Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    They can do the same thing they are doing with death knights and give new demon hunters (void elves and nightborne) with a slightly altered story.

I've been pushing for this since the races first came out. We need more demon hunter options... badly. Especially since if you want to play every class, and a unique race for every class, you literally must have night elves or blood elves as a demon hunter, and that's pretty disappointing.
    May be disappointing for some, but it's also unique. And reminds me kind of a bit when paladins couldn't be on horde and shamans couldn't be on alliance.

Now, i just think with all this i just feel like not defending the uniqueness of the demon hunter.

I find funny cause some want demon hunters to cease to exist, while others want to expand their existence on other races.

It's confusing at least.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2020-01-03 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    May be disappointing for some, but it's also unique. And reminds me kind of a bit when paladins couldn't be on horde and shamans couldn't be on alliance.

Now, i just think with all this i just feel like not defending the uniqueness of the demon hunter.

I find funny cause some want demon hunters to ease to exist, while others want to expand their existence on other races.

It's confusing at least.
    I don't want demon hunters to cease to exist, but I do feel like their presence is wasted right now. They feel like they only existed for one expansion and they are just kind of... here, for the rest of them. Death knights had the same problem but they had some content in Cataclysm showing where they grew to after the WotLK. Demon Hunters have just had some rare mobs (a rare mob?) with that guy that hangs out with Tehd Shoemaker or whatever. Not exactly building their lore up.

All I know is that demon hunters need some new lore showing where they are going and what their current (new) goals are, even if that's just to hunt down the remaining demons or protect Azeroth in some other way. Them recruiting more members for their order would be a big step in the right direction, IMHO.

They can do the same thing they are doing with death knights and give new demon hunters (void elves and nightborne) with a slightly altered story.

I've been pushing for this since the races first came out. We need more demon hunter options... badly. Especially since if you want to play every class, and a unique race for every class, you literally must have night elves or blood elves as a demon hunter, and that's pretty disappointing.
    Frankly I could see Blizzard adding more DHs if not for the fact that they require a lot more work than DKs do.

DKs is just adapting the eyeglow for a new race, maybe putting the skins through a filter and that's more or less it.

DHs have blindfold options, tattoo options, horn options, actually different skins-- some with more muscle definition, some with scales.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    obv pandaren, they can control the hate and anger and tauren, speaking of felhoof

I don't want demon hunters to cease to exist, but I do feel like their presence is wasted right now. They feel like they only existed for one expansion and they are just kind of... here, for the rest of them. Death knights had the same problem but they had some content in Cataclysm showing where they grew to after the WotLK. Demon Hunters have just had some rare mobs (a rare mob?) with that guy that hangs out with Tehd Shoemaker or whatever. Not exactly building their lore up.

All I know is that demon hunters need some new lore showing where they are going and what their current (new) goals are, even if that's just to hunt down the remaining demons or protect Azeroth in some other way. Them recruiting more members for their order would be a big step in the right direction, IMHO.
    Well i love legion xpac, and i love all this theme, but lately we barely have anything related to it. So i can only see someone starting a new "breed of void demon hunters" but how would that work out? I really am curious to know how people would make it if they were the ones making new lore and all that. Actually part of my little tiny salt about the topic that can exist is due to people always having ideas but not knowing how they would exactly do it.

I'm not "salty" i'm actually a very respectful person, i respect others views and opinions, but when it comes to saying that blizzard could have done better, still not totally saying how that would work out, and for us that like our elves fel demon hunters, to turn our whole ability kit into void too?

I mean we need something that gives demon hunters some importance.

I agree with the dk thing. But even then, didn't come until now. Cause everything didn't suit it for it to happen. Now the theme is death and there you go.

Nightborne have a few problems to be anything that they aren't right now. Like druids, and demon hunters, cause they were cut from outside world for 10k years so hard to say, they would need basically so much training for everything else... They should just keep them the classes they have atm. (Even tho they are turning into dks next patch)
    If a troll can learn to be a druid in one patch cycle, why couldn't a nightborne?

Race-restricted classes don't really make sense lorewise at this point. Lack of art assets is understandable as a development limitation, but nothing in lore is stopping them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen of Lordaeron View Post
    If a troll can learn to be a druid in one patch cycle, why couldn't a nightborne?

Race-restricted classes don't really make sense lorewise at this point. Lack of art assets is understandable as a development limitation, but nothing in lore is stopping them.
    I actually have defended that nightborne could be druids but everyone backlashed me there. lol

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Draenei/Orcs and Void Elves/Nightborne have always been the most obvious and requested race combos for Demonhunters.

Eredar and Fel Orcs don't make much sense lorewise, because they aren't containing demons inside, they have become demons themselves.
    Yeah but that’s just a flavour difference; from the perspective of lore/story, powers and abilities wouldn’t be much different. And game mechanics would thus be identical.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Making man'ari options for demon hunters would so god damned stupid. "Fel draenei" aren't draenei or even Eredar anymore. They've become demons. Demons can't become demon hunters.
    I mean... the Elf demon hunters we have now have basically been transformed into demons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Fair enough, that should be a raid boss then.

"Fawraell tried... he was a Void Elf who attempted the Void Elf ritual. His mind couldn't take it. Now he's at the point of void implosion with a 12 yard radius fel explosion on a 12 minute enrage timer. You have to defeat him within that time while avoiding void portals with tentacles sucking raiders in and his immolation aura and eye beam tanks have to swap places. Defeat the monstrosity he has become... and loot his pants."
    Sarcasm aside, this sounds like a mix of Leotheras the Blind from SSC and Xhul’horac from HFC.

I’d fight it.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

I actually have defended that nightborne could be druids but everyone backlashed me there. lol
    Generally speaking, race limitations on classes don't make sense lorewise barring physiological limitations.

Alliance & Horde are multicultural to the point where it isn't a stretch for any race to become interested in something they haven't traditionally learned and there's no shortage of teachers.

"We don't have the resources to make a custom demon Hunter kit for every class" or "the demon Hunter rituals don't react the same in other races" are valid reasons.

"Nightborne haven't been druids for 10k years" is less persuasive when you consider how quickly the Darkspear picked up druidism, Tauren picked up being paladins, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Yeah but that’s just a flavour difference; from the perspective of lore/story, powers and abilities wouldn’t be much different. And game mechanics would thus be identical.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean... the Elf demon hunters we have now have basically been transformed into demons.

- - - Updated - - -

Sarcasm aside, this sounds like a mix of Leotheras the Blind from SSC and Xhul’horac from HFC.

I’d fight it.
    LOL kyphael has the best imagination.
    I dig that.

Making man'ari options for demon hunters would so god damned stupid. "Fel draenei" aren't draenei or even Eredar anymore. They've become demons. Demons can't become demon hunters.
    At least the PC demon hunter, Varedis, and Illidan became full demons, with souls bound to the twisting nether. Demons can be demon hunters.

I feel useless as a demon hunter in BfA, as i felt when i was doing the Tillers rep taking care of the garden of the pandarens...
    We are surrounded by everything that is not fel anymore this expansion. So i don't see why people would argue about more races, when the already existent ones already have nothing to do related to demons, faster they have with the void.

But to be a demon hunter, you need to use fel, not just void, unless they would change all the demon hunters abilities to void instead if they created void demon hunters with blood of demons of void.

Which would be kind of weird. And well, not really too much iconic for what a demon hunter is, and the creator of them.
    For a class re-skin 'DH' for void elves, I absolutely think all of the abilties should be re-worded to be void. It's easy enough to BS 'chaos damage' into being something void based.

That said, having played for a while again, and I will at least level a vulpera for heritage, and try Shadowlands, I am considering switching to FFXIV full-time. They're rather similar in concepts, so it's difficult af for me to just make a clean switch. But that's a tangent, sorry. xD

Either way, aping vanilla classes to be more or less the same with a different method to allow everyone to essentially be everything would be the way forward Imo. But it would also require a lot of race-specific quest stuff, which would throw a huge spanner in Legion.

Generally speaking, race limitations on classes don't make sense lorewise barring physiological limitations.

Alliance & Horde are multicultural to the point where it isn't a stretch for any race to become interested in something they haven't traditionally learned and there's no shortage of teachers.

"We don't have the resources to make a custom demon Hunter kit for every class" or "the demon Hunter rituals don't react the same in other races" are valid reasons.

"Nightborne haven't been druids for 10k years" is less persuasive when you consider how quickly the Darkspear picked up druidism, Tauren picked up being paladins, etc.
    Ye exactly. Nightborne not being druids because of the lore... Then other races that become druids too out of the blue... Worgens had harvesters not really the same as being a druid, and they were teached by night elves.
    I can't see why a nightborne can't be teached either, by taurens, trolls, whatever.
    The arcane argument seems pretty weak to me also. All in all, i will keep in my mind agreeing they could be druids, but you know... Not useful bringing that to the forums. I think there's not much variety of druids too. And i would like a nightborne druid.

As for demon hunters, it's more debatable imo. It's a ritual you need to be whiling to sacrifice yourself and your body needs to really be strong enough for it.
    Learning magics and all that, i think it's less painful. Shapeshifting requires a lot too (druids). But i think that dealing with rituals and demon blood in your veins is really not the same, and it's other level of mutation.

At least the PC demon hunter, Varedis, and Illidan became full demons, with souls bound to the twisting nether. Demons can be demon hunters.
    They stopped being a demon hunter as soon as they became full blown demons. Also, I can't find anything saying that Illidan is bound to the Twisting Nether.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    For a class re-skin 'DH' for void elves, I absolutely think all of the abilties should be re-worded to be void. It's easy enough to BS 'chaos damage' into being something void based.

That said, having played for a while again, and I will at least level a vulpera for heritage, and try Shadowlands, I am considering switching to FFXIV full-time. They're rather similar in concepts, so it's difficult af for me to just make a clean switch. But that's a tangent, sorry. xD

Either way, aping vanilla classes to be more or less the same with a different method to allow everyone to essentially be everything would be the way forward Imo. But it would also require a lot of race-specific quest stuff, which would throw a huge spanner in Legion.
    Well i think that's where glyphs could take a part on.

Just like warlocks have a item to turn all their abilities fel, void elves could turn all their abilities void. Doesn't necessarily needs to make sense, i guess. lol i'm trying to think outside of the box, and let go the "making sense". This is what i came up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Demonhunters can't be demons.
    Demonhunters use demon powers to hunt demons, but they aren't demons themselves.
    We see in many quest chains in Legion demonhunters that cannot successfully contain the demon / demon powers trapped inside them and succumb to the demonic powers, turning themselves into demons and aren't able to be saved anymore.

They stopped being a demon hunter as soon as they became full blown demons. Also, I can't find anything saying that Illidan is bound to the Twisting Nether.
    Indeed, they have also the tattoos to help them deal with the demon within. Also that's why the tattoos exist.
    They are not literally demons, they are almost demons, but they fight it. That's why i'm saying it's already a hard process for demon hunters and void voices would be even worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Demonhunters can't be demons.
    Demonhunters use demon powers to hunt demons, but they aren't demons themselves.
    We see in many quest chains in Legion demonhunters that cannot successfully contain the demon / demon powers trapped inside them and succumb to the demonic powers, turning themselves into demons and aren't able to be saved anymore.
    Yep. Exactly. People think demon hunters is easy to make. LOL if a void elf goes wrong with the demon or the fel or both, then there would be no demon hunter, they with 2 voices trying to reach their mind, would make them probably dead as they would succumb to demon side or even turn into just some aberration. I just really can't see it happening xD

If they ever add in broken as a playable race, I think they’d be a great addition to demon hunters.
    I’d also vote for orcs as well; letting the players get a flavor of fel orc (back spiked and such) without having to explain why they were permitted to join the horde as a race.
    And! For bonus points - both of these races were aligned with Illidan during the events of Burning Crusade and thus lore conceivable.

I do not want more elf demon hunters.
    Last edited by Villager720; 2020-01-03 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Being part of his forces doesn't mean they'll become demon hunters.
    That's why I said it would be a lore stretch.
    Whatever...

Blademaster
    5+ Year Old Account
    +1 for Eredar Demon Hunters.

While we're at it, Eradar Allied race please.