Page 27 of 124 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    How many of you have actually spent time in the Middle East. Well except for the ones killing Muslims in the middle east of course. The BS that goes on this website regarding an area that you all don't understand is astonishing.

The US effective declared war on Iran, first it killed Iraqis in air strikes, and Iraqis responded by attacking the US embassy. In response the US kills an Irani General. Imagine what the feeling in the US would be if a US general was killed by Iran.

The US is starting world war 3 just to fuck over people and save that racist Trumps ass.

Seriously how many of you buy into your crazy propaganda machine. You all would make Gobbels very proud.
    You can't fix stupid. But damn it you can troll it!

Apperantly the US has done a third airstrike saturday morning (local time)

Quote Originally Posted by Hif View Post
    How many of you have actually spent time in the Middle East. Well except for the ones killing Muslims in the middle east of course. The BS that goes on this website regarding an area that you all don't understand is astonishing.

The US effective declared war on Iran, first it killed Iraqis in air strikes, and Iraqis responded by attacking the US embassy. In response the US kills an Irani General. Imagine what the feeling in the US would be if a US general was killed by Iran.

The US is starting world war 3 just to fuck over people and save that racist Trumps ass.

Seriously how many of you buy into your crazy propaganda machine. You all would make Gobbels very proud.
    It won't be WW3. It'd be like Vietnam, but much, much bloodier.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    It won't be WW3. It'd be like Vietnam, but much, much bloodier.
    Its just fucked up. Syria is burning. Lebanon is on the verge of a revolution. Yemen is fucked up. Jordan is having issues with their palestinian population and are feuding with Israel. Iraq is a cluster fuck and the US goes hey lets pour some damn gasoline on this dumpster fire. It couldn't get any worse.

Why in the hell is the US willing to kill so many people for no reason.
    You can't fix stupid. But damn it you can troll it!

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Actually, the rest of us were already having the adult conversation. Then you jumped in with your misrepresentation of the truth. Was that a brain fart? You misrepresented what happened. When you're ready to tell the truth, that's when the adult conversation can start.

Iran ordered an attack on a U.S. Embassy. Wasn't "throwing rocks" as you tried to claim. If you want to talk about the events, that's fine, but don't misconstrue events and then pretend you are taking some high road.

Thought so (am I still doing that right? )
    Umm, circle jerking each other is indeed an "adult conversation". I'll leave you to your echo chamber where a rag tag bunch of very much non nation state protesters committed an act of war. (Am i doing your adult emjois right?)

I also never claimed they were "throwing rocks", I said if I did it would that be considered an act of war? Reading comprehension (something adults have...)

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    those must have been some hard core rocks...
    https://www.usatoday.com/picture-gal...ck/2793991001/
    This is what I'm talking about when it comes to serious conversations. If people like @Deja Thoris can't be bothered to tell the truth, then we can't really have serious policy discussion with them. I mean, he label that with:
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    So if I went and attacked the embassy in London by hurling some bricks at it the UK would be committing an act of war on the USA?
    The issue isn't even the damage level, although it is considerable. The issue is that Iran, a sovereign nation, attacked our embassy. That kind of thing can't go unpunished.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    The US just did another airstrike on Iranian troops in Iraq.
    It's a bit contradictory when you say you don't want a war and then launch another attack

This is what I'm talking about when it comes to serious conversations. If people like @Deja Thoris can't be bothered to tell the truth, then we can't really have serious policy discussion with them. I mean, he label that with:

The issue isn't even the damage level, although it is considerable. The issue is that Iran, a sovereign nation, attacked our embassy. That kind of thing can't go unpunished.
    It shouldn't go unpunished, but this isn't the punishment that should have happened. We had 2 administrations who had the chance to kill Sulemain. They chose not to because they knew the risks. Trump just does whatever cause he's an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    It's a bit contradictory when you say you don't want a war and then launch another attack
    Because there is no strategy. Trump is reactive, not proactive, and doesn't have the mental capability or patience to participate in broader planning sessions for something like a strategy in the Middle East.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Umm, circle jerking each other is indeed an "adult conversation". I'll leave you to your echo chamber where a rag tag bunch of very much non nation state protesters committed an act of war. (Am i doing your adult emjois right?)
    You can circle jerk all you want. The rest of us are trying to discuss foreign policy while you sit and stew in your misunderstanding of even basic facts of the events.

I also never claimed they were "throwing rocks", I said if I did it would that be considered an act of war? Reading comprehension (something adults have...)
    And this is where people like you break down. Back peddling on petty issues, while you try to duck and dodge the misrepresentations you needed to even attempt your feeble point. If you can't even be bothered to recall what you said, how can any of us take you seriously.

The question at hand is: Iran attacked our Embassy. Burned part of the compound. How would you suggest we respond?

Quote Originally Posted by Hif View Post
    Its just fucked up. Syria is burning. Lebanon is on the verge of a revolution. Yemen is fucked up. Jordan is having issues with their palestinian population and are feuding with Israel. Iraq is a cluster fuck and the US goes hey lets pour some damn gasoline on this dumpster fire. It couldn't get any worse.

Why in the hell is the US willing to kill so many people for no reason.
    Killing a bunch of people is like the only thing both parties in the US can still agree on.

But hey, they're terrorists so it doesn't matter. Please ignore the ~200k dead Iraqi civilians, the US totally isn't engaging in terrorism.

- - - Updated - - -

The question at hand is: Iran attacked our Embassy. Burned part of the compound. How would you suggest we respond?
    Iran did not. Iraqis attacked the US Embassy and damaged the building(no casualties) because the US was bombing Iraqis.

Once again, I didn't say thats what they did, I said "If I did...", wow, reading comprehension.

Ok, If I went there and burned some shit, chanted some Death to America slogans and smashed some doors down....act of war?

Didn't think so. Great conversation.

Tell me again how non nation state actors can perpetrate acts of war?

Serious policy discussion from you? Don't make me laugh. Skroe can hold serious policy discussions because he understands whats happening there, who the actors are and what the implications and nuances are. I'm not confident you could point out most of the countries involved on a map.

And lol, just saw the post above, you don't even know who did what. "Serious policy discussion" Rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    The US just did another airstrike on Iranian troops in Iraq.
    Just out of curiosity is that bolded part suppose to be normal for over there?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    It shouldn't go unpunished, but this isn't the punishment that should have happened. We had 2 administrations who had the chance to kill Sulemain. They chose not to because they knew the risks. Trump just does whatever cause he's an idiot.
    I think that's the biggest criticism of the assassination. And I'm itching to agree because it's Trump. But as a policy, it has sound roots. And in some arenas is considered long overdue.

Just out of curiosity is that bolded part suppose to be normal for over there?
    They were Iranian backed Iraqi militia members. Unless there was another strike that I haven't seen news about.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    They were Iranian backed Iraqi militia members. Unless there was another strike that I haven't seen news about.
    so they were still by proxy fighting for Iran?

*seems Iraq should not be too happy about a Iran backed (especially Iran giving their history) militia operation inside their borders.
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2020-01-04 at 01:50 AM. Reason: *added

so they were still by proxy fighting for Iran?
    IIRC yes, it was the same group that was involved in the attack. But this is still fresh, so there's not a ton of info out about it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Because there is no strategy. Trump is reactive, not proactive, and doesn't have the mental capability or patience to participate in broader planning sessions for something like a strategy in the Middle East.
    Does he have any strategy for the ME? because Objectively it's a fucking quagmire, and it seems that he's only pouring fuel for the ongoing fire(s)

- - - Updated - - -

I think that's the biggest criticism of the assassination. And I'm itching to agree because it's Trump. But as a policy, it has sound roots. And in some arenas is considered long overdue.
    My gripe with the assassination is the method used. With that airstrike (done by drones in a public area) how many civilians died?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Does he have any strategy for the ME? because Objectively it's a fucking quagmire, and it seems that he's only pouring fuel for the ongoing fire(s)
    If there is, it's to protect his own self interests - his businesses (Turkey), his re-election (these strikes), and his friends (MBS and co). Not necessarily in that order, but not necessarily not in that order.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Once again, I didn't say thats what they did, I said "If I did...", wow, reading comprehension.
    So you don't understand your own example as it applies to the thread...? Wow, not sure where to start there. Can anyone else help him out here?

Ok, If I went there and burned some shit, chanted some Death to America slogans and smashed some doors down....act of war?
    No. Not you. Are you confused about even the basic facts of this event? Maybe you should tell us what you think happened, and then we can correct any big mistakes you make and work forward from there.

Tell me again how non nation state actors can perpetrate acts of war?

Serious policy discussion from you? Don't make me laugh. Skroe can hold serious policy discussions because he understands whats happening there, who the actors are and what the implications and nuances are. I'm not confident you could point out most of the countries involved on a map.

And lol, just saw the post above, you don't even know who did what. "Serious policy discussion" Rofl.
    Your entire response was just an ad hominem attack. If you're up to speed on the issues, please elaborate. But so far all you've done is mention nation state actors and then more about how you think you were right, while still being so wrong.

We'll keep laughing while you keep treading water. Or have you made even one salient point yet?

Didn't think so. Great conversation (am I doing that right? )