View Poll Results: what is the highest key you completed in a TRUE pug?

Voters
75. This poll is closed
  • none

10 13.33%

0 0%

0 0%

2 2.67%

1 1.33%

2 2.67%

2 2.67%

2 2.67%

1 1.33%

8 10.67%

9 12.00%

6 8.00%

3 4.00%

7 9.33%
  • 15 or higher

22 29.33%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question What is the highest key you completed in a TRUE pug

Picking totally random people for a pug without using raider.io is perhaps one of the best tests of leadership and organizational skills in the game.

What is the highest key you completed in a TRUE pug (no friends, no raider.io, just pick the first people that pop up)? I thought this would be an interesting minigame to play among friends, seeing who can lead a group of randoms to the highest completed key.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Everyone on MMO Champion has completed a +15 in a true pug. And 8/8M EP, 2200 arena rating, RBG rating...

5+ Year Old Account
    It was a Waycrest Manor +11 iirc. Being a tank helped, I guess, since ppl tend to forget about the r.io BS in that case
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    +12 Mother load, group was really good and rather friendly as well. was a fun run.

For the recorded I make/start all the M+ Pug groups I do, and I have never touched raider I.O. for anything.
    Last edited by Whitedragon; 2020-01-02 at 02:05 AM.

Pretty sure the highest I PuG'd was a 10 UR recently. We 2 chested it and I made a fair number of mistakes as the tank :3
    Last edited by DazManianDevil; 2020-01-02 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Misread OP, fix't

10+ Year Old Account
    +15 EoA in Legion (23 seconds left!) if we're talking 'ever' and for BFA, +14 WCM with around 3 minutes to spare.

+17 Waycrest
    I did not lead however, just invited 4 people with the highest item level and we cleared it. Thats how I usually do all of my keys, which normally end at 15.

I think I haven't run a single true PUG in either legion or bfa. I remember helping some guildies and we had to fill some spots with randoms from the tool, but these cases I can count on one hand and they were obviously not true PUGs.

Frankly, if I had to find full PUGs I wouldn't be playing this game anymore. Running the same shitty dungeons for over 1.5 years is not THAT interesting at the end of the day :P.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    What is the highest key you completed in a TRUE pug (no friends, no raider.io, just pick the first people that pop up)?

Cause I don't give a poop about M+

13 Siege, but we didn't beat the timer (lost by about 4 minutes)
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

14 shrine in BfA, 18 or 19 in Arcway Legion, but 18-19 in Legion when I did it was the difficulty of a 12-13 or so in this season. I like pugging stuff, but mostly for my alts in the safe 6-12 keys depending on gear/skill. I don't join a 12 if I know the character isn't good enough. Wish others could do the same to be honest. The raider.io might be high for someone that gets invited to the groups, but that does definitely not mean they are any good.

If it's not purely boosting. Good with a guild then!

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post

Cause I don't give a poop about M+
    Same here, I've had enough misery in LFR to know that a dungeon with any difficulty and a pug is a waste of time and stress.

Just checked my priest's io page to find it. Looks like a Temple +10 that took 52 minutes in season 2. Funny enough, this season was also a Temple +10 on my warrior tank and it took just over 39 minutes.

Looks like Season 1 was a Waycrest 10 on my warlock.

Pushing anything past a 10 for completion I generally run with friends or guild members, but if I'm just going for completion on an alt or something I'm down to sit in a 10 for 2 hours if I need to. I've got a screenshot from a couple expansions back of a 5 1/2 hour UBRS Challenge Mode run back when doing the daily CM was a good way to farm gear in WoD.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Everyone on MMO Champion has completed a +15 in a true pug. And 8/8M EP, 2200 arena rating, RBG rating...
    2k+ arena and 2k+ RBG oQueue MOP. Closest I ever came to your figures ������
    The most persecuted minority is the individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    TRUE pug (no friends, no raider.io, just pick the first people that pop up)?
    Why would you ever put yourself through that? Is looking at ilvl also not allowed?

For me the answer is none. I always try to get someone from the guild, and if I can't, I will at least take a basic look at the RIO of people joining my group.

7+ Year Old Account
    Generally if I'm joining a true pug I'm merely after some tidal core for making bags or follower equipment so I just want something fast. In that case, the highest I've (probably) gone is +3 maybe +4.

Underrot +15 a couple of weeks ago. Funny enough it was one of the best runs I've had n Bfa.

In Legion +12 arcway and boy did that take a long time to clear out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Six or seven I believe. Done like 5 mythic + in total in BFA.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    +16 WC, +16 UR and tons of +15. Probably can do even 17-18 in dungens like ur, wc, freehold but i'm lazy slacker, who complete only 1 dungeon per week for chest. Also io score a bit lower than 1.6k so "pro party" simply do not take me for keys like that. And i'm do not care anyway cos no benefits after +10. So last few weeks I do 12-13 rush for +2-3 which guarantee me fast key. Rare create my own party. Always join to somebody even if I have 15-17 key.
    Last edited by Visor; 2020-01-02 at 03:39 AM.

+20 season 2 atal dazar

but that was taking guys 2.2k+ and probably stroke of luck

normally its possible ~17-18 i did couple of these in true pug.