Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Swedish. I mean, what else would I feel like? I'm half-finnish but know basically no finnish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Canadian. I was born in a small town, but I live in Calgary now and consider myself Calgarian.

I have been to 14 other countries and the only other ones I would really consider living in are South Korea and Taiwan.

I may have been born on earth but i feel like im a martian. But i don't know any of the martian nations so i'll just call myself a Xerfian.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

7+ Year Old Account
    In the US - American
    Outside the US - Anything but American if I can get away with it considering our current political situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    American.

If I lived where I got my genes from for 3 decades, maybe I'd consider myself that instead.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Technically american, I haven't really left my state except a handful of trips. Mentally, some days I wonder if I'm an alien, because this world is a loony bin.
    I lived all over the US before I moved out (dad was in the army). Since I moved out I've only lived in Ohio, and North Carolina (briefly due to my roommate moving, I GTFO as soon as I could). I often wonder if I'm an alien too, because I do not like this country, and given the chance I would definitely ditch it for Canada or New Zealand if the opportunity presented itself.

aussie

/yay

I could walk around considering myself of Martian nationality.

Wouldn't change dick, I'd still be Swedish. Also considering the fact that my mother's side are literal Natives...

Viking, Scandinavian but mostly swedish
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    sin'doreri. BLOOD ELF POWER! death to the wind chime worshippers! @Aedrielle
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2020-01-03 at 03:56 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    Wtf? xD

You have nationality where you are citizen. This is not something you consider yourself to be. xD
    Well, I am French and Greek by birth, and also British citizen.
    I consider myself French
    See! It can happen
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    sin'doreri. BLOOD ELF POWER! death to the wind chime worshippers! @Aedrielle
    Power? What power? Sargeras didn't come to the blood elves with any offers, because they are too weak and pitiful to be worthy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedrielle View Post
    Power? What power? Sargeras didn't come to the blood elves with any offers, because they are too weak and pitiful to be worthy
    we are so powerful that we don't need his help. i could defeat him with one hand tied behind my back. of which that hand would be strangling a draenei.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a natural born US citizen of Polish, German, Swiss, Irish, and Scottish decent, so I dont have a nationality. I am, however, a very devout Statist.

If I am inside the US, I say I am a Washingtonian, outside of the US I say I am an American.

10+ Year Old Account
    I consider myself an asshole american.
    When asked, I'm from outside Buffalo, NY but lived all over the East coast growing up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Honest question; why embellish or qualify your national identity?

I'm asking since it seems to be a common occurrence on these forums. Some posters put in *a lot* of effort and constant reminders about their "unique" national status.

• Is it rooted in being unhappy with your current national status?
    • It is an attempt to gather more attention and not sound like a conventional gamer?
    • It is just part of the acquired gamer habit of embellishing the back story of your avatar? A way to to continue these power fantasies into the forums and otherwise alleviate boredom?
    • Other?
    Where are you or your family from?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    I got dual nationality. Saudi & US citizen. I would die defending both. I dunno who I would stand for If both went to war against each other
    Hopefully not the one chopping up journalists with ties to 15 of those involved in 9/11?

Anyway I am British and American. Things get more interesting when it comes to culture more than nationality. Since you’d hear British American and wouldn’t think West Indian mixed Latino. Which had a major impact on my upbringing more than nationality.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Swedish, skåning

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Player Eleven View Post
    Hate that accent.
    Hehe, its quite special

Even better when people cant stand it

10+ Year Old Account
    This is actually a complicated and tense topic in my country.

I'm a South African, which is what I consider myself as. I am leaning more and more to my cultural identity though, as the government makes a point of blaming all its failures on our people (not just the previous government, but all of the people, regardless of whether they were involved with the running of the country or a mere citizen or whether you were even born back then) and regularly implying we are unwelcome. There are radical and extremist members of the ruling party and certain other parties in parliament that actually encourage violence and murder against our people and they seldom receive any punishment for it. The situation has become quite strenuous and political relations in the foreseeable future are likely going to devolve even further, considering their racially charged rhetoric and proposed legislation.

For their part, right-wing groups aren't doing much to alleviate the situation. They make a habit of exaggerating the current extent of the problem and there are lots of cases of false news in the media. Their claims often appear plausible, but a little investigation proves many of them incorrect. Calls for the creation of a culturally unique Afrikaner "homeland" within South African borders are not uncommon on social media. Many of these groups use racially charged language mirroring that of the government.

I don't really want to relate to either of these factions, but I fear those spreading hate are winning and the dreams of the "Rainbow Nation" are fading into a wasteland of hatred and despair. These aggressive elements are increasingly common not only on social media, but on the television, printed media and on the radio, and those in charge appear to be either deliberately encouraging racial division or to ignore the issue to the extent they might as well be complicit. I try to treat everyone with respect and judge them by their own individual character rather than on superficial differences between us and up to now my own experiences with other regular citizens have always been pleasant, but the direction things appear to be headed often leaves me quite despondent and wondering if emigration would not be the better option.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    there's something about this post that i can't quite put my finger on that seems suspicious....
    And "he that shall not me named" was influenced by the eugenics that the 'mericans' were doing at the time. "he" got a lot of ideas/help from merica. Ford, IBM, etc...