Page 48 of 144 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    very good managers like LVG and Mourinho could fix.
    One loss and it's the end of the world all over again. We missed McTominay, a lot, against Arsenal, besides being a young squad at risk of burning out.

I also wouldn't say Mourinho on his recent track record, either with United or Spurs could be regarded anymore as a good manager, his tactics are obsolete and he's got nothing else. Come the end of the summer he'll be whining he couldn't spend £200m on a bunch of 30 year olds to bolster that squad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    One loss and it's the end of the world all over again. We missed McTominay, a lot, against Arsenal, besides being a young squad at risk of burning out.

I also wouldn't say Mourinho on his recent track record, either with United or Spurs could be regarded anymore as a good manager, his tactics are obsolete and he's got nothing else. Come the end of the summer he'll be whining he couldn't spend £200m on a bunch of 30 year olds to bolster that squad.
    Surely you can't deny that there are problems at United though. Looking at how other teams play (okay, I used Liverpool as an example) and how United play, there is a definite lack of motivation in some players from what I see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Surely you can't deny that there are problems at United though. Looking at how other teams play (okay, I used Liverpool as an example) and how United play, there is a definite lack of motivation in some players from what I see.
    Of course there are. The motivation and consistency issues are linked, they put a couple of wins together and it burns them out, just tired of this mad rollercoaster of "OMG we're going to get top 4 easy", then we lose "It's the apocalypse, relegation form, buy a new squad, manager, CEO etc."... There's still a lot of work to be done on improving the squad for sure, but we knew it wasn't happening over night. Start of the season we were saying top 6 would be an achievement.

3 days in to the transfer window and Arsenal haven't signed anyone, sort it out Raul!
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Poor performance from Blades last night, midfield looked tired and couldn't get near the ball. Might have something to do with liverpool being great but would of nice to had a bit more fight. Hopefully play second team in FA cup to rest up for West Ham.

Also Jack rodwell signing seems strange but i trust wilder to either get him to perform or he will push others to perform better with competition for places.

suprised at how well palace are doing considering our goal scoring but then again apart from liverpool the league is an absolute state this year.

Jose looks like a man who football forgot, hes just not got it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Kloppo did the same to the BVB but the player and the training methods wasnt made for it, now he got better player and improved his training.
    Under Klopp the BVB played the best football i ever seen for the first 15 min. of each match and then maybe after 30-60 min. recovery again.
    They overrolled everyone in the first minutes with a extrem fast play and if they didnt scored 2-3 goal they would lose this game most of the time.
    But this is not 15 min I can understand 30 up to 45 min of non stop fighting like dogs. But they do 90 minutes game after game. This is Kante level of stamina shared among almost every player. Salah or Firmino never had such stamina 2-3 years ago and now they are all just cyborgs. This is not right, something is fishy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Of course there are. The motivation and consistency issues are linked, they put a couple of wins together and it burns them out, just tired of this mad rollercoaster of "OMG we're going to get top 4 easy", then we lose "It's the apocalypse, relegation form, buy a new squad, manager, CEO etc."... There's still a lot of work to be done on improving the squad for sure, but we knew it wasn't happening over night. Start of the season we were saying top 6 would be an achievement.
    Utd are not getting top 4.

Their two best midfielders have two different issues.

Scott Mctominay cant even grow a beard and they rely on him. And hes having a injury prone season. And the other midfielder clearly wants out and is telling his agent to get him out asap.

Doesnt matter if Rashford is having his best season yet if hes getting no service and all his runs are wasted because no one is capable of putting in quality passes.

You check the passing stats for utd and its constantly side to side or backwards passes.

Only players capable of breaking through the lines is pogba and mata and one wants out and the other hasnt started a game for over a season.

Havent even replaced fellaini or herrera. Shit is a mess.

Also luke shaw reminds me of a lotto winner that spends their earnings on a backyard race track. 0 professionalism
    Last edited by Volatilis; 2020-01-04 at 10:52 AM.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Utd are not getting top 4.
    If Spurs and Arsenal weren't having such nightmares of a season we wouldn't be getting so excited at the prospect.

- - - Updated - - -

Well that was boring as hell.

Why do we still pay Matic and Dalot money?

Man Utd having to play an extra match and tire their squad out, thanks Ole very cool!
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

15+ Year Old Account
    0 shots on target. Sums it all up nicely

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    Man Utd having to play an extra match and tire their squad out, thanks Ole very cool!
    What if I told you that match is just a few days before they play Liverpool at Anfield.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    What if I told you that match is just a few days before they play Liverpool at Anfield.

man united genuinely need a new midfield, every position is terrible.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Babadoo View Post
    But this is not 15 min I can understand 30 up to 45 min of non stop fighting like dogs. But they do 90 minutes game after game. This is Kante level of stamina shared among almost every player. Salah or Firmino never had such stamina 2-3 years ago and now they are all just cyborgs. This is not right, something is fishy.
    Love going to the pub for matches these days, the only thing you ever hear from the non-Liverpool fans is top tier denial and conspiracy banter. Match days have rarely been as fun as they are these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Love going to the pub for matches these days, the only thing you ever hear from the non-Liverpool fans is top tier denial and conspiracy banter. Match days have rarely been as fun as they are these days.
    I remember similar conspiracies when Pep's Barca and Bayern were just top, top tier.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    I remember similar conspiracies when Pep's Barca and Bayern were just top, top tier.
    Yeah but Peps dodgy doctor was exposed in Icarus.

That doping scandal documentary mentioned Barcelona and the spanish world cup teams. Teams where pressing and winning the ball instantly put massive demands on cardio. And Pep's time at Bayern and his demands on using said doctor flying them over and not using the german doctors caused massive issues for him at bayern.

Deff raises serious eye brows ole Mr Pep "it was my doctors fault" guardiola
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Yeah but Peps dodgy doctor was exposed in Icarus.

That doping scandal documentary mentioned Barcelona and the spanish world cup teams. Teams where pressing and winning the ball instantly put massive demands on cardio. And Pep's time at Bayern and his demands on using said doctor flying them over and not using the german doctors caused massive issues for him at bayern.

Deff raises serious eye brows ole Mr Pep "it was my doctors fault" guardiola
    You mean the Fuentes scandal? Yeah I've heard that Real Madrid and FC Barcelona may have been involved, but that only came from whispers without much evidence floating around. Plus, a French paper trying to get dirt on the Spanish, while admitting they had little to no evidence.
    Last edited by DrMcNinja; 2020-01-06 at 09:51 AM.

Leeds are good. Happy to get through that without needing a replay and no injuries. Got Palace, Sheffield and Chelsea next so there's potential to get a good run going.

15+ Year Old Account
    I stopped watching after the 0-3... I get the feeling United are a bit like me running 100m sprint, I start off at the same speed as everyone else for 10 metres and then collapse... It looked like United were actually playing well for the first 10 minutes but then just got outplayed.