Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Whats wrong with stockades?

A bfd clear rewards 20-22% bar exp even if you skip the side bosses and go straight for the last boss. It is very fast to clear it with decent aoe. On the other hand stockades mobs are much harder but also they seem to reward much less exp. I have clear tons and tons of packs playing 7 hour straight and I still haven't gotten the level yet.

wtf is wrong with this instance?

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    A bfd clear rewards 20-22% bar exp even if you skip the side bosses and go straight for the last boss. It is very fast to clear it with decent aoe. On the other hand stockades mobs are much harder but also they seem to reward much less exp. I have clear tons and tons of packs playing 7 hour straight and I still haven't gotten the level yet.

This is a good question. I haven't done thorough investigation on this like you have. Are the mobs roughly the same level? For some reason I thought bfd gets mobs higher than stockade once you get farther in and correct me if I'm wrong but I believe mobs in "yellow" reward u the most exp.

I'm just guessing but i think it has something to do with the fact that Stockades is located inside SW, thus extremely easy to reach, the entire Dungeon could be gathered up by a single 60 Mage within a minute and AoE'd down, therefore Blizzard nerfed Stockades XP during Vanilla already.

You only do Stockades for the quests.

Stockades has been nerfed.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Stockades has been nerfed.
    Nerfed compared to what?

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    >I ran this dungeon for 7 hours and didn't even get a level

The absolute state of the game.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Nerfed compared to what?
    Compared to the baseline. I.e. drops and xp gains that is based on the stats of mobs (level, elite tag in this case).
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Annelie View Post
    You only do Stockades for the quests.
    this.
    no gears, no drops and no mats. there is no reason to run stocks unless you are doing the quests, need a few gold quick in stormwind or are running a lowbie friend through for some quick and easy xp.

Compared to the baseline. I.e. drops and xp gains that is based on the stats of mobs (level, elite tag in this case).
    What baseline?

Omg, I wasted so many hours on this. Is there an official statement anywhere? Is this true for ragefire chasm as well?
    Last edited by Vampiregenesis; 2020-01-05 at 05:40 PM.

Omg, I wasted so many hours on this. Is there an official statement anywhere? Is this true for ragefire chasm as well?
    You're free to dig through Vanilla patchnotes, might find something.

I don't think this applies to RFC is as well, because RFC is not nearly as efficient as Stockades, the mob density is far too low.

It's been nerfed back in vanilla.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    What baseline?
    Not sure if trolling. Developers dont design loot tables and xp values for each mob individually. Unless specifically changed it's strictly based on level, type of mob (humanoid drop cloth for example, certain types of beasts drop specific meats and gray items) and elite/boss tag.

i ran stockades at L25, full clear no quests and got half a level with rested bonus. so....25% level XP based on just a mob clear, for 'at level' content? seems about right.

drops are mediocre, and even the cloth efficiency of the mobs isn't great, but its convenient. doing stockades once for all the quests is definitely rewarding.

finding a group to go do BFD is difficult though, given the travel involved. many dwarves/gnomes/humans haven't even made it to kalimdor at level 20.

3+ Year Old Account

What's wrong is with the rest of the game it was designed before 2004, therefore it's full of bad ideas, wrong numbers, mistakes, errors, etc. you name it.

What level did you do it at? What level was everyone else in your group? Did you clear every single side room?

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    What level did you do it at? What level was everyone else in your group? Did you clear every single side room?
    From 24 up to 30 and it felt very bad all the way. I dunno.... the problem might have been the design of the dungeon. It might have been too short without realizing it and the mobs much tougher compared to other dungeons. I'm running library now and it is godly with a spellcleave setup. 20% exp per run and the clear is ultra fast.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if trolling. Developers dont design loot tables and xp values for each mob individually. Unless specifically changed it's strictly based on level, type of mob (humanoid drop cloth for example, certain types of beasts drop specific meats and gray items) and elite/boss tag.
    Except you're wrong on the bolded part. There are plenty of mobs in WoW even going back to vanilla that only 1 or 2 mobs in the game dropped a specific item. Farming the enchanting recipe Crusader can only be farmed off 1 mob in the game and there are very few of them at all with a low ass respawn timer.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Except you're wrong on the bolded part. There are plenty of mobs in WoW even going back to vanilla that only 1 or 2 mobs in the game dropped a specific item. Farming the enchanting recipe Crusader can only be farmed off 1 mob in the game and there are very few of them at all with a low ass respawn timer.
    He's not wrong on the bolded part. Developers don't do that. They have designers for that.

From 24 up to 30 and it felt very bad all the way. I dunno.... the problem might have been the design of the dungeon. It might have been too short without realizing it and the mobs much tougher compared to other dungeons. I'm running library now and it is godly with a spellcleave setup. 20% exp per run and the clear is ultra fast.
    I just did ot last night. Lvl 26, gave me a little over half a level with rested. Seems abt right for 25 min clear. If you are 28+, you are too high and the mobs are green so it's worth less xp.