Apparently, the last boss along with many character reveals and set pieces were datamined. There are 100+ images out on the internet right now. No one should look for them unless they wanna spoil A LOT of the game.

It's of course a small sample of opinions, but people are saying the game looks extremely promising based on the leaks.

Call me simple but I just care about one. no,. two things.
    Tifa. :P

Still think it's weird cloud went for aerith

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Leaks are sometimes just marketing.
    The demo being leaked is on Sony, should of been better protected on their servers. People are downloading it directly from their servers on hacked PS4s.

But... Square literally having assets from the entire game and maybe even some from part 2 in the demo is on Square. Shit would of been leaked regardless once it officially released.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The demo being leaked is on Sony, should of been better protected on their servers. People are downloading it directly from their servers on hacked PS4s.

But... Square literally having assets from the entire game and maybe even some from part 2 in the demo is on Square. Shit would of been leaked regardless once it officially released.
    Didn't RE2's Demo have some of the same issues, but not to this extent? Like you could get to the areas but it was empty, this seems to be the whole fucking game lol.

I am betting the official release of the demo is gonna be pushed back a week or two to remove assets that should not be there.

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    I am betting the official release of the demo is gonna be pushed back a week or two to remove assets that should not be there.
    It's pointless now, it's already out there. They can pretend it doesn't exist but it doesn't matter.

All i know is i saw a list of leaked filenames and saw Deepground from fucking dirge of cerberus and if a certain thing is back then fucking christ here we go again.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    all the guy did was mash the attack button, making it look boring. A marketer would have at least shown other stuff off to awe people at least
    Honestly, my experience with most modern JRPG's has simply been to mash attack and get combat over with. They seem to have something of an identity crisis where they can't decide if they want to go with Turn based combat or Action combat. It ends up being a very unfocused experience.

I'd much rather they just pick one and go with it, rather than a frankenstein mix of both. I enjoy turn based games. I enjoy action games. I've yet to find a game that's aiming for a mixture of both that I've had any real fun with. There's no experimentation to come up with a workable stratergy to beat a fight because often the execution elements get in the way, but at the same time the execution barriers are so low that you often simply can't fail even with the clumsy control schemes. The whole thing just ends up being utterly shallow and repetative experience.

FF7 Remake looks like more of the same - An unfocused mish-mash of ideas that doesn't really know what it wants to be.

I'm a bit nervous for this.

A simple remake of the game with updated grpahics would have been great.

I'm not sure how I feel about this new combat system, with the exception of Type 0 I generally haven't liked the more actiony final fantasy combat systems they've done. I really didn't enjoy FF XII's combat system. I like turn based and I like full action combat, but when FF tires to do weird hybrids of that system, I just don't like it. That's why I liked Type 0 as much as I did, no lingering turn based elements.

And in theory, breaking the game into three or four parts while expanding upon the journey and world building might be interesting to see. But it could also end up just bloating and padding out the main story to stretch it between these multiple installments.

I'm not declaring that the sky is falling but I'm concerned and will have to wait and see what the game's like after release before I consider buying it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Honestly, my experience with most modern JRPG's has simply been to mash attack and get combat over with. They seem to have something of an identity crisis where they can't decide if they want to go with Turn based combat or Action combat. It ends up being a very unfocused experience.

I'd much rather they just pick one and go with it, rather than a frankenstein mix of both. I enjoy turn based games. I enjoy action games. I've yet to find a game that's aiming for a mixture of both that I've had any real fun with. There's no experimentation to come up with a workable stratergy to beat a fight because often the execution elements get in the way, but at the same time the execution barriers are so low that you often simply can't fail even with the clumsy control schemes. The whole thing just ends up being utterly shallow and repetative experience.

FF7 Remake looks like more of the same - An unfocused mish-mash of ideas that doesn't really know what it wants to be.
    This has kh2fns combat director, but more to the point he never pressed triangle, tried to cast spells with no mp, didnt even look at the combat menu and never guarded

It's a shame a lot of major details leaked this early. It's gonna be a rough time avoiding spoilers until it launches. I guess a post trending on Reddit claimed it will at least be a few (or maybe a couple) weeks till we get it.

I wouldn't mind them doing some sort of tie-in with the new KH3 dlc since that is right around the time frame of the supposed demo release. Kinda doubt that would happen, though.

Update: If you want to find some of the supposed ost tracks, searching ff7 remake ost and sorting the filter by upload date will show them. Idk if these are legit. (I would link one, but they are getting uploaded and removed by the hour lol)
    Last edited by Asphyx22; 2020-01-03 at 03:39 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyx22 View Post
    It's a shame a lot of major details leaked this early. It's gonna be a rough time avoiding spoilers until it launches. I guess a post trending on Reddit claimed it will at least be a few (or maybe a couple) weeks till we get it.

I wouldn't mind them doing some sort of tie-in with the new KH3 dlc since that is right around the time frame of the supposed demo release. Kinda doubt that would happen, though.

Update: If you want to find some of the supposed ost tracks, searching ff7 remake ost and sorting the filter by upload date will show them. Idk if these are legit.
    Psst aeith dies

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Psst aeith dies
    How dare you hurt me like that

15+ Year Old Account
    If they weren't still clinging to the dumb ff7 compilation i would figured they'd change the story so she doesn't die

10+ Year Old Account
    If they weren't still clinging to the dumb ff7 compilation i would figured they'd change the story so she doesn't die
    I'm honestly expecting they might pull a fake-out. Have it set up exactly the same way, only this time she dodges at the last second, only for Possessed Cloud to cut her down right after everyone has a second to adjust to the fact that she survived. Either that, or have an Overpowered Aerith help with the JEVOVA fight, only for her to disappear after, then the murder scene happens in a flashback as the party realizes she helped them from the Lifestream.

This has kh2fns combat director, but more to the point he never pressed triangle, tried to cast spells with no mp, didnt even look at the combat menu and never guarded
    It looked from the footage as though the Triangle was to switch stances between fast attacks and slower, harder hitting ones. The linked video seems to have been removed, so I can't go back and confirm it. Mechanically, it looked as though the stratergy Squenix intend you to use is staggering an enemy and going to town on it while it's stunned. As a concept, that seems fine on the surface, but it needs other minor mechanics in there to shake up the formula to keep things interesting.

I realise it's the opening section of the game, but just mashing your way mindlessly through combat like that doesn't exactly excite me. Not having control over more than one character always gives me the impression my grip on events is rather loose. I'm of the opinion that from FF13 onwards Final Fantasy combat has been more about spectacle than substance and the footage doesn't do much to reassure me that FF7 Remake is any different.

I'm willing to wait until we can get some more information about how the game plays later on, how progression systems work and how they tie into the gameplay. Materia could be a huge wildcard that has you rethink everytime you get a new piece to add to your arsenal. For the time being though, it doesn't look like something I would enjoy.

15+ Year Old Account
    It looked from the footage as though the Triangle was to switch stances between fast attacks and slower, harder hitting ones. The linked video seems to have been removed, so I can't go back and confirm it. Mechanically, it looked as though the stratergy Squenix intend you to use is staggering an enemy and going to town on it while it's stunned. As a concept, that seems fine on the surface, but it needs other minor mechanics in there to shake up the formula to keep things interesting.

I realise it's the opening section of the game, but just mashing your way mindlessly through combat like that doesn't exactly excite me. Not having control over more than one character always gives me the impression my grip on events is rather loose. I'm of the opinion that from FF13 onwards Final Fantasy combat has been more about spectacle than substance and the footage doesn't do much to reassure me that FF7 Remake is any different.

I'm willing to wait until we can get some more information about how the game plays later on, how progression systems work and how they tie into the gameplay. Materia could be a huge wildcard that has you rethink everytime you get a new piece to add to your arsenal. For the time being though, it doesn't look like something I would enjoy.
    I dont really disagree but them giving you the option to switch characters anytime you want is really nice and a much needed improvement over ff13 and 15. But the reality is the game isnt much different than the original. Spam attacks with some magic here and there.

I dont really disagree but them giving you the option to switch characters anytime you want is really nice and a much needed improvement over ff13 and 15. But the reality is the game isnt much different than the original. Spam attacks with some magic here and there.
    I always considered that Turn Based combat put the emphasis more onto your chosen stratergy than execution. That stratergy could be simple, like spam attack and heal when needed for example, or you could also go for more elaborate tactics like using Elemental Weaknesses, abusing Reflect, All and Self-Casting spells, bonus points for throwing in Mega All and MP Turbo in to the mix too. My personal favourite was loading a character with Cover, Counter and a Berserk Ring and letting them demolish whatever was in their way.

Those kinds of macro stratergies can't really exist in the same space as more action orentated combat. They tend to have their own stratergies that are based more on execution, such as "Dodge the charge and hit it from behind while it's stunned". They're not bad game play per se, but there are plenty of games that do it better than JRPGs because they're not also tied into a pseudo turn based system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget, that's just Cloud. Each character is going to have their own combat style. For instance, Tifa has a more Fighting Game style, where her moves are combo based, and can be chained together, etc etc. So while Cloud's stance switching is a little bland, there are lots of other characters, who might be more your style.

Also: As you mentioned, Materia and character customisation is going to be huge. We already know that different weapons will have "Core Materia" which allows the weapon to be leveled, AND, once mastered, will give you an ability you can use, even after you change weapon. We've not seen much from Materia, yet, but the little we have seen looks promising.

So... Yeah. I think the combat gameplay will be just as tactical, if not more so than FFVII.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Don't forget, that's just Cloud. Each character is going to have their own combat style. For instance, Tifa has a more Fighting Game style, where her moves are combo based, and can be chained together, etc etc. So while Cloud's stance switching is a little bland, there are lots of other characters, who might be more your style.

Also: As you mentioned, Materia and character customisation is going to be huge. We already know that different weapons will have "Core Materia" which allows the weapon to be leveled, AND, once mastered, will give you an ability you can use, even after you change weapon. We've not seen much from Materia, yet, but the little we have seen looks promising.

So... Yeah. I think the combat gameplay will be just as tactical, if not more so than FFVII.
    I don't think it will be AS tactical as the original, although it does look like the system will have more depth than Final Fantasy XIII or XV. I highly doubt anything other than turn-based games could do what the original did. This new one might lead to some killer combinations, but it isn't going to let you get hit once and retaliate with 77 Knights of the Round summons while you go take a nap.