Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    That only makes me want the demo sooner, any news when it officially launches?
    Square has not officially announced the demo yet, so it could launch at any point on or before March 3rd. I'm inclined to think it will be available very soon considering that it's completely ready.

According the The Night Sky Prince, the demo consists of the ENTIRE bombing mission.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Nostalgia hits Nymrohd. It's very effective.
    I have not even played the original and the intro still felt nostalgic. I am very impatient for this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Asphyx22 View Post
    Square has not officially announced the demo yet, so it could launch at any point on or before March 3rd. I'm inclined to think it will be available very soon considering that it's completely ready.

According the The Night Sky Prince, the demo consists of the ENTIRE bombing mission.
    Just a guess, but I think it might be a bonus for PS+ subscribers in January and available for all in Feb. Sony hasn't announced the January PS+ lineup yet which is weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Just a guess, but I think it might be a bonus for PS+ subscribers in January and available for all in Feb. Sony hasn't announced the January PS+ lineup yet which is weird.
    I'm gonna be a sad lad if that's the case. Hopefully they announce the release date for the demo super soon.

Gameplay is leaked as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

15+ Year Old Account
    Fucking badger as wedge. What the frick

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    So WHY are they just calling it 'remake'? I thought that was just for the announcment, but it seems with that intro that it's the actual subtitle of the game. Why not Final Fantasy VII: Reunion? Final Fantasy VII: Second Edition? Or, since this is just the first in a series of remakes: Final Fantasy VII: Midgar, or Final Fantasy VII: AVALANCHE
    I am really glad that are simply calling it Final Fantasy VII: Remake. It makes it clear what it is from the start. So many other times we have seen companies be too vague with their titles and it just leads to confusion, like naming reboots or remakes of a series the same title as the original like Tomb Raider and Resident Evil 2 or sequels dropping numbers like God of War or the Assassin's Creed series. FF VII: Remake. It is simple and everyone knows exactly what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Gameplay is leaked as well.
    I would love to watch this, but I'm gonna hold off. I wanna experience the demo myself. I really hope we get some info soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I am really glad that are simply calling it Final Fantasy VII: Remake. It makes it clear what it is from the start. So many other times we have seen companies be too vague with their titles and it just leads to confusion, like naming reboots or remakes of a series the same title as the original like Tomb Raider and Resident Evil 2 or sequels dropping numbers like God of War or the Assassin's Creed series. FF VII: Remake. It is simple and everyone knows exactly what it is.
    Just sounds so artificial to me. It IS better than just calling it Final Fantasy VII again, I hate that numberless bullshit as well. Especially when the reboots start getting sequels, like Hitman 2.

Just sounds so artificial to me.
    Games are artificial.

It's better to have a product name that clearly explains what it is without having to do research then otherwise. Ask the PS2, PS3 and PS4 vs the "Wii U" or "Xbox One" lol...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Games are artificial.

It's better to have a product name that clearly explains what it is without having to do research then otherwise. Ask the PS2, PS3 and PS4 vs the "Wii U" or "Xbox One" lol...
    How are games artificial? Is there anything more organic and less artificial than art?

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    God damnit that intro just made me want this even more -.-

How are games artificial? Is there anything more organic and less artificial than art?
    Someone should of got a dictionary for christmas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Intro makes me wanna play
    Reminder that's it not JRPG and its instead a KH style ARPG makes me wanna skip

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and the fact they're splitting the game into (at least) 2... yeah
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Reminder that's it not JRPG
    It is a JRPG.

Edit- And I don't just mean that in a snarky "its made in Japan" way as I don't consider Dark Souls or Dragon's Dogma JRPGs for example. Saying it's not a JRPG without having purely menu based combat is so hilariously bad. Tales, Mana, Sakura Wars, YS, Ni No Kuni, Xanadu... All JRPGs.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2020-01-01 at 09:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    when I think JRPG I think Pokemon, a majority of the Final Fantasy games, etc. your turn comes up, you select your move, etc.

You don't run around mashing buttons hitting things with swords/guns/whatever. That's an ARPG. Diablo, Kingdom Hearts, come to mind.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

when I think JRPG I think Pokemon, a majority of the Final Fantasy games, etc. your turn comes up, you select your move, etc.

You don't run around mashing buttons hitting things with swords/guns/whatever. That's an ARPG. Diablo, Kingdom Hearts, come to mind.
    Imagine thinking Diablo and KH are closer to each other then KH and FF. Imagine thinking all the games I named above are not JRPGs. Go ask r/jprg what they think about your hot take here lol.

There's an option to play it like the original turn based style of the game.

you can't complain about options, play your way = everyone wins.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account

I would be thrilled if they dared to go back to the good old systems in FF16. My personal favorite was always FFX since it allowed you too see ahead and lay some decent strats mid-battle if things got out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    There's an option to play it like the original turn based style of the game.

you can't complain about options, play your way = everyone wins.
    Well that and FFVII wasn't turn based to begin with. It was a real time combat system where when the ATB meter filled up you told the character what to do. The game didn't stop and wait on you to take your turn, unless you turned that option on(it wasn't default) and the same is the case here.

Sounds like you're not a fan of action-style games and favor something closer to turn-based combat. FF7 Remake is still considered a JRPG (Japanese Role Playing Game), though; Kingdom Hearts is as well.

I completely get some people prefer different methods of combat. I've never been an fps guy. I'm picky with anything close to turn-based combat too. Though, I am trying to broaden my scope a bit in that regard.