What do you have trouble not spoiling for yourself?

Mods: Sorry if I put this in the wrong sub-forum, I was thinking of 8.3 stuff so thought it'd be better suited here than in Shadowlands!

Note: Don't be posting spoilers, this isn't about them DIRECTLY, just how you interact (or don't interact) with them.
    Note 2: Was genuinely unsure how to word the thread title without it sounding janky, hopefully it's understandable.

For me personally, it's the music and environments that I can't resist checking out. I checked daily for Mechagon music for a few months before it got posted, and then did the same for 8.3. I've already gone through the screenshot galleries for 8.3 twice, Ny'alotha looks rad.

I avoid story spoilers and game mechanics stuff; the former because I want to play through it without knowing what'll happen and the latter because I don't care that much.

How about y'all?
    Times y'all got me with that dang Eye of Azshara Login Screen: 7

Oh music i can't resist too, it's what takes part of me getting interested on the expansions and zones... It's just too much to ask. Always need to hear them.

First thing i also can't resist is checking up systems.

What i don't like to be spoiled the most is fights and the lore that i want to see in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Melathyr View Post
    Mods: Sorry if I put this in the wrong sub-forum, I was thinking of 8.3 stuff so thought it'd be better suited here than in Shadowlands!

Note: Don't be posting spoilers, this isn't about them DIRECTLY, just how you interact (or don't interact) with them.
    Note 2: Was genuinely unsure how to word the thread title without it sounding janky, hopefully it's understandable.

For me personally, it's the music and environments that I can't resist checking out. I checked daily for Mechagon music for a few months before it got posted, and then did the same for 8.3. I've already gone through the screenshot galleries for 8.3 twice, Ny'alotha looks rad.

I avoid story spoilers and game mechanics stuff; the former because I want to play through it without knowing what'll happen and the latter because I don't care that much.

How about y'all?
    seriously ? wow became such a cheap shit the last few years, that i spoil everything for myself and i give a fuck. nothing what current wow team did or do make me hyped or surprise me. i look at it, value it, and call it a day.

i.e. they wasted aszhara and nzoth in 2 cheap patches in a filler xpac about horde vs alliance setup. my natural language is german. but i watched the nzoth and ashzara final in english after it was ptr leaked. and i just fly over the text. because its obvious what happens. its lame. its cheap. i quickly check it up and go „ok, standard as expected. next vid.“

to be honest: even objectively there isnt much you can spoiler and ppl go „omg, didnt expected that“. sad, but true. at least for me and the ppl i know.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2020-01-06 at 02:15 AM.

@Shakana Ooh yeah, same! Music I absolutely have to hear as soon as it's available. And new systems I tend to skim over, though I'd be lying if I said I'm not checking out the new AH system-- I use an addon for it currently but it's still clunky and unwieldy, but the revamped AH looks like what I've been wanting ever since seeing GW2's AH.
    @Niwes Awh, bummer.

Honestly, the things I most want to avoid. Can't resist.

Game mechanics and systems are fine, they aren't spoilers to me. But maps, models, story etc are all 'off limits'. So naturally I squint and scroll through all the new models and scenario strings. I've managed to stop reading the quest summaries and descriptions, though. I still don't actually know most of the heritage armour quest chains...

@Shakana Ooh yeah, same! Music I absolutely have to hear as soon as it's available. And new systems I tend to skim over, though I'd be lying if I said I'm not checking out the new AH system-- I use an addon for it currently but it's still clunky and unwieldy, but the revamped AH looks like what I've been wanting ever since seeing GW2's AH.
    I actually love the new AH system. It's good because you don't need to keep on AH seeing the undercuts all the time. And if someone wants to buy a stack it can be a bit of yours or others. I like it.

I used to play only Nightfall/1st Guild Wars expansions all of them. I never played Guild Wars2 so i'm not sure how it worked there but i trust your judgement!

I use auctionmaster + auctionator, one alone or just the other alone don't work well, but together they are for me better than TSM itself. You go to "sell" tab, puts the price automatically, you can choose stacks and all, when you go see your auctions, the skin changes with them together and even lets you cancel the undercuts. It's so easy the list appears really compacted and detailed. You should try it and disable the one you use right now.

Together they can:
    - Scan your own AH without having to have an account and a app like TSM
    - Lets you know how much the items in your bags cost after you scan
    - Has a memory of words when you look for an item in a list at the left on "buy" ~
    - Easy to put stuff in auction
    - It has simple stuff that TSM has in a complex way without to even needing to do configurations
    Last edited by Shakana; 2020-01-06 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Honestly, the things I most want to avoid. Can't resist.

Game mechanics and systems are fine, they aren't spoilers to me. But maps, models, story etc are all 'off limits'. So naturally I squint and scroll through all the new models and scenario strings. I've managed to stop reading the quest summaries and descriptions, though. I still don't actually know most of the heritage armour quest chains...
    Dude, I do the exact same. I try and scroll past them quickly whenever there's an infodump on the first page.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    I actually love the new AH system. It's good because you don't need to keep on AH seeing the undercuts all the time. And if someone wants to buy a stack it can be a bit of yours or others. I like it.

I used to play only Nightfall/1st Guild Wars expansions all of them. I never played Guild Wars2 so i'm not sure how it worked there but i trust your judgement!

I use auctionmaster + auctionator, one alone or just the other alone don't work well, but together they are for me better than TSM itself. You go to "sell" tab, puts the price automatically, you can choose stacks and all, when you go see your auctions, the skin changes with them together and even lets you cancel the undercuts. It's so easy the list appears really compacted and detailed. You should try it and disable the one you use right now.

Together they can:
    - Scan your own AH without having to have an account and a app like TSM
    - Lets you know how much the items in your bags cost after you scan
    - Has a memory of words when you look for an item in a list at the left on "buy" ~
    - Easy to put stuff in auction
    - It has simple stuff that TSM has in a complex way without to even needing to do configurations
    Oh, same here! I currently only use Auctionator, which yeah, still feels very lacking in terms of what it does vs what I want it to do.

As for GW2, you'd do some shortcut to list it on the AH (I forget the keys, it's been a few years), and it'd fill in the pricing to be just under the lowest current listing. It was all on one page, so there was no tabbing back and forth to check (which Auctionator cuts from WoW, but it's still not the best via using outdated info and listing stuff based on the price ~2 days ago and not today). It was very easy and quick to manage, and this new system looks promising and reminds me of it.

What I'm HOPING we get is a function that searches solely by an item's prefix and disregards the "of the x" suffix, because that's the biggest annoyance to me currently. I level a lot and loot some nice mog items, but I have to check manually with the prefix to see what it's currently at.

But since we're getting these new changes in a week, I'm just going to hold off and try out the new AH and see what needs shoring up with addons.

3+ Year Old Account

How about y'all?
    Raid encounters. Gameplay is the only thing I care about at this point in the game so I enjoy watching encounters before they are released and it's spoiling me because they're all more fun to do when you know nothing about them and learn them on the spot.

I get enough by osmosis of just existing in a world with MMO-champ and Youtube thumbnails that usually I give up and just delve on anything short of just watching people play it on the PTR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I like looking at theory and speculation topics a lot. So, when theory and speculation end up becoming true I'm never sure if I've been spoiled on it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I get enough by osmosis of just existing in a world with MMO-champ and Youtube thumbnails that usually I give up and just delve on anything short of just watching people play it on the PTR.
    I get sad whenever I know something big is coming out, it means I can't frequent MMO or Youtube until after I play it myself, since I watch Bellular and the man is not very subtle with titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    I like looking at theory and speculation topics a lot. So, when theory and speculation end up becoming true I'm never sure if I've been spoiled on it or not.
    I do too! Though debating if I wanna do it again come next expac reveal-- I read a good portion of the 'leaks' this time around and ended up HATING every concept of Shadowlands, so when I saw the logo my heart sank and I felt very 'ugh' about it. Then I saw the actual content reveal and I'm excited now, but seeing all those leaks beforehand definitely took out the initial excitement I would've had had I not read those.