Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Um, without spoiling it... Black Lightning does appear in the crisis, I think it was episode 2 or 3, he has a pretty big role and a cool moment with Flash. But yeah, I was surprised the Titans made the cameo too, CW must have gotten permission since it's all DC TV series.
    Yeh.. on the part 3, and just saw Lucifer from the show Lucifer, got the actor n all - - shcocked to also see even Superman's from the film, Smallvillee's Tom Welling from Smallville. The only one missing is getting Henry Cavill or any of the recent DC movie ones.. but I guess they'ld be far too expensive, but who knows. Cavill did do the Witcher, so it's not like the actors don't do TV series, would have been intereting to get Ezra Miller's flash, or let's just say all of the recent tv/movie versions from Smallville in the 00s onwards

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Yeh.. on the part 3, and just saw Lucifer from the show Lucifer, got the actor n all - - shcocked to also see even Superman's from the film, Smallvillee's Tom Welling from Smallville. The only one missing is getting Henry Cavill or any of the recent DC movie ones.. but I guess they'ld be far too expensive, but who knows. Cavill did do the Witcher, so it's not like the actors don't do TV series, would have been intereting to get Ezra Miller's flash, or let's just say all of the recent tv/movie versions from Smallville in the 00s onwards
    Yeah, there were some awesome cameos.

Warner Bros. wouldn't let CW use Henry Cavill or Ezra Miller even if CW wanted to pay for them (I'm sure they'd accept the money.) The reason being, WB wants to keep its movie universe distinct from the CW/TV universe. That's why Gotham couldn't even use the name Joker, or Batman, and CW itself can't even use the name Batman. Some titles WB feels are their biggest names (Batman, Joker, Aquaman, Wonder Woman) are off limits. Superman used to be off limits too, but they must have relaxed on that since his cinematic outings lately fizzled.

Warner Bros. wouldn't let CW use Henry Cavill or Ezra Miller even if CW wanted to pay for them (I'm sure they'd accept the money.) The reason being, WB wants to keep its movie universe distinct from the CW/TV universe. That's why Gotham couldn't even use the name Joker, or Batman, and CW itself can't even use the name Batman. Some titles WB feels are their biggest names (Batman, Joker, Aquaman, Wonder Woman) are off limits. Superman used to be off limits too, but they must have relaxed on that since his cinematic outings lately fizzled.
    Or Superman got in early becasue he is mentioned in the first season of Supergirl. Interesting.

Liked Black Lightning showing up, and even the 80s Flash series flashback when Earth (0 Flash remembers..

A bit cheesy with what Lex Luthor does at the end, I guess we have one more Infinite Earths to go. All I know is that Arrow somehow dies because his show ends, but the others and their worlds will survive somehow because they continue.

What I would have liked to happen was they all move to the same universe and we stop this ridiculous universe jumping and just have one timeline where all the shows, whether on the CW, or other networks are on the same earth even if they can never have any cross overs because of rights, but wow, i'm surprised they got permission for so much stuff.

Anyway, I wonder why Henry Cavill was off limits, we don't even know if they are going to continue the same continuity with the movies. Aquaman, Shazam and Wonderwoman were their biggest successes, Justice league was disappointing and the two Superman movies which I liked, didn't do much better. Still I liked the cast for the new movies, I like how they did the world too, the physics, the vibe, some details I didn't like - I didn't like the Lex Luthor - he was too Joker-ish, didn't mind, but wasn't too keen on Affleck as Batman, he was okay, not great, really liked Cavill as Superman in contrast. Shazam was a lot of fun, enjoyed that, disappointing CAvill isn't seen, which throws questions on whether he will continue the role, and I don't know how they're going to change Batman in a second Justice League movie if we get that.

Aquaman I loved, gotta say, it is my favourite of the DC lines, and I really liked the Cyborg team, the actor and his dad and how they did him, really wanted him to have his movie, thought it could be really cool.

Suicide Squad was a bit meh, didn't think it was that great, and I haven't watched Joker or Harlequin.

I know they plan to do a Batman movie in that same continuity, Wonder Woman 1984 is coming, and a Flash movie is planned as well as an Aquaman 2. So far cyborg movie, Justice League 2, and future Superman movies are still on ice.

I think the TV series Titans can fit in the movie universe. Not Doom Patrol though. But Doom Patrol and Titans are in the same continuity, even though they switched the actor for Dr Niles.

I mean, at the end of crisis all earths are destroyed and if it ends like the crossover did in the comics the people brought back will all be on one earth.

the event in the comics basically destroyed all the multiverse and put everything into one (for a while anyway)
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    I mean, at the end of crisis all earths are destroyed and if it ends like the crossover did in the comics the people brought back will all be on one earth.

the event in the comics basically destroyed all the multiverse and put everything into one (for a while anyway)
    It does, but will the shows actually do that?

Whe I think of it, there was no reason for the shows to exist on multi earths

Arrow
    Flash
    Supergirl
    Legends
    Black Lightning
    Batwoman

And non CW shows
    Titans
    Doom Patrol
    Lucifer
    Constantine (1 season)

Did I miss any? Is there a reason all of these cant be in the same universe? They are primarily based in different cities, and even when they share the same city. Their world threats even on the same earth are contained to that show.

Yet, with Supergirl talking of restoring Earth 38, but if things like presidents and hero awareness is different, how will, you merge them? Ignore the fine details?

I suspect they will restore only the earths the various shows are on, or just restore the whole multi verse.

I'd much rather they all be on the same universe

- - - Updated - - -

Also, why did they do Crisis on infinte earth? The comics did it to do a soft reset of the many continuities right.. but did the shows have such a problem that warranted that plot? Why do it?

It does, but will the shows actually do that?

Whe I think of it, there was no reason for the shows to exist on multi earths

Arrow
    Flash
    Supergirl
    Legends
    Black Lightning
    Batwoman

And non CW shows
    Titans
    Doom Patrol
    Lucifer
    Constantine (1 season)

Did I miss any? Is there a reason all of these cant be in the same universe? They are primarily based in different cities, and even when they share the same city. Their world threats even on the same earth are contained to that show.

Yet, with Supergirl talking of restoring Earth 38, but if things like presidents and hero awareness is different, how will, you merge them? Ignore the fine details?

I suspect they will restore only the earths the various shows are on, or just restore the whole multi verse.

I'd much rather they all be on the same universe

- - - Updated - - -

Also, why did they do Crisis on infinte earth? The comics did it to do a soft reset of the many continuities right.. but did the shows have such a problem that warranted that plot? Why do it?
    The CW just used it as a name for their tent pole crossover event, it didn't need it. People who don't know why The Crisis was even done regard it as a story like "Infinity War", it's an epic comic book event that could be adapted on the small screen. The reason all shows weren't in the same universe, I believe is because originally CW had no idea who they could use aside from shows on the CW itself. For example, Supergirl started its run on CBS. That means CBS had to work with CW I assume to lend them Supergirl. I think that's how it worked, not sure, but eventually Supergirl moved to the CW.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Was trying to catch up on the arrowverse in order to at least watch the crossovers... however my tolerance for cheesy CW cringe is fast fading - I just have less patience for it these days, so for any who has watched it,

1. Is the crossover standalone or do i need to have followed all the shows involved in it up to their current moment.. i seem to recall previous cross overs could be pretty much watched separate to each shows storyline.

2. Which shows are part of the cross over this year? Arrow? Supergirl? Flash? Batwoman? Black Lightning? DC Legends? surely they can't all be??
    The crossover will begin with Supergirl on December 8, 2019, and will continue with Batwoman on December 9, and The Flash on December 10. "Crisis on Infinite Earths" will conclude with Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow on January 14, 2020.

edit: you can watch them as standalone episodes but there are episodes which feed into it, I can't remember otherwise I would list them

The CW just used it as a name for their tent pole crossover event, it didn't need it. People who don't know why The Crisis was even done regard it as a story like "Infinity War", it's an epic comic book event that could be adapted on the small screen. The reason all shows weren't in the same universe, I believe is because originally CW had no idea who they could use aside from shows on the CW itself. For example, Supergirl started its run on CBS. That means CBS had to work with CW I assume to lend them Supergirl. I think that's how it worked, not sure, but eventually Supergirl moved to the CW.
    i forgot about the CW move.

Black lightning is the best of the arrowverse this season. Supergirl turned suprisingly good. Batwoman fizzled to be fair, i started getting into her, but it's middling. Arrow became very interesting when the future team was brought to the present, knowing the fate is an interesting progression.. I actually liked the new arrow season, dsepite the horrible fighting scenes etc.

The Flash was average, it made sense in context to the others. but feels very same ol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    The crossover will begin with Supergirl on December 8, 2019, and will continue with Batwoman on December 9, and The Flash on December 10. "Crisis on Infinite Earths" will conclude with Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow on January 14, 2020.

edit: you can watch them as standalone episodes but there are episodes which feed into it, I can't remember otherwise I would list them
    Thanks, I've now caught up

i forgot about the CW move.

Black lightning is the best of the arrowverse this season. Supergirl turned suprisingly good. Batwoman fizzled to be fair, i started getting into her, but it's middling. Arrow became very interesting when the future team was brought to the present, knowing the fate is an interesting progression.. I actually liked the new arrow season, dsepite the horrible fighting scenes etc.

The Flash was average, it made sense in context to the others. but feels very same ol.
    Black Lightning has been good, even last season it was very good. Tobias is such an engaging villain.
    I keep missing Supergirl because it's either on during new Animation Domination or a WWE PPV. lol But the couple episodes I saw were good, Brainiac 5 is an interesting supporting character and the whole drama with Lena Luthor is a fun story.
    Flash, I haven't been a big fan of. The villain is uninteresting, and majority of it is just centered on leading up to the Crisis.
    Arrow is the final episodes, so even if they're bad, they're watchable. It's just tying up loose ends. I don't particularly like Mia, but having her meet Ollie at least gave us something good.

Apparently not,

Trivia

• This is the first time a version of Wonder Woman and Green Lantern appeared in the Arrowverse.
    • Earth-X, Earth-D, Earth-F, Earth-N52 and Earth-76 made an appearance.
      • Despite not being named on screen, New 52 Justice League, Flash, Cyborg and Aquaman made an appearances on TV.
    • The Justice Alliance from Earth-D made an appearance.
    • This story takes place during "Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part Two".
    • This comic introduced the Council of Luthors in the arrowverse.
      • There is a version of Lex Luthor who appeared with red hair which is a reference of Jesse Eisenberg portrayal of the character in the DCEU.
      • Multiple Lex Luthors from the council were already introduce in other DC Comic media.
      • The place of the council of Luthor's meeting is on Earth-99.
      • Earth-38 Lex Luthor time traveled back in time on Earth-38 to meet Superman, who traveled back in time to get a Kryptonian rattle for Jonathan Kent from the Fortress of Solitude.
    So there other big names are all there, just not leading roles. I now understand it that DC comics itself is heavily involved. The creators of the original Crisis are running the crossover event. This might explain why they are able to take so many things from past and present versions. Some of the above information refers to the comic Giant which is a canon part of the TV series verse crossover event.

Apparently not,

So there other big names are all there, just not leading roles. I now understand it that DC comics itself is heavily involved. The creators of the original Crisis are running the crossover event. This might explain why they are able to take so many things from past and present versions. Some of the above information refers to the comic Giant which is a canon part of the TV series verse crossover event.
    Council of Luthors? Is that coming up on episodes 4 and 5 starting January 14th?

Council of Luthors? Is that coming up on episodes 4 and 5 starting January 14th?
    I think they are talking about a comic.

wb has become less and less restrictive over time.

things like the suicide squad arc being axed because of the movie i dont think would happen now

we also have to remember that a lot of the people who were in charge back then arent now.

dceu and wb have had a ton of shakeups and its part of the reason why its a rollercoaster and somewhat in shambles.

they were originally going for a big mcu style cohesive universe and have now taken the more multiversal and standalone approach and their stance is now that basically unless its explicitly stated every movie is its own thing but maybe possibly could be crossed over at some point.

is justice league canon to ww2? is shazaam and aquaman in the same universe? is robert pattinsons batman from the 90s ever going to hang out with henry cavils superman? is henry cavil even going to be superman again?

the answer to all of those questions from wb at the moment is maybe? possibly?
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

they were originally going for a big mcu style cohesive universe and have now taken the more multiversal and standalone approach and their stance is now that basically unless its explicitly stated every movie is its own thing but maybe possibly could be crossed over at some point.
    And it’s a great way to do things. Doom Patrol had enough of a distraction with their appearance in Titans versus the standalone show, and as much as I’d love to see a connected universe, people nit picking every little thing, and writers being constrained to multiple other writer’s canon, makes things worse, not better.

I think DC has done well with recent outings, so more power to them if this is their new path.

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    And it’s a great way to do things. Doom Patrol had enough of a distraction with their appearance in Titans versus the standalone show, and as much as I’d love to see a connected universe, people nit picking every little thing, and writers being constrained to multiple other writer’s canon, makes things worse, not better.

I think DC has done well with recent outings, so more power to them if this is their new path.
    dc has also always been much much bigger in the whole multiverse aspect than marvel anyways, theyve rebooted their comics and had a lot more versions of every character than marvel ever did in the first place and like you said this gives them more freedom. and just like with crisis now in the arrowverse it doesnt hinder them from doing that big crossover later on if they want to.

all they need is any number of characters or devices to allow them to hop over.

i think the multiverse concept in general is also going to be the big "thing" in comic book media and movies/tv shows going forward, dc's already dived in head first and weve got the sonyverse stuff dipping their toes in it with spider-verse and their new venom-verse and tom hollands new fluid contract and marvels already starting to enter that territory with them already stating it will be a big factor in the wake of endgame and dr strange being the first big step towards that in the movies.

all of the companies are starting to embrace this sort of soft continuity and worrying less about the general audience "getting" it or being confused and just going with the flow. having more confidence in their audience to just sort of accept that there are other versions or other possibilities that can connect without being restrained.

theyve finally realized weve had so many batmen, so many supermen spider-men etc and we dont need a major explanation.

when deadpool 3 comes out no one is going to have to worry too much about how or why they connect because thats just how that character works (obviously some people online will but it wont really matter in the grand scheme of things)

I'm not sure, its trivia regarding the whole crossover event that spans 5 episodes and 2 comics that tell the complete story. I think most of it is the comic, but not sure as I cant get hold of the first release in the UK

"Action" shows with fight the choreography of a bad 80s movie. Ruins the whole thing for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    So, how about that surprise cameo last night? Anyone think Grant could pop up in The Flash movie now since Ezra was in the crossover?
    I certainly hope so. Blew me away, quite frankly. Hopefully this means DC will use some of its successful TV actors to play these heroes on the big screen. Would certainly raise the stock of both the TV series and movies, making them must watch across both worlds. They can have Brandon Routh carry on a Reeves universe Superman while Henry Cavill continues to play the more modern Superman, Ezra and Grant's Flash characters interacting on the big screen and vice-versa. We even got a shot of OA. Though I don't see WB being able to convince Ryan Reynolds to come back as Green Lantern. lol

Though I don't see WB being able to convince Ryan Reynolds to come back as Green Lantern. lol
    I wouldn't rule him out.
    He's too much like Deadpool in that he's not easy to predict.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I wouldn't rule him out.
    He's too much like Deadpool in that he's not easy to predict.
    I'd actually like to have him back. Contrary to general consensus, I didn't hate him as Green Lantern. The movie had some flaws (bad SFX and rushing the Parallax story among them) but I Reynolds himself wasn't a bad Hal Jordan. Well, not a post Rebirth Hal Jordan, anyway.