Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    honestly... the worst thing the player character does by now is stick with their faction. Both have done a lot of bullshit or ignored shit to a pointless degree. Like any sane party would take a moment and just back off and stop associating with the factions in general.
    Yup. However, it's WARcraft, so we have to have this asinine "war" until the end of days, because Blizzard doesn't know that there can be other wars with other entities, other than the Horde and Alliance.
    "We learn from history, that we learn nothing from history." - George B. Shaw

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Not sticking to the neutrality that order halls established. I.e. fuck the whole faction thing for the PC post-legion playthrough.
    Right?? Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Xosimos View Post
    Yup. However, it's WARcraft, so we have to have this asinine "war" until the end of days, because Blizzard doesn't know that there can be other wars with other entities, other than the Horde and Alliance.
    I think you've fallen for the same trap in thinking since I wasn't saying anything about the "war" in warcraft.

edit:

Again I was talking about how we're stuck with our factions for no real reason anymore. The story seems to be pushing forward with flimsy "race" relations and using that as reasons for some of the current faces in charge (Voss wasn't Forsaken in Legion or prior.... and Gazlowe wasn't in the Cartel allied with the Horde). We have more than enough free lance entities acting outside the factions typical groupings and siding with whoever they fancy at a given time, and that makes more sense for our heroes. Valeera is a big example that isn't meme material. Baine is a more recent example that is extreme meme material.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2020-01-04 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    continuing the faction war

/thread
    *not ending it by wiping out Horde scum for good
    FTFY
    History teaches us that there won't be any peace while a single Horde mongrel breathes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Well we waddled into Eternal Palace just like Azshara wanted, and freed N'zoth just like she wanted, so I'd say that. And on top of that, we help her escape in N'zoth's raid in spite of everything she has done. Puppets indeed!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, this.
    We did not help her escape, we allow her to be taken against her will by N'zoth. She is in for a very bad time as she meant to betray him and he does not know forgiveness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    We did not help her escape, we allow her to be taken against her will by N'zoth. She is in for a very bad time as she meant to betray him and he does not know forgiveness.
    Not sure whats up with the forum RPing there, but yeah... one of the bosses in Ny'alotha is a faceless one/void thing/whatever that has Azshara prisoner. Defeating that boss sets her free.

The more you know?

And it seem that she was killed several time and brought back to life just for fun by that boss or N'zoth. Once free, she asks us to kill N'zoth as she meant to do before we foiled her plan.

So we did not allow her to escape. As I think she was dead on the floor until N'zoth pop up and grab her.

The war wouldn't even be that bad if Blizzard's writers weren't so god damned lazy with it. BfA's faction war was just a copy/paste of MoP's faction war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    Leaving the pillars of creation in the tomb of sargeras has to be up there.
    We kinda hopped into a portal to space, leaving them there is more a kirin tor fault tbh.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    We kinda hopped into a portal to space, leaving them there is more a kirin tor fault tbh.
    People seem to forget that we're kinda needed for the big boffos, while those artifacts could have easily been handled by grunts at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    The Alliance not genociding the Horde at the end of SoO..
    That would have to be multiple genocides then.

Right?? Ugh.
    Like, why. It's several times we've had to learn that cooporation is the way to go, but nono, let's do more faction war like petulent children fighting over the bouncy castle...again! AND rope the ever-vaunted champion into it, and give them little choice in the matter because they're just railroaded lobotomy-patients anyway.

We not gonna mention how we're constantly at war with some world-ending threat either, constantly having to band together to weed it out? Isn't that enough war?

The resources spent on the world-enders + petty faction war are...astronomical. Like, it needs explenation by now.

That whole sexy dagger business in bfa was pretty facepalmy.

I even got yelled at for it.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    Any other "brilliant" decisions on the part of Azeroth's "champion"?
    Pfft, here you go:

• Everything about the Defias and Stitches questlines (Ally-only).
    • KT's phylactery back in Vanilla.
    • Not keeping a closer eye on Sylvie & co. after all those Elixir of Agony/Pain/Suffering in Vanilla Hillsbrad (for non-Forsaken Horde).
    • Killing (sort of) Illidan in BC instead of the Burning Legion, which was supposed to be our main enemy.
    • Helping Medivh in the Black Morass dungeon, although I'm not too sure whether those dungeons are canon or not (Ally only lorewise).
    • Ditto for helping Arthas during the Culling (Ally only lorewise).
    • Accepting Ally "help" during the rebellion against Garrosh (Horde only). Even the rebellion itself might have been a big !@$%up.
    • Delivering the blade in CoS to Sylvie (Horde only).

And this list is by no means extensive. Frankly speaking, our PC is a huge !@$%ing moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Leaving Gul'dan alive at the WoD intro, seriously why didn't we kill him while he was vulnerable? Is our PC just staring at Gul'dan thinking "Oh wow it's that guy, he's really infamous and- Oops I let him escape."

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    On more serious note, not dismembering, burning and making sure their soul vanished to all people we kill. No more setbacks.
    Hey we kept lopping off that one troll's head and it was like he kept growing a new one!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    We brought the Heart of Azeroth to Queen Azshara - similar to how the Dragon Soul was once used by the Old Gods.

We brought Xal'atath to N'Zoth, freeing the entity in the blade and allowing Sylvanas to bargain with the Naga Empress.

We went through the Fel Breach to help Velen face Kil'jaeden in his yatch, which ended with the Illidan oppening that gigantic portal to Argus, which allowed Sargeras to come to Azeroth and almost destroy it. The Burning Crusade is over, sure, but if we simply sealed the Tomb of Sargeras the Burning Legion would've instead come another time in the future, and Azeroth wouldn't be on the verge of death.

Not sure they are "mistakes" tho. Decisions are decisions.
    They're not mistakes if we're evil!

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Pfft, here you go:

• Everything about the Defias and Stitches questlines (Ally-only).
    • KT's phylactery back in Vanilla.
    • Not keeping a closer eye on Sylvie & co. after all those Elixir of Agony/Pain/Suffering in Vanilla Hillsbrad (for non-Forsaken Horde).
    • Killing (sort of) Illidan in BC instead of the Burning Legion, which was supposed to be our main enemy.
    • Helping Medivh in the Black Morass dungeon, although I'm not too sure whether those dungeons are canon or not (Ally only lorewise).
    • Ditto for helping Arthas during the Culling (Ally only lorewise).
    • Accepting Ally "help" during the rebellion against Garrosh (Horde only). Even the rebellion itself might have been a big !@$%up.
    • Delivering the blade in CoS to Sylvie (Horde only).

And this list is by no means extensive. Frankly speaking, our PC is a huge !@$%ing moron.
    The Arthas and Medivh one were necessary, if the infinite changed the past, everything would be fucked (As we see in the End Time dungeon).

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    Looking back, probably not stopping Jaina from teleporting us out in the battle for undercity. Offing Sylvanas there would have solved a LOT of issues that came up later.

Helping the alliance with internal problems and not aiding the iron horde instead.we missed a chance to get rid of them 5 years ago.

Maybe not the biggest but here are two examples that instantly popped into my head, yet haven't been mentioned so far: helping Drakuru in WotLK and helping Zul in BfA. Both bit us in the ass. And the obvious example of Horde player being pigeonholed into the role of helping with the destruction of the Horde as an entity and its subjugation to the Alliance at the end of BfA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.