Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Orcs, Humans, Draenei and Highmountain Tauren should have DH options at least. All 4 have a legacy of fighting demons. Draenei have been doing it for over 30,000 years. Orcs and Humans have been doing it for generations. Highmountain Tauren have been doing it since the days of Huln Highmountain. All 4 have some form of "Fel" appearances. All that's needed is tattoo, skin and color options.

But what ever, not going to happen.

I don't see why Ren'dorei demon hunters shouldn't be playable. Fel and Void are not opposites so they could combine. We see that in HFC with Xhul'horac, a void abomination who was twisted by fel and uses both powers. Also the Ren'dorei's philosophy aligns perfectly with the Illidari's.

If anything, they could be unique in the sense that they wanted to be possessed by a demon, hoping that it would reveal to be friendly and assist them against the Void whispers. You know, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-01-04 at 03:28 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I mean Void Elf and Nightborne could possibly be Demon Hunters. but that's it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    Gnomes like to experiment with everything, including dark magics. We can't have Eredar-like Draenei fighting for the Alliance.
    They won't be Eredar, they will be Draneai DH, they would still be the same group of people

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post

Void > Fel > Arcane ... The Ren'dorei are some pretty cool scholars.
    And quite volatile

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    I don't see why Ren'dorei demon hunters shouldn't be playable. Fel and Void are not opposites so they could combine. We see that in HFC with Xhul'horac, a void abomination who was twisted by fel and uses both powers. Also the Ren'dorei's philosophy aligns perfectly with the Illidari's.

If anything, they could be unique in the sense that they wanted to be possessed by a demon, hoping that it would reveal to be friendly and assist them against the Void whispers. You know, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
    Well that boss is one of the most powerful parasitic void beings, i guess the fact that it is "parasitic" let it absorb and combine with a lot of stuff that normally its not possible

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    They won't be Eredar, they will be Draneai DH, they would still be the same group of people

- - - Updated - - -

And quite volatile

- - - Updated - - -

Well that boss is one of the most powerful parasitic void beings, i guess the fact that it is "parasitic" let it absorb and combine with a lot of stuff that normally its not possible
    The Ren'dorei themselves technically are something that should not be possible. Mortals who were supposed to be transformed into void creatures but saved midway through the process. Mortals who defied the shadows' whispers and resist them 24/7.

I'm not saying it would make perfect sense, I can see how it could conflict with perhaps some older lore. If I am not mistaken it's mentioned in Alleria's audio drama that the void is lethal for the fel. But regardless I feel like thematically it'd fit well with the Ren'dorei's overall storyline of defying the laws of the cosmos through knowledge and will. Perhaps they will find some knowledge in Telogrus Rift that will allow them to attain some of the unique properties of void revenants like Xhul'horac.

The Ren'dorei themselves technically are something that should not be possible. Mortals who were supposed to be transformed into void creatures but saved midway through the process. Mortals who defied the shadows' whispers and resist them 24/7.

I'm not saying it would make perfect sense, I can see how it could conflict with perhaps some older lore. If I am not mistaken it's mentioned in Alleria's audio drama that the void is lethal for the fel. But regardless I feel like thematically it'd fit well with the Ren'dorei's overall storyline of defying the laws of the cosmos through knowledge and will. Perhaps they will find some knowledge in Telogrus Rift that will allow them to attain some of the unique properties of void revenants like Xhul'horac.
    yep. exactly for that reason i'm holding back saying void elves could be dhs + if they can't take a demon voice + void voices and if they become insane they can't be not one thing or another and they will stop being demon hunters and void elves to be something else.

It took them this long to come up with a lore reason for new DK races. I doubt the same will happen for DH for a very long time.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Will we ever see Nightborne and Voidelf Demon Hunters? These seem the easiest to implement to me, because of the shared models.

Isn't it time they loosened the race restriction on this a bit? What do you think? Any other races that should or could be DH without it being super lore breaking?
    we saw murloc demons in broken shore. after that point i guess everything is possible

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    yep. exactly for that reason i'm holding back saying void elves could be dhs + if they can't take a demon voice + void voices and if they become insane they can't be not one thing or another and they will stop being demon hunters and void elves to be something else.
    Good. I don't see what's the problem with that. Ren'dorei demon hunters could actually be an entirely new type of demon hunters from the Illidari. It wouldn't be the first time that a lore class was exclusive to only one race.

Good. I don't see what's the problem with that. Ren'dorei demon hunters could actually be an entirely new type of demon hunters from the Illidari. It wouldn't be the first time that a lore class was exclusive to only one race.
    No. It wouldn't be a demon hunter. it would be *something else*, meaning it wouldn't be a demon hunter.

No. It wouldn't be a demon hunter. it would be *something else*, meaning it wouldn't be a demon hunter.
    There's no reason why there should be only one type of demon hunter. There are multiple types of mages, priests, or paladins. Thus, there can be more types of demon huners than just the Illidari ones.

There's no reason why there should be only one type of demon hunter. There are multiple types of mages, priests, or paladins. Thus, there can be more types of demon huners than just the Illidari ones.
    Well might not be important for you that loves alleria disciples, but it's for me as a fan of Illidan disciple, Illidan is by far my favorite character, his view on demon hunters is not what you are trying to make them to be, neither that would be accepted imo by Illidan. The concept of Illidari is his alone. Call it big ego, but he invented the whole thing himself. No, i don't want a copy paste of a demon hunter on void elves.

Well might not be important for you that loves alleria disciples, but it's for me as a fan of Illidan disciple, Illidan is by far my favorite character, his view on demon hunters is not what you are trying to make them to be, neither that would be accepted imo by Illidan. The concept of Illidari is his alone. Call it big ego, but he invented the whole thing himself. No, i don't want a copy paste of a demon hunter on void elves.
    It's not a copy paste if it is a new type. Also having a new type of demon hunter does not take anything away from the Illidari. Also just because Illidan was the first demon hunter doesn't mean all demon hunters should follow exclusively his teachings.

Just because you invent something doesn't mean others can't build upon what you first discovered, especially since there's no copyright in the Warcraft universe.

It's not a copy paste if it is a new type. Also having a new type of demon hunter does not take anything away from the Illidari. Also just because Illidan was the first demon hunter doesn't mean all demon hunters should follow exclusively his teachings.

Just because you invent something doesn't mean others can't build upon what you first discovered, especially since there's no copyright in the Warcraft universe.
    You know, it's funny because Illidan sees void beings and light beings as evil. And he says there needs to be a balance and no one saves them, WE save ourselves.

He doesn't like the polar opposites "Light and Void". If you take a look on this:

To this day, this give me the chills when he says "IT IS NOT YOURS TO TAKE" and "I AM MY SCARS"
    I think the same about your little void elves... It's not theirs to take.

They have their own thing. Void and Fel is not something to be messed. Both are infused with something. One infused with void, others with fel. And void demon hunters would simply destroy this entire class.
    Guess that's what you're trying to make sure to happen? In the name of what? Void elves having a edgy class as everyone call it?

High elves would have it. Sold. Void elves? Not in a million years i would approve, despite everyone's efforts to try make it happen-

Oh and the light and void held the same energy just opposites.

So you see light is literally consuming his scars, so would void.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2020-01-05 at 01:23 PM.

You know, it's funny because Illidan sees void beings and light beings as evil. And he says there needs to be a balance and no one saves them, WE save ourselves.

He doesn't like the polar opposites "Light and Void". If you take a look on this:

To this day, this give me the chills when he says "THIS IS NOT YOURS TO TAKE" and "I AM MY SCARS"
    I think the same about your little void elves... It's not theirs to take.

They have their own thing. Void and Fel is not something to be messed. And void demon hunters would simply destroy this entire class.
    Guess that's what you're trying to make sure to happen? In the name of what? Void elves having a edgy class as everyone call it?

High elves would have it. Sold. Void elves? Not in a million years i would approve, despite everyone's efforts to try make it happen-
    That first paragraph is touching and all but it has nothing to do with the subject at hand.

Void and fel can be combined as is shown with Xhul'horac and Affliction warlocks. There are also "Shadowfel" constructs in HFC, so it is possible. So no, it is perfectly possible to combine them, although it is difficult. It was also difficult to defy the shadows' whispers, if not impossible, yet Alleria did it.

Ren'dorei demon hunters wouldn't destroy anything. Demon hunters are defined only by two things: they wield glaives and they have an inner demon. Wielding glaives is something the Ren'dorei can do. Having an inner demon is something the Ren'dorei could do too because, again, "Shadowfel" is an actual term. And with having an inner demon perhaps they could have an ally against the whispers, as I explained before.

Also, can you stop being melodramatic? Like, Jesus, it's just a race-class combination...... It wouldn't even be a change for demon hunters themselves because no void abilities would be added.

Finally, uhm, High elves demon hunters would be straight-up terrible. High elves refuse any contact with fel, that's literally why they abandoned Quel'thalas in the first place.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-01-05 at 01:24 PM.

That first paragraph is touching and all but it has nothing to do with the subject at hand.

Void and fel can be combined as is shown with Xhul'horac and Affliction warlocks. There are also "Shadowfel" constructs in HFC, so it is possible. So no, it is perfectly possible to combine them, although it is difficult. It was also difficult to defy the shadows' whispers, if not impossible, yet Alleria did it.

Ren'dorei demon hunters wouldn't destroy anything. Demon hunters are defined only by two things: they wield glaives and they have an inner demon. Wielding glaives is something the Ren'dorei can do. Having an inner demon is something the Ren'dorei could do too because, again, "Shadowfel" is an actual term. And with having an inner demon perhaps they could have an ally against the whispers, as I explained before.

Also, can you stop being melodramatic? Like, Jesus, it's just a race-class combination...... It wouldn't even be a change for demon hunters themselves because no void abilities would be added.

Finally, uhm, High elves demon hunters would be straight-up terrible. High elves refuse any contact with fel, that's literally why they abandoned Quel'thalas in the first place.
    Don't want to be rude but first: I'm not being melodramatic, do you even know what that words means?
    Second, i think your obsession for void elves and alleria is quite visible, so you know, can't take all you say for granted.

And what i'm trying to say here, is exactly that, Xhul'horac ain't a demon hunter. The playstyle of demon hunter in game would have to fit. If you want to create other thing, not illidari, then you need to give a new name. If you want a shadowfel kind of class, i don't think that would be the case of being a demon hunter, whatsoever.

And next time you answer me, try to not incite a way to insult me or trying to call me dramatic because everything can be discussed without salt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Draenei and Orcs are the only logical choice here. What other core, playable races in history have had their respective racial histories more impacted and more fucked up from the Burning Legion than those?

And don't say Night Elves because they are already Demon Hunters.

And just l-o-fucking-l at these grasping at straws attempts to justify Void Elves being the perfect choice. Because they aren't.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2020-01-05 at 01:38 PM.

And i forgot to mention, i touched the high elves to be demon hunters because they refused but there wouldn't be any problems whatsoever for them to be one if they accepted it. Which is not the case with the void elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Draenei and Orcs are the only logical choice here. What other core, playable races in history have had their respective racial histories more impacted and more fucked up from the Burning Legion than those?

And don't say Night Elves because they are already Demon Hunters.

And just l-o-fucking-l at these grasping at straws attempts to justify Void Elves being the perfect choice. Because they aren't.
    I think so too. Draenei and orcs have loads of reasons and backup lore to join the demon hunter "squad".

Don't want to be rude but first: I'm not being melodramatic, do you even know what that words means?
    Second, i think your obsession for void elves and alleria is quite visible, so you know, can't take all you say for granted.

And what i'm trying to say here, is exactly that, Xhul'horac ain't a demon hunter. The playstyle of demon hunter in game would have to fit. If you want to create other thing, not illidari, then you need to give a new name. If you want a shadowfel kind of class, i don't think that would be the case of being a demon hunter, whatsoever.

And next time you answer me, try to not incite a way to insult me or trying to call me dramatic because everything can be discussed without salt.
    "Melodramatic" is not and never was an insult. I called you that because you act like having a new type of demon hunter would destroy the class, when every class has multiple "subclasses" related to different races. Hunters have multiple different subclasses, such as the Farstriders or the Dark Rangers, all of which are so different from each other, yet the hunter class never suffered because of this.

Xhul'horac not being a demon hunter doesn't change the fact that it is a void creature infused with fel. Thus, I don't see why the Ren'dorei, who are void-infused mortals, shouldn't be able to also possess fel.

It would not even be an asspull. Blizzard already established that Telogrus Rift is a place full of knowledge, that's why the Ren'dorei chose it as their base of operations in the first place. Thus Blizzard could easily write a plotline in which the Ren'dorei are able to discover how to possess an inner demon and bend it to protect themselves from the whispers or something like that.

Besides, we already see with Aldruis that not every demon hunter wants to follow Illidan's teachings in such a strict way.

EDIT: Also, from Wowpedia:

Demons

Demons were originally formed as a result of the Light and Void energies that had bled together at the borders of the Twisting Nether. They wield the Void as part of their arsenal. The nathrezim, otherwise known as dreadlords, are cunning, manipulative, and masters of the arts of shadow magic.[35] The Burning Legion is known to summon and bind Void creatures to serve them.
    So again it is possible for demons to wield the void and they are actually able to bind void creatures too. Thus it would be interesting to see some Ren'dorei try to become demon hunters so that they can possess an inner demon who may bind the shadow whispers to their will, much to the Ren'dorei's advantage.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-01-05 at 01:52 PM.

"Melodramatic" is not an insult. I called you that because you act like having a new type of demon hunter would destroy the class, when every class has multiple "subclasses" related to different races. Hunters have multiple different subclasses, such as the Farstriders or the Dark Rangers, all of which are so different from each other, yet the hunter class never suffered because of this.

Xhul'horac not being a demon hunter doesn't change the fact that it is a void creature infused with fel. Thus, I don't see why the Ren'dorei, who are void-infused mortals, shouldn't be able to also possess fel.
    You just answered to your own question before, on other post. "Alleria said that the void destroys fel" or something like that. Which is true.
    It would destroy the class that they are, the race, their concept. This is not being overly emotional (melodramatic), it's stating a fact, and everyone, or almost everyone knows.

Void creature being infused with fel - it's a boss and volatile and can't be controlled. All a demon hunter is not, demon hunter controlls the demon within already.
    Like sure, let's just pull out from the butt another weird mix for elves and give nothing to other races that could easily be demon hunters. And 1. Draenei for example would be easier to manage, 2. For void elves to be demon hunters there would be needing a big stretch.

Never saying it's impossible but it's mostly impossible in between the whole choices, and not to say, as i said many times, they have already their own infused-something going on. I don't see why this theme would be applicable to void elves in any perspective rather than aesthetic purposes. What makes you think a high elf because they refused to be trained wouldn't they become one? Void elves has a diversity of blood elves and high elves, so... If those blood elves were never even interested in it, so won't be them anyway interested now that they are infused with void.

On wow we try make sense of race and class combinations. Maybe if we weren't told about void and fel not being well mixed together, we would just say "fuck yeeeeee let's get void elf demon hunters", but once i know those things my brain tricks me and tells me a straight fat ass NO. rofl
    Last edited by Shakana; 2020-01-05 at 02:03 PM.