Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Where's the content preview?

For an expansion that's releasing later this year...we've barely heard anything since Blizzcon. No class or talent previews. No new art previews. No further deep dives on dungeons, raids or other Shadowlands-specific systems. We've gotten some Covenant abilities and that's it. I feel like usually by now in the pre-expansion cycle, we've had way more to chew on, no?

What gives?

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    For an expansion that's releasing later this year...we've barely heard anything since Blizzcon. No class or talent previews. No new art previews. No further deep dives on dungeons, raids or other Shadowlands-specific systems. We've gotten some Covenant abilities and that's it. I feel like usually by now in the pre-expansion cycle, we've had way more to chew on, no?

What gives?
    Calm down, the announcement was just 2 months ago. I speculate that an Alpha/Beta is probably a month or two after after 8.3 launches.

10+ Year Old Account

What gives?
    8.3 isn't out is part of it

This whole expansion is gonna be lucky to be out in 2020. This isn't a Legion situation where you could reuse much of what you had in 6.2. SL and Old Gods have basically 0 crossover

Quote Originally Posted by Seiklis View Post
    8.3 isn't out is part of it

This whole expansion is gonna be lucky to be out in 2020. This isn't a Legion situation where you could reuse much of what you had in 6.2. SL and Old Gods have basically 0 crossover
    6.2 was using early Legion assets, not the other way around.

Shadowlands was just announced two months ago. We just had the Christmas holidays where most companies have downtime. And patch 8.3 the last major update for BfA isn't even out yet.

I'd say we'll get a SL update in Feb, with the beta in April.

We basically just sit here after blizzcon without any information. But i want to be slapped with all the features all the time, give me the slap! I need to wake up, cause have been sleeping too much in bfa lol

I want them to take their time, but i want to have that slap of news.

10+ Year Old Account

What gives?
    This is common, people just forget. They announce then there's the holidays and then a couple of months past there where they still go pretty quiet. Expect more news in March/April.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh 8.3 isn't even out, not to mention 8.3.5 either - There's a lot of story left, we don't even know any of the dk stuff in 8.3, lets see how 8.3 ends and how 8.3.5 begins the tie in to shadowlands, then they can dump everything on us.

Better yet, where's the 8.3 trailer!? Patch trailers usually hype up content. Isn't Visions of N'zoth getting a trailer?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Better yet, where's the 8.3 trailer!? Patch trailers usually hype up content. Isn't Visions of N'zoth getting a trailer?
    Everything is probably getting pushed back just like warcraft 3 did.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Given that 8.3 is releasing next week, that'd make the trailer rather pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    If they're delaying 8.3, then they're also delaying announcing the delay, it's supposed to go live in like 9 days.

Quote Originally Posted by NMX- View Post
    Calm down, the announcement was just 2 months ago. I speculate that an Alpha/Beta is probably a month or two after after 8.3 launches.
    The announcements was 2 months ago and they barely showed us anything or barely said anything with substance. This means Shadowlands is FAR FAR away from being in a presentable state which is quite worrisome. Release in Q4/20 most likely.

Another problem is the lingering 8.3 which seems to have delayed everything.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by NMX- View Post
    mine safe bet is that alpha will probably by UP by the end of March. with BFA they release the alpha 2-3 weeks after the release of the last LFR wing, maybe they will follow the same pattern

Why would they hype 9.0 when 8.3 is not out yet, and is supposed to be the main draw right now?

Expect very little from Blizzard until that Alpha test begins.

i recon alpha and info for 9.0 to hit around march

I think that it feels like we know nothing is because... well, the Blizzcon announcement was quite skinny, info-wise.
    But we haven't even had an early alpha build (apart from that demo at Blizzcon), and the PTR's been busy with 8.3
    I reckon once we have 8.3 live and the raid is out and then all LFR wings are open we're gonna start getting new info on Shadowlands.
    Right now we're still living under BFA's patch schedule and info.
    I agree with finding it strange that they haven't released a patch trailer yet.

r.i.p budget no more trailers

We will see it tomorrow most likely

They have nothing to show yet.