Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    I mean yes the Browns have tons of problems but I'm not sold on that draft, they reached on the QB and could have traded down multiple times in the first round. Mayfield is looking very suspect after just 2 years, the 2nd round draft of a center has already been traded. Ward is looking pretty good with one pro bowl but wasn't in 4 games this year and as a number 4 draft pick it could be argued you'd want more impact. Trading for OBJ was excellent? I'm not sure if we saw the same year from him and the extra drama on top of it.
    Mayfield looked great in 2018. The offense was a disaster in 2019 because Kitchens would scrap the entire gameplan on gameday and run brand new plays, no one was practiced on how to run them and so Mayfield spent most of his time directing traffic and getting people set instead of focusing on the play. That led to mistakes and tons of penalties.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    This Dallas limbo with Garrett might be the weirdest thing since I started following the NFL to occur. His contract is expired, but things are going on as if hes the HC still? Very strange. Maybe Jerry is only gonna replace Garrett if he gets Meyer.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    This Dallas limbo with Garrett might be the weirdest thing since I started following the NFL to occur. His contract is expired, but things are going on as if hes the HC still? Very strange. Maybe Jerry is only gonna replace Garrett if he gets Meyer.
    Technically his contract expires on the 14th, after which he's free to interview for OC jobs elsewhere.

But yeah I said it before Week 17. There's this insane scenario that still exists where Jerry strikes out on Lincoln Riley, Urban Meyer, and Matt Rhule and then re-signs Garret to a 5 year deal.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Technically his contract expires on the 14th, after which he's free to interview for OC jobs elsewhere.

But yeah I said it before Week 17. There's this insane scenario that still exists where Jerry strikes out on Lincoln Riley, Urban Meyer, and Matt Rhule and then re-signs Garret to a 5 year deal.
    If that happens, I'm just gonna go back to my Seattle days and cheer for the Seahawks again. like almost a 10th of their team is former Longhorns anyways.

John Dorsey is not a good GM. His drafts have been, at best, average. Look at the draft from this year:

Greedy
    Takitaki
    Redwine
    Wilson
    Seibert
    Forbes
    Lewis

His best pick this year was a punter, and drafting kickers is dumb as hell. He had a can't miss in Myles Garrett, and Baker has regressed (probably on Freddie), those are maybe his only good picks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Last I saw Garrett is staying with the Cowboys, just not as HC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    If that happens, I'm just gonna go back to my Seattle days and cheer for the Seahawks again. like almost a 10th of their team is former Longhorns anyways.
    Redskins and Cards both have four Gators...

Welp, back to the Chiefs.

Holy shit, Redskins also have nine Alabama players.

Will Giants trade up to get Chase Young? That is the question!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PokeKitty View Post
    Will Giants trade up to get Chase Young? That is the question!
    Not happening. Bengals are going to stay put for the QB, Washington isn't going to trade with a division rival to send the next Bosa-tier pass rusher to them.

Oh look, the Browns are being the Browns. What a surprise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Oh look, the Browns are being the Browns. What a surprise.
    What are they doing this time? I see they're redoing the terrible CLEVELAND pants?

What are they doing this time? I see they're redoing the terrible CLEVELAND pants?
    They picked up the best GM that's ever happened to them, and then drove him out. They allowed him to begin building a fantastic team, and then decided to start over.
    lmfao.
    Unbelievable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    They picked up the best GM that's ever happened to them, and then drove him out. They allowed him to begin building a fantastic team, and then decided to start over.
    lmfao.
    Unbelievable.
    Oh that. Yeah they've done that twice now. Sashi is kicked out right before his draft maneuvering was ready to pay out, Dorsey forced out after he built the team.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh uh.

Bills
    Patriots
    NO
    Seattle
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bills out 7-0 early. This game might end up being better than the late game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was looking at the early days of this thread and saw plenty of
    seething hot taeks.
    and I thought it would be fun to see how some of them turned out, gonna focus on the positive first.

We'll get reviews of pass interference, but refs will still suck and nothing will change. Kickoffs get nerfed more.

The Rams will suck this year.

Cam Newton doesn't play this year.
    Pretty close, refs suck forever, Rams sucked enough not to make the playoffs, and Cam definitely shouldn't have played this year, we never saw the real him during his brief 2 game appearance as an ineffective ghost.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    The AFC East will be better than people expect, with no team going below 5 wins.
    xskarma whiffed pretty hard but this one was technically accurate

- This year will not feature a "worst to first" team. No 4th place team from 2018 will win their division next year. I'm tempted to say no 4th place 2018 team even makes the playoffs this year but I could see Jacksonville doing it if Big Dick Nick returns to BDN form.

- Everyone bets on the Browns making the playoffs. They post a 7-9 season and everyone says "maybe next year."
    No 4th place team made the playoffs, surprisingly little change from 2018 to 2019, a couple teams went 3rd to 1st.

And for the Browns it seems nothing ever changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Le'Veon Bell won't be worth whatever ridiculous amount someone pays for him.
    His contract was less absurd than expected but his play was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    - Eli gets benched for a rookie they draft in a couple months (Haskins, probably) by week 8.

- Lamar lights up the league, Ravens win the North.

- Trubisky flames out.
    Mostly focused on QB predictions and went about 50-50, still got to wait and see on those retirement predictions.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Irony is I was even too generous on the browns. I expected they'd be resoundingly average, post the same record as last year, and everyone says "one more year under Kitchens and maybe they break out."

Instead it all went to hell and they posted 6-10.

You did miss my terrible prediction from Season Start. I said the entire AFC South would be changing Coach or QB. Texans and Jags have both screwed me on that. Titans technically are changing QB since Mariota started this season and Tannehill no doubt starts next season. Colts... they aren't comitted to Brisset so they might change.

10+ Year Old Account
    You did miss my terrible prediction from Season Start. I said the entire AFC South would be changing Coach or QB. Texans and Jags have both screwed me on that. Titans technically are changing QB since Mariota started this season and Tannehill no doubt starts next season. Colts... they aren't comitted to Brisset so they might change.
    I stuck to the good predictions.

- - - Updated - - -

Houston not holding up their end of the bargain for this to be an entertaining game.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    I stuck to the good predictions.

- - - Updated - - -

Houston not holding up their end of the bargain for this to be an entertaining game.
    Typical Houston. This is why I'd predicted BOB is fired. He's the new John Fox. He's good enough to get you to the playoffs but not any further.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus, Houston you guys stink, can you at least be competitive while you suck and die?
    /s