Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Required ilvl for Nyalotha normal

Our guild is looking to get back into raiding for 8.3 and are thinking of starting with normal. A lot of us have been out of the game for a while and are wondering what you recommend we should set as the minimum requirements to join the first Nyalotha normal raid?

Based on some initial research we are thinking of setting it as 435ilvl, 65 neck. Does that seem reasonable or are we missing something?

For normal there should not be any requirement. Just play the game and you'll get the gear requirements to clear it for the most part.

Well, Azshara's Eternal Palace Raid (8.2) dropped iLevels are 400/415/430/445. So setting a 435 ilvl requirement would mean you need gear at a higher ilevel than the previous raid's Heroic level gear.

Looking at Ny'alotha current info (which could change any second) looks like it will be 430/445/460/475 with the last two bosses having slightly higher ilevel.

435 would make things easier but I wouldn't set that as a minimum.

If you really want to set a minimum I would recommend 420, maybe 425. That's around the previous tier's Normal range taking into account some better gear from M+ or war/titanforging and benthic gear with upgrades.

For a PUG - iLvl 520 I expect.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    For a PUG - iLvl 520 I expect.
    And just to be sure, that the PuG will be a success it could be set to around 548

The guideline should be the minimum ilvl for new raid is the heroic ilvl from the previous raid.

Most folks wanted 400+ when EP launched, so 430+ should be minimum baseline for ny'alotha normal.

10+ Year Old Account
    well considering that you get 430 LFR, 445 Normal, 460 Heroic, 475 Mythic for most bosses and 440 LFR, 455 Normal, 470 Heroic, 485 Mythic for the last two bosses, I would say that an item level of 600 would be the minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by evotech View Post
    Our guild is looking to get back into raiding for 8.3 and are thinking of starting with normal. A lot of us have been out of the game for a while and are wondering what you recommend we should set as the minimum requirements to join the first Nyalotha normal raid?

Based on some initial research we are thinking of setting it as 435ilvl, 65 neck. Does that seem reasonable or are we missing something?
    Just by this post I can tell that your guild is garbage. Only tryhard and shitty casual guild require a certain ilvl for someone to join them and even worse: you guys are just doing normal mode.

And yeah of course 435 is a too high requirement for normal mode. That's what PUGs, where the RL is someone who wants to get carried, will require initially.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Start requiring minimum DPS rather than minimum ilvl. There are so many players who don't pull the weight of their gear, meanwhile players with weaker gear can play like beasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    The guideline should be the minimum ilvl for new raid is the heroic ilvl from the previous raid.

Most folks wanted 400+ when EP launched, so 430+ should be minimum baseline for ny'alotha normal.
    The guideline minimum for what? Pugs?

If you have a guild that only manages to raid normal, and barely any heroic, you would then be stuck?
    Its usually perfectly acceptable to do normal with previous raids normal item level. Of course more helps. But shooting for a target even above previous heroic is just PUG-level logic.

expect 445 for normal, 460 for heroic and 470 for mythic
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezminion View Post
    And just to be sure, that the PuG will be a success it could be set to around 548
    Amen. Last week I saw a Mechagon run - not hard mode either, just the standard mythic version - that said 'easy run 440+ only'.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Start requiring minimum DPS rather than minimum ilvl. There are so many players who don't pull the weight of their gear, meanwhile players with weaker gear can play like beasts.
    Problem with this is, anyone can say they pull high dps. "invite me 50k+ on bosses" only to pull like, 15k. ilevel on the other hand, you can't cheat to the same extent. Yeah you could equip higher ilevel gear from like, a different spec, but that's not as much wiggle room as simply whispering someone a number.

I would say just drop about 10-15 item levels off the gear ilvl of the raid difficulty you're doing.

for instance.

Player 430 - 445 Normal
    Player 445 - 460 Heroic
    Player 460 - 475 Mythic
    Last edited by ecospherez; 2020-01-03 at 03:50 PM.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Amen. Last week I saw a Mechagon run - not hard mode either, just the standard mythic version - that said 'easy run 440+ only'.

- - - Updated - - -

Problem with this is, anyone can say they pull high dps. "invite me 50k+ on bosses" only to pull like, 15k. ilevel on the other hand, you can't cheat to the same extent. Yeah you could equip higher ilevel gear from like, a different spec, but that's not as much wiggle room as simply whispering someone a number.
    Whenever I report DPS numbers I post my WCL. Sometimes I get ignored, other times it's appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pug requirements for normal Nyalotha will likely be something along the lines of "MASSIVE DICKS ONLY 2k+ RADIERIO CUTTING EDGE AZSHARA 500+ILVL AND NUDES OF YOUR MUM", and it'll proceed to collapse on the second or third boss when people have to do mechanics.

The actual requirement will likely be around 425 The gear that drops from normal is 430, so realistically 420 should be fine but 425 because pugs, need a little padding but no where near what people usually ask for, mostly because they're usually looking to get carried.

W/e catch up gear they put in is usually more then enough to start normal. throw in some stuff from m+ and you should be fine.

if you really want to help your guild organize a few days of "help everybody get a +7/8/9/10" done so you get at least a heroic ilvl item in the weekly box.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Whenever I report DPS numbers I post my WCL. Sometimes I get ignored, other times it's appreciated.
    Yeah, that's a good way to handle it.

Generally I go by ilevel/achievements when I PuG people into groups, but don't always get the dps I'd expect from someone with AOTC, 430+ gear, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    The guideline minimum for what? Pugs?

If you have a guild that only manages to raid normal, and barely any heroic, you would then be stuck?
    Its usually perfectly acceptable to do normal with previous raids normal item level. Of course more helps. But shooting for a target even above previous heroic is just PUG-level logic.
    Just because the number is equal to heroic doesn't mean its not achieveable by people who aren't farming heroic. People who do normal, will progress into heroic naturally and get gear from there. That, combined with Mythic+ weekly rewards, dungeon event caches, warfront rewards, and most recently the anniversary event... getting to 430+ is easy as pie.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Thats wrong too, if you want to be picky you search for people's logs, ilvl at this point is as false as that phrase you mention thanks to titanforging, everyone running not deserved ilvl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbro View Post
    Thats wrong too, if you want to be picky you search for people's logs, ilvl at this point is as false as that phrase you mention thanks to titanforging, everyone running not deserved ilvl.
    Personally I don't consider a normal raid worth the effort of checking logs and websites and all that, but to each their own.