Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    You do realize that demons are not exclusively fel-based right? Many demons are void-based such as voidwalkers. There's no reason a Void Elf demon hunter could not eat the heart of a void-based demon and have his powers use that blue-black void color (like the heritage wings) for any of the typical fel-based abilities.
    Calling them demons is a misnomer me thinks, since void and fel can barely coexist when it's only the two (Xhul'horac), and he's classed as Void revenant aberration base, not demon. Either way, this ain't gonna work for a demon hunter as they are. A re-skin? Sure, why not, since I am tooting that horn. However, a new class would fit void elves sooner than vanilla demon hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Nightborne yes, Void elves couldn't take it, they would explode literally.
    Nothing in lore is impossible for blizzard. They can always find an excuse to allow void elves to become demonhunters.

After all worgen can be raised as undead dks, undead can channel chi, zandalari can become monks even if they were one of the reasons monks were created (to fight them back).

Just because current demon hunters always use fel does not mean void-based demons could not be used for the same purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    I mean, he isn't wrong, BUT, it's very much the Diablo set of vengeance motivations they run on. Like their family/loved ones were obliterated by demons and their ilk, at (probably) a young age, where they weren't quite set on a path, so decided to just stick it to the Demon Man because what did they have left to lose anyway.

Doesn't warrant any race becoming DH's, quite the opposite if you ask me, since no other races have the same backstory that night and blood elves have.
    What people seem to forget is that demon hunters were created way before Legion. And it would be needed for someone to train other races.

So you see where the problem lays.

It's just not fitting for the lore.

And i'm afraid the lore stops making sense nowadays, sense the lore is something i love.

Calling them demons is a misnomer me thinks, since void and fel can barely coexist when it's only the two (Xhul'horac), and he's classed as Void revenant aberration base, not demon. Either way, this ain't gonna work for a demon hunter as they are. A re-skin? Sure, why not, since I am tooting that horn. However, a new class would fit void elves sooner than vanilla demon hunter.
    blizzard can always reton lore to fit gameplay and new race class combos. It happened a lot in the past

Voidwalkers are demons. Therefore void-based demons exist.

What people seem to forget is that demon hunters were created way before Legion. And it would be needed for someone to train other races.

So you see where the problem lays.

It's just not fitting for the lore.

And i'm afraid the lore stops making sense nowadays, sense the lore is something i love.
    I largely agree with you. That the current demon hunters were created a long time ago is just one issue though. xD

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    blizzard can always reton lore to fit gameplay and new race class combos. It happened a lot in the past
    And it's retarded most of the time they retcon something.

Look if you all want to have other races and force it, go ahead, but don't ask me to stop believing it doesn't make sense. Because finding a breach to make more demon hunters playable on other races it's just not a thing i would agree with.

In vanilla wow, blizzard didnt have a clear idea what the definition of demons and the void was. When the ideas were developed in future xpacs, voidwalkers already existed, so they just cant be simply removed

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Voidwalker

"Although they aren't demons,[7] they are sometimes referred to as such[8] and classified for gameplay reasons."
    They aren't demons. That they accept contracts isn't exclusively a demon thing.

I largely agree with you. That the current demon hunters were created a long time ago is just one issue though. xD

But it happens in almost every new xpac

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    But it happens in almost every new xpac
    Did I say I liked it?

Not everything they do and people whine retcon over isn't a retcon, it's expansion, while other things are retcons. It's a hornet's nest. I work with what I get, but doesn't mean I want it to get worse, get me?

Indeed, but where is Lord Illidan to do this? Would even the Belf/Nelf accept this themselves? Themselves had so many questions after the transformation.

And since we are not even in Legion anymore, and in Legion when it was need we didn't do that regardless? Unless we have ANOTHER legion invasion and Illidan decides it's time to try other races to expand their ranks.

- - - Updated - - -

You really just don't fart the blood of the demons and turn into a demon hunter. It's a long, hard, painful process, and there was even elves that died on the process. If you do this on a void elf already tainted by void, i'm guessing they would just really be drained and die...

Indeed, but where is Lord Illidan to do this? Would even the Belf/Nelf accept this themselves? Themselves had so many questions after the transformation.

And since we are not even in Legion anymore, and in Legion when it was need we didn't do that regardless? Unless we have ANOTHER legion invasion and Illidan decides it's time to try other races to expand their ranks.
    I mentioned this in an earlier post. There's no immediate need to create and train more demon hunters. It'll no doubt happen, but the Legion threat is largely over. Still, IF they need more, they will likely seek members among the established races, because the procedure is known to work on them with an acceptable failure rate.
    Last edited by Halyon; 2020-01-03 at 07:04 PM.

I mentioned this in an earlier post. There's no immediate need to create and train more demon hunters. It'll no doubt happen, but the Legion threat is largely over. Still, IF they need more, they will likely seek members among the established races, because the procedures is known to work on them with an acceptable failure rate.
    I feel useless as a demon hunter in BfA, as i felt when i was doing the Tillers rep taking care of the garden of the pandarens...
    We are surrounded by everything that is not fel anymore this expansion. So i don't see why people would argue about more races, when the already existent ones already have nothing to do related to demons, faster they have with the void.

But to be a demon hunter, you need to use fel, not just void, unless they would change all the demon hunters abilities to void instead if they created void demon hunters with blood of demons of void.

Which would be kind of weird. And well, not really too much iconic for what a demon hunter is, and the creator of them.

What would make the most sense to me was if, in their new customizations, they made fel orcs and broken draenei which would be able to be demon hunters, per them being races in Illidan's arsenal at one point at least. If naga ever became playable, they could become demon hunters as well, as some of them joined Illidan as well.

You do realize that demons are not exclusively fel-based right? Many demons are void-based such as voidwalkers. There's no reason a Void Elf demon hunter could not have eaten the heart of a void-based demon and have any typically fel-themed powers use that blue-black void color instead (like the heritage wings). Same class, same abilities, same looks, same origin, with the only difference being blue/black fire instead of fel green fire.
    Precisely.

I also don't understand the backlash against thew new DK races, what's the problem? All current races will be in the game by the time Shadowlands arrives, and at that time, will be when Bolvar will be raising new DKs to serve as his military for the Shadowlands campaign. Calling them a WoW's Night's Watch is fine by me, that's a reasonable direction to take a story where TWO major military forces in the world are classes who were originally created by/for a specific enemy who is now no longer a threat (The Lich King and then the Legion).

There's new stuff happening, and the strongest necromancer in the world wants an army, why wouldn't he raise new DKs? Makes perfect sense.

Furthermore, the DH races thing is kind of silly. ANY race COULD become a DH by virtue of absorbing Fel energy, and thereby transforming their bodies into weapons, with the possible caveat of Void Elves, but the fact that Void and Fel have been shown to be explosive when combined isn't really a factor in this discussion because DHs ALREADY use Void magic in several of their spells and abilities. I would go so far as to say when you see a DH do anything with a purple glow, they're manipulating VOID energy. Xul'Horac only has the explody stuff going on because he's practically an elemental what with the bindings and the body plan, his description says he's a Void REVENANT, a kind of powerful elemental we encountered first in WotLK. Also Gul Dan had been feeding him tremendous amounts of Fel Energy, the inherent combination of which should have destroyed him, if Void Elves can't be DHs as this thread would suggest.

Instead, it's that an elemental being is manipulating very purified forms of both cosmic energy types, and that combination is very unstable. I have no doubt that if you filled a room with fire, and then started pumping the room full of raw Arcane Magic on top of it, the results would be catastrophic, but nobody would run around saying that Nightborne can't roll Fire Mage, or that Dark Irons can't cast Arcane spells.

Void Elves are 'touched' by the Void, they aren't MADE of it. It even sounds great, because the 'pain' of Fel energy burning inside a Void Elf's soul might quiet the whispers of the Void, or else the Void energy could be channeled to help remove Fel corruption by combusting the combination. It even sounds like Void Elves would be BETTER DHs because of their Void connection, it's like they and they alone would have a way of 'curing' themselves of the Fel taint other DHs feel ostracized about.

Void Elves, but not Nightborne, and Orcs are the two that fit. Void Elf DHs are just Blood Elf DHs who later fell in with Alleria's crowd, as DHs were already working alongside Alleria as of the events of the Legion story patches that saw Void Elves even become a thing.

As far as Draenei, I'd like to see Eredar racial customizations added to them in general, as if the Alliance had taken them prisoner after retaking Argus, and they had worked their way back into society, adding Warlocks to the Draenei class list along with DHs.

Similarly, Mag'har Orcs can be brought in as a component of their "Tyranny of the Light" backstory, Yrel's Crusade is pretty evil, and the Maghar that remain on Draenor, or even the Black/Green fel orcs we saw in WoD were also imprisoned by the Horde, and allowed to roam free once their ability to combat the Light was made apparent, giving Maghar access to Warlocks and DHs.

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    zandalari would be another possible option since they have a similar class in their culture
    Oh yeah, Demoniac.

Sounds good.

Zandalari, Void Elves, Nightborne, Draenei and Orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by PalliesThrowStuff View Post
    SNIP
    Furthermore, the DH races thing is kind of silly. ANY race COULD become a DH by virtue of absorbing Fel energy, and thereby transforming their bodies into weapons, with the possible caveat of Void Elves, but the fact that Void and Fel have been shown to be explosive when combined isn't really a factor in this discussion because DHs ALREADY use Void magic in several of their spells and abilities. I would go so far as to say when you see a DH do anything with a purple glow, they're manipulating VOID energy. Xul'Horac only has the explody stuff going on because he's practically an elemental what with the bindings and the body plan, his description says he's a Void REVENANT, a kind of powerful elemental we encountered first in WotLK. Also Gul Dan had been feeding him tremendous amounts of Fel Energy, the inherent combination of which should have destroyed him, if Void Elves can't be DHs as this thread would suggest.

Instead, it's that an elemental being is manipulating very purified forms of both cosmic energy types, and that combination is very unstable. I have no doubt that if you filled a room with fire, and then started pumping the room full of raw Arcane Magic on top of it, the results would be catastrophic, but nobody would run around saying that Nightborne can't roll Fire Mage, or that Dark Irons can't cast Arcane spells. - SNIP
    What i think is that instead of givin us void elves, high elves should have been here since the start.
    High elves have been always more empathized by everyone to be a playable race. And therefore all this conversations about the void and fel wouldn't even exist.
    I don't know if you actually believe in what you say or if you're just trying to make sense out of it, but the truth is that demon hunters already have a difficulty in maintaining the demon inside them, a foreign void energy would just 1.result in death 2.transform them into monsters that can't be controlled or even less, playable.

Lets infuse elves with everything they are the best. Wuhooo! Let's shove up their asses everything, everything on them to the point they can't even be normal or act normal...

Or this game really just can't make sense at all and we all here discussing this for nothing and everything is possible even when exists lore but the lore means nothing.
    lol if that's the case, just make all classes playable in all races

They can do the same thing they are doing with death knights and give new demon hunters (void elves and nightborne) with a slightly altered story.

I've been pushing for this since the races first came out. We need more demon hunter options... badly. Especially since if you want to play every class, and a unique race for every class, you literally must have night elves or blood elves as a demon hunter, and that's pretty disappointing.