Page 27 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fancydress View Post
    That is correct. My dad is a lawyer and I discussed it with him several times and he thinks that if they delay Shadowlands until 2021, there is likelihood that they will go to jail.
    It isn't. Your dad is not a very good lawyer if he told you that. Blizzard is not going to go to jail over WC3 reforged being delayed. The most that can happen is that Blizzard has to refund the pre-order.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

They said 2020. OP must not be especially well informed.

They said W3 Reforged would come 2019 but it’s coming in 2020. That’s misinformation isnt it
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedtongue View Post
    They had nothing to show at Blizzcon, because they literally had nothing to show. Really early stage of development. Nothing is set in stone, no systems, no art, they don't even know how they are going to do the new stat squish properly yet. The Maw zone is still up in the air and might not even happen; imagine full sized zone, but nothing to do just like on Timeless Isle.
    Allegedly early 2021, but from I heard/understand, we shouldn't expect it until late 2021.
    Blizzard try to stretch xpack to decrease content drought. They think, that releasing 8.3 to keep players subbed >> good 9.0, instead of lacking one. It's some sort of experiment. Dunno, if it will be successful or complete disaster.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    My gut instinct is that it'll come out around November 2020. I *think* what happened was that we saw Blizzard cut the content of 8.2.5 short in order to get 8.3 done sooner so the full team can be on Shadowlands faster. After all, we got one short questline and a few gorgeous cinematic in 8.2.5, but not much else in regards to actual playable content. Its very reminiscent of the infamous Twitter patch of Warlords of Draenor; in that patch's case, they had been working on Twitter integration for a while and needed to push that out to justify the man hours spent, but had full-steam-ahead-focused on Legion and concluding WOD at that point in time. Hence the tiny patch.

I think 8.3's focus on existing assets and the lack of new content in 8.2.5 are in a similar vein. Shaving off precious weeks to allocate them to an expansion that needs to reinvigorate the player base.

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    18 months of content drought inc
    That would only put in 4 months past SoO in mop right so it could happen lol

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Newsflash: the date given on preorders is the absolute LATEST the game can be released. If they go past that date for whatever reason, it will mean potential legal trouble for them. And that latest date is December 2020 iirc. So yeah...
    Like the huge problems they're facing by delaying W3R?

Yeah...

They can delay the game as much as they want - they just have to face the consequences - which in case of WoW it'd be people losing their minds and saying that the game is over and whatnot.
    And they have to offer the chance to get a refund, like they did with W3R.
    So, dec31/2020 is an estimate, one that in WoW's case has always been way over the date they end up releasing the stuff they release... which is why I don't understand the first post on this whole thing, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyram View Post

Yeah...

They can delay the game as much as they want - they just have to face the consequences - which in case of WoW it'd be people losing their minds and saying that the game is over and whatnot.
    So, dec31/2020 is an estimate, one that in WoW's case has always been way over the date they end up releasing the stuff they release... which is why I don't understand the first post on this whole thing, lol.
    Shut the fcuk up about W3R already.

It's a singular self contained remake with no influence on anything else.

Delaying a WoW expansion would not only screw up release, but future patch schedules too at the same time.
    It would cost tons of money to delay an entire expac for this reason, which they will never allow.
    They would rather release it with less features and add them back in 9.1 than delay the actual expac release.

I hope it's clear how a singular RTS and an ever-going MMO is different.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NabyBro View Post
    Okay. Then how about the burning crusade? It was delayed. It was delayed into the next year. http://www.nbcnews.com/id/15403033/n...nsion-delayed/ It doesn't appear that TBC was hindered by the delay and that they lost a ton of money due to patch schedules being delayed.

While they might cut content instead of delaying now it still has happened before and wasn't really a big deal. And WC3 reforged is a good example because it is the exact same situation. A "released on or before" date being ignored with no major repercussions. Other then being required to offer potential refunds. The poster you quoted is correct. They major consequences that Blizzard will face is the doom and gloom of keyboard warriors flooding forums and such about how WoW is dead or it is the greatest evil in the world.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    They said 2020. OP must not be especially well informed.
    Warcraft 3 was also 2019 and it's still not out. Dates don't really mean anything until there's a specific date announced, even then... not really.

Shut the fcuk up about W3R already.

It's a singular self contained remake with no influence on anything else.

Delaying a WoW expansion would not only screw up release, but future patch schedules too at the same time.
    It would cost tons of money to delay an entire expac for this reason, which they will never allow.
    They would rather release it with less features and add them back in 9.1 than delay the actual expac release.

BC was delayed as well. You just sound angry about the war3 delay because it proves it happens, blizzard are not afraid of delaying a release, and it goes against what you are trying to prove. Confirmation bias at it's best "this thing should be ignored because it doesn't help my argument".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cyram View Post

Yeah...

Always? Well, except for BC which was delayed.

What is there to delay? Shadowblands is a featureless turd, 0 effort from the developers. If they delay it, I say Ion must resign willingly.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    BC was delayed as well. You just sound angry about the war3 delay because it proves it happens, blizzard are not afraid of delaying a release, and it goes against what you are trying to prove. Confirmation bias at it's best "this thing should be ignored because it doesn't help my argument".

- - - Updated - - -

it's "blizzard IS not afraid" not blizzard ARE not afraid....basic english use it...why is this so hard and why do i see it on so many posts?
    Master Personal Trainer Instagram: Understarmor
    Certified Fitness Nutritionist Facebook: Paul Starnes Fitness
    Certified in Corrective Exercise Science

If you have any fitness/nutrition related questions, feel free to DM me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    And you trust a small minority of people that don't know how releases work. It's coming in 2020. Deal with it.
    Same people who were going around talking about how there may be no expansion announcement at Blizzcon...because they actually thought Blizzard was dumb enough to have not announce the new expansion....they also think Blizzard is dumb enough to postpone SL for another 6+ months with how BFA performed?

Quote Originally Posted by Understarmor View Post
    it's "blizzard IS not afraid" not blizzard ARE not afraid....basic english use it...why is this so hard and why do i see it on so many posts?
    "basic english use it"

I think what you are trying to suggest is: Basic English, use it!"

And even then, its a real stretch to call that sentence "English"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Understarmor View Post
    Not everyone has English as their first language. Besides you used four '.' when an ellipse has three dots. This is why correcting grammar, or anything language based, is frowned upon on these forums. You knew what he meant. We all did. There is little reason to point out the errors since this isn't a formal work. While everyone should strive to be correct things happen.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    While everyone should strive to be correct, things happen.
    OmG yOu DiD a TyPo! Way To england, Captain England Professor!!!one!!!

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Okay. Then how about the burning crusade? It was delayed. It was delayed into the next year. http://www.nbcnews.com/id/15403033/n...nsion-delayed/ It doesn't appear that TBC was hindered by the delay and that they lost a ton of money due to patch schedules being delayed.

While they might cut content instead of delaying now it still has happened before and wasn't really a big deal. And WC3 reforged is a good example because it is the exact same situation. A "released on or before" date being ignored with no major repercussions. Other then being required to offer potential refunds. The poster you quoted is correct. They major consequences that Blizzard will face is the doom and gloom of keyboard warriors flooding forums and such about how WoW is dead or it is the greatest evil in the world.
    Do you have a better argument than the very first expansion 14 years ago? Fuckin ignorant my God.

Just so you know 9.1 9.2 and Maybe even 9.3 are already scheduled plus áll the in between shit they plan to do.
    Dont fuckin act like they dont know what the fuck they are doing when it comes to WoW expacs.

And have better counters than bringing up 14 year old shit when they were still learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    The mental processes going on in people's heads, the logical "leaps" they make to come up with their absolutely insane conlucsions...eh, those never cease to amaze me.

Claiming that one game being delayed is somehow an indicator that another game will be delayed...I mean, how do people come up with that? Maybe if the same team was working on both games then maaaybe, if we stretched enough, and turned our heads at just the right angle, I COULD see it...but that's just not the case.
    It is entirely possible it could be released after the current scheduled release date on the pre-order, whether it's likely or not is another matter.

Personally, i find it far more likely that it would be released alot earlier than the cut off date with them then playing catchup afterwards.

15+ Year Old Account
    Do you have a better argument than the very first expansion 14 years ago? Fuckin ignorant my God.
    We have an old example. We have a recent example. There is nothing saying they can't delay the launch of the expansion if they want to. No legal repercussions. Nothing. They will not release it just because of some pre-set schedule of patch releases. Those can be delayed as well. I don't need a better argument then two examples show casing that Blizzard can delay things with no legal consequences.

It would not cost a ton of money to delay an expansion. Because it would only cost them things they are already paying, their developers. Investors likely wouldn't pull out en mass over a short delay. They would only potentially be required to offer refunds if asked by the customer over any delay. The largest consequence would be all the Blizzard haters flood the forums with doom and gloom. You can call me and another poster ignorant all you want but choosing to ignore the facts to be the actual ignorant one won't change with what ever names you choose to type out.

I don't think it will be delayed at all so this is all moot anyways.