Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    If you're running AV and not WSG premades,you'd need ~16H a day on an average server,22H a day on an active PvP server.

And that's not even a guaranteed,you'd need to keep this up for months without anyone else doing more than you do

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    The system doesnt work like that at all. There are brackets. It dsnt care what lvl you are. The only thing that level is factored into, is that it prevents you from reaching certain ranks and you will actually earn less CP.
    Saw a level 58 rank 8 yesterday, he said it didn't take him long so maybe there is a glitch?

Quote Originally Posted by Babadoo View Post
    Rank fuckin 8 is now impossible with 8hrs per day. Honestly its disgusting
    Not saying this wasn't expected, but this is one of the short comings of classic's honor system. A system like this just leads to an arms race, and apparently there are still a lot of no-lyfe players out there (or illegal account sharers) who can 24/7 the game.

Maybe everyone doesn't deserve certain good gear and it should only be awarded to the people who invest a disproportionate amount of time to get it.

Fucking retail babies thinking they are entitled to get the best gear with no investment. Absolutely disgusting.

I do wish they'd remove earning honor in bgs so you actually have to play the game and be capable of killing people to rank. Wpvp meta is best meta and I'm on the less dominant faction. Can't afk and earn honor in wpvp.

As it stands you can just remote in and make sure you don't afk out of bgs and earn 100k+ honor a day without ever actually doing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Saw a level 58 rank 8 yesterday, he said it didn't take him long so maybe there is a glitch?
    There is no glitch. Its possible for him to rank 8 but he most likely lives in bgs. Google the honor system and how it works. I don't want to shatter your dreams but you will not "casually" rank up above 6-8.

There is no glitch. Its possible for him to rank 8 but he most likely lives in bgs. Google the honor system and how it works. I don't want to shatter your dreams but you will not "casually" rank up above 6-8.
    As long as I can get high enough to get my 6 piece rare set then I will be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    As long as I can get high enough to get my 6 piece rare set then I will be happy.
    That's rank 10 and will require somewhere around 8 hrs a day at the rate ppl are currently playing. Will drop but probably not below 5 hrs a day. Will need to be around the top 6% of the server.

The only way it's possible i hate to say it is account shareing with someone when you want to take breaks.

That's rank 10 and will require somewhere around 8 hrs a day at the rate ppl are currently playing. Will drop but probably not below 5 hrs a day. Will need to be around the top 6% of the server.
    Well once the servers die off it will get easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The honour of the other side doesnt matter cause your only competing against your own faction for ranks.
    It matters, because not every player in your AV group is from your server. Usually just a handful. You can have an advantage against all the other competitors from your server if you have luck with your AVs.

If the opposite team does not wasting time in farming honor to keep the match quick, your faction can farm honor / kill all the necessary elites for a big honor gain without caring about the outcome of the match at all. This worked pretty well on EU servers on the first couple of days at which alliance groups just rushed through av, winning the match in some minutes with a quarter of the hordes honor gain. For me as an individual were very happy about the circumstances, because I could farm some alliance plebs, while the rest of the team killed the elites and the alliance finished the match quick.
    Last edited by Millyraynge; 2019-12-20 at 04:08 AM.

Clearly people still fail to understand how ranking up works if they keep asking stupid questions like this.

I don't think 8 hours will get you Rank 10 even a year from now. Most players cannot realistically go above Rank 7. It just takes too much time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Was it later into classic? Maybe it's seasonal or timeline based how much time it required. It would make sense.

I just remember at the time account sharing for High Warlord/Grand Marshal was a bit of an open secret. I only knew three people who managed it, and they all had help from their guilds, but I've also since heard a lot of people online reference needing to have other people help just so they could sleep and occasionally leave the house. But maybe people needed that to even hit 16 hours, I don't know.

I only hit rank 8 or so on my sole 60 then, as someone who pvped a modest amount for funsies so I don't have any firsthand experience.

Anyway, not trying to accuse every person who hit 14 of account sharing, I just remember it being necessary (perhaps just during certain periods and on some servers) for some people to reach it. That not only is 8 hours insufficient, but sometimes people had to go to more extreme measures just to get the hours needed to manage the feat.
    Think I was in one of the last weeks before 1.12.1, so likely some had given up the race by then.

Still needed 1,200,000 honor per week to maintain Standing #1.

Was at least three of us going for top spot that week, myself, a warlock (who also got Grand Marshal) and a hunter (who didn't make it).

And yes, account sharing was rampant. There was a Tauran Warrior who was notorious for farming 24/7 between himself and his brother.

Luckily he was so bad he still never made High Warlord.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    idk man, on my realm it takes like 8 hours a day of farming honor just get get into bracket 7-8.

If you play a class that can easily gank in wPvP between ques (as Horde) then you might be able to hit like rank 10 with 8 hours a day, but unlikely.

I'm getting my Rank 7 this week and stopping there for now as even if I had the time to go further it's just too boring to grind AV all day.
    Last edited by Drunkenfinn; 2019-12-20 at 05:52 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    The longer classic is out the easier it will become. 8hrs a day probably wont be enough 2 years from now.

You can't get r14 outside of premade AV runs right now, premade AV = 10 min runs with 99% winrate, solo queue AV 30 min runs with no guaranteed win, doesnt matter how much you play, you will never get more RP than the rankers to get to r14.

Quote Originally Posted by Trefort90 View Post
    Hi,
    I'm wondering if I run AV 8hours/day, is it possible to reach the rank 14 or would I need to spend more time on it? Thanks.
    not with cross realm premades around mate

Quote Originally Posted by MrHorner View Post
    I'm just gonna take a break from pvp while you disgusting nerds spend 10 hours a day farming this repetitive shit.
    Rank 10 is going to be easy.
    10 hours, hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Was never enough outside of private/cheat servers.

Even the hope on a low pop server dies as soon as payed character transfer is an option, just look at Retails Arena R1 server hopping for each season in the past, it was even more cruel in Retail, because the MMR inflation on high pop servers gated tranfered characters from native players on the server, so native players could never get R1 even if they played better/won more/played more, it was mathematical not possible.

The R14 honor system got no prevention against 24/7 playtime (shared accounts) advantage, so you will allways lose if you play legit even with unhealthy amounts of 8h+ daily grind and since skill is not a factor in the R14 system, you lose by default.
    I got 14 in vanilla. I was completely baffled as to why so many people were talking about how great the honor system was and how it was totally better than arena.

No, arena came into being specifically to make pvp competitive. You could play for an hour a week in the arena system and get rank 1 if you were good enough. I'd never go back to the honor system, ever. I was also like 15 back then so grinding it wasn't that hard, I had tons of free time.

I'd never be able to do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    No, arena came into being specifically to make pvp competitive.
    Retail PVE is about getting quicker done with the content if you play above average in raids/m+.
    Retail PVP is about getting quicker to rankings if you play above average.

With naive eyes the old honor system could be seen as an option for those players who fail in retails challenging difficulty. But those players are now shocked about the time commitments even sub 10 ranks need, since they could not even read a 15year old statistical table to understand how the system works.

To bad its the 1.12 version and not the worse one.
    -