Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Additional Demon Hunter races

Will we ever see Nightborne and Voidelf Demon Hunters? These seem the easiest to implement to me, because of the shared models.

Isn't it time they loosened the race restriction on this a bit? What do you think? Any other races that should or could be DH without it being super lore breaking?

Legion should have stretched lore a bit and allow orcs and draenei as demon hunters, as both races were part of Illidan's forces. Fel orc and eredar skins for DHs would be really cool.
    Whatever...

I'm thinking they'll add more after Shadowlands if we deal with Fel as a cosmic force again. Death Knights are just barely now getting new options aside from Worgen/Goblins back in Cataclysm. Makes sense Demon Hunters get a couple additions later on. Draenei and Orcs make sense. A human Demon Hunter could be cool too, but new lore would need to be developed for that. Nightborne and Void Elves seem like no-brainers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Legion should have stretched lore a bit and allow orcs and draenei as demon hunters, as both races were part of Illidan's forces. Fel orc and eredar skins for DHs would be really cool.
    Ugh yes please.

Eredar ANYTHING would be freaken awesome.

human demon hunters were cannon in the comics i think and there was only ever one i believe

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I'm thinking they'll add more after Shadowlands if we deal with Fel as a cosmic force again. Death Knights are just barely now getting new options aside from Worgen/Goblins back in Cataclysm. Makes sense Demon Hunters get a couple additions later on. Draenei and Orcs make sense. A human Demon Hunter could be cool too, but new lore would need to be developed for that. Nightborne and Void Elves seem like no-brainers.
    Not really sure Void Elves could be DH. Being a DH or Void Elf takes A LOT of willpower (most DH can't survive it), adding more stress to their minds would be surely fatal.

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    Not really sure Void Elves could be DH. Being a DH or Void Elf takes A LOT of willpower (most DH can't survive it), adding more stress to their minds would be surely fatal.
    They already deal with the void voices, with demon blood running their veins i think they would end up being way too crazy and die from being drained.

- - - Updated - - -

Eredar demon hunters, Fel draenei i really see it tbh. We see them everywhere in WoD- Pretty sure they can handle it.

Draenei/Orcs and Void Elves/Nightborne have always been the most obvious and requested race combos for Demonhunters.

Eredar and Fel Orcs don't make much sense lorewise, because they aren't containing demons inside, they have become demons themselves.

Making man'ari options for demon hunters would so god damned stupid. "Fel draenei" aren't draenei or even Eredar anymore. They've become demons. Demons can't become demon hunters.

zandalari would be another possible option since they have a similar class in their culture

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    human demon hunters were cannon in the comics i think and there was only ever one i believe
    Were they actually demon hunters (i.e. ripping eyes out, absorbing demon essences into themselves, etc) or just warlocks?

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Draenei/Orcs and Void Elves/Nightborne have always been the most obvious and requested race combos for Demonhunters.

Eredar and Fel Orcs don't make much sense lorewise, because they aren't containing demons inside, they have become demons themselves.
    Nightborne yes, Void elves couldn't take it, they would explode literally.

Draenei who forsook their faith in the Light and followed Illidan to get revenge on the Legion or Orcs would both make sense within the timeline of the demon hunter starting experience. I think it's more the art assets than 'elf only lore' though that lead to only night/blood elves having the class. It wouldn't be any more jarring than worgen/goblin dks being shoehorned in and for some reason still being sent to the horde/alliance when they were added to DKs in Cata.

Gnomes, with butterfly wings... and bug eyed blind folds... they'll be the Fairy sect.

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    Fair enough, that should be a raid boss then.

"Fawraell tried... he was a Void Elf who attempted the Void Elf ritual. His mind couldn't take it. Now he's at the point of void implosion with a 12 yard radius fel explosion on a 12 minute enrage timer. You have to defeat him within that time while avoiding void portals with tentacles sucking raiders in and his immolation aura and eye beam tanks have to swap places. Defeat the monstrosity he has become... and loot his pants."

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Fair enough, that should be a raid boss then.

"Fawraell tried... he was a Void Elf who attempted the Void Elf ritual. His mind couldn't take it. Now he's at the point of void implosion with a 12 yard radius fel explosion on a 12 minute enrage timer. You have to defeat him within that time while avoiding void portals with tentacles sucking raiders in and his immolation aura and eye beam tanks have to swap places. Defeat the monstrosity he has become... and loot his pants."
    Nightborne have a few problems to be anything that they aren't right now. Like druids, and demon hunters, cause they were cut from outside world for 10k years so hard to say, they would need basically so much training for everything else... They should just keep them the classes they have atm. (Even tho they are turning into dks next patch)

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Void Elf and Nightborne demon hunters would be regarded as a cheap expansion, it would just be paint swaps on the Blood Elf and Night Elf unique demon models.

Besides, there are maybe lore reasons as to why Void Elves couldn't be Demon Hunters due to their connection to the void (it might not be able to cohabit with the demon they have inside them).

Any new Demon Hunter races will have two unique demon forms, one for each spec, so it is unlikely they will make Demon Hunters available to everyone. Like Druids, Demon Hunter race expansion is constrained by the art assets that will be required.

I figure they'll try and get the most bang for their buck and when the times comes, do Human and Orc Demon Hunters.

Zandalari.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Will we ever see Nightborne and Voidelf Demon Hunters? These seem the easiest to implement to me, because of the shared models.

Isn't it time they loosened the race restriction on this a bit? What do you think? Any other races that should or could be DH without it being super lore breaking?
    Why not, lore has been screwed over with more DK choices.. Even though Void elf would be the problematic one...
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..