Poll: Would you enlist to fight in WWIII

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    I thin that'd be the case for most people in 1st world countries.
    Probably.

I remember that there was a British Cold War government plan for what to do after a nuclear exchange. It was basically just "hand out some stockpiled food, water and medicine then proceed to watch social order collapse as about 80% of the population dies of a combination of starvation and illness within weeks". They didn't even think it will be the nukes that kill people. That was like from the 60's and 70's.

Today it would literally be off the charts faster and worse.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_U...om_fuel_crisis This was literally caused by one dumbass government minister making a dumbass recommendation based on a threat for a strike that never actually happened.

Now imagine actually not having power, fuel, communications, medicine, drinking water being scarce. And now imagine trying to organize a draft while that is happening.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2020-01-03 at 11:14 PM.

Being diseased and having poor eye sight would probably mean I couldn't anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    If their drafting the military would already have lost control of the situation and yust need warm bodies to buy time.
    No i'd rather not become yust a statistic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bungeebungee, formerly SGT bungeebungee -- honorable discharge from US Army active duty, VA disability, and a couple of years past the cut off for the draft. I volunteered to go back as an analyst after the WTC was hit, but the light colonel I was working with couldn't get the waivers.

Would I volunteer for something similar in the event of WWIII? It would depend on why we were fighting it.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    Bungeebungee, formerly SGT bungeebungee -- honorable discharge from US Army active duty, VA disability, and a couple of years past the cut off for the draft. I volunteered to go back as an analyst after the WTC was hit, but the light colonel I was working with couldn't get the waivers.

Would I volunteer for something similar in the event of WWIII? It would depend on why we were fighting it.
    Thank you for your service.

And on topic, I am too old to be drafted and things would have to be more drastic than WW2 was for them to start taking volunteers as old as I am. But I would love to get in the driver's seat of a M1Abrams.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    @Ghostpanther De nada. Thanks to you as well!
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

i believe that you can't be over 35 or 45..?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Have Trump Jr. enlist and on the front lines and I may consider it.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Have Trump Jr. enlist and on the front lines and I may consider it.
    According to breaking news reports both Don Jr. and Eric have been diagnosed with bone spurs.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb
    i believe that you can't be over 35 or 45..?
    Thanks, but check the picture thread. I'm weeks away from turning 60 (and the beard has finally started to grow back decently since that picture).

Are you serious? Obviously not. There is no way I'll give my so rare life on this earth for some fat rich dudes that sit behind a desk giving orders. I won't fight their wars in order to make them even more rich, no thanks. Send them to the front lines instead to witness the horrors they want to create.

If the western world and our way of life would be under attack then yes I would fight in WW3.

I would question many of those who enlist at all with our current commander in chief. Never mind the WWIII stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    Ok...what about if WW3 started in 3 years after Trump?
    That would depend, because in the past I would never imagine I would feel this way about this country and it's leaders, however if the cause was just, and the leadership while I might disagree with, were thoughtful and wise in their applications that war was the last resort meaning in immediate defense of our nation or allies then, Yes, I would.

However if it's the same band of morons associated with this bullshit and the "Hey let see what happens when we do this" uh NO!
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    Thanks, but check the picture thread. I'm weeks away from turning 60 (and the beard has finally started to grow back decently since that picture).
    i would've never guessed. you dont act your age at least hahaha. keep it that way
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

It depends. If you know you’re going to be drafted you’re probably better off just enlisting so you can maybe avoid the frontlines on the ground by joining the Air Force or Navy.

As someone in the age range of the draft this has actually been something that I'm surprisingly indecisive about.

10+ Year Old Account
    The leaders in my country are inept and corrupt. They don't inspire confidence or even attempt to appear trustworthy. They appear both incapable and unwilling to make positive contributions to building our country and to improve the lives of our citizens. There's no way they could organise an effective military campaign or protect the interest of their citizens. In a global conflict, they're even likely to side with those threatening improvements to our ways of life.

In the event of only an invasion, I wouldn't be inspired to defend the rulers either. On the contrary, the only ones incapable of doing a better job at running the country aren't able to invade either.
    Considering the current state of affairs: Invaders welcome.

7+ Year Old Account
    WW3 would be over to fast. Now about WW4 possibly since Einstein even says:
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
    Which means everyone could be involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb
    you dont act your age at least
    Thanks. Occupational hazard. In any given year I spend most of my time trying to keep up with a couple hundred students usually 17-25 and about 75 around 14-17. Old friends can be up to 35 or so.