Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    What? People will just buy your underpriced flasks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    Nice change, but giving priority to auctions that were added last logic is stupid. So instead of 1c undercuts, now players are forced to simply relist their auctions every few minutes. Same thing, different semantics. Still forces players to no life auction house UI at highly competitive markets such as enchanting scrolls, so only those who can cancel and relist their auctions every few minutes get a chance to sell.

Priority should be given to items that were put on auction house first. Like normal queue -> first posted, first sold. To prevent 1c undercuts simply set limit to undercut price, something like not allowing to undercut for less than 5% of lowest price. That would allow players to put their auctions and go play actual game instead of being forced to camp auction house.
    agreed, but I'd never expect logical actions from them. the loot rolling system for example, rather than giving priority to those rolling for their current spec or those with an actual need we got what I'm pretty sure no one asked for.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blaatschaap View Post
    What? People will just buy your underpriced flasks
    Yes, but if I'm understanding this correctly the AH automatically sets the price for future listings to the current lowest price. So if another person lists the same item before my 'cheap' items have sold, her items will sell for the same cheap price, unless she manually adjusts the price before listing.

I dont think so anyone posting 1000 flasks will just accpet 25g price when theres only few of them on the AH for that ptice (and be real, they will be sniped in seconds). GL on that tho.

Nice change, but giving priority to auctions that were added last logic is stupid. So instead of 1c undercuts, now players are forced to simply relist their auctions every few minutes. Same thing, different semantics. Still forces players to no life auction house UI at highly competitive markets such as enchanting scrolls, so only those who can cancel and relist their auctions every few minutes get a chance to sell.

Priority should be given to items that were put on auction house first. Like normal queue -> first posted, first sold. To prevent 1c undercuts simply set limit to undercut price, something like not allowing to undercut for less than 5% of lowest price. That would allow players to put their auctions and go play actual game instead of being forced to camp auction house.
    And how is this different than being forced to repost due 1c undercuts like now on live? Im not camping AH, I set 12h time and just repost next day if something dont sell. Guess what? My stuff still sells. I like the new changes alot.
    Last edited by Mamut; 2020-01-06 at 10:52 AM.

There is no need to undercut as auctions posted later (at the same price) are sold first.
    Yeah, but someone will just put something 1g cheaper on AH and it will be sold first.

It's not stupid, undercutting something by 1c to go on top of the list was what was stupid, and that's not even a discussion point, it's a fact.

Also having minimum undercut limit? That's the worst idea I've read here yet. You don't think people will still undercut to get on top of the list? And that this won't keep happening over and over again and devalue everything? Have you never seen people who undercut too much, only to be undercut again so they actually didn't gain anything, they only lowered the price of goods they wanted to sell. Now you propose to *force* people to do this. Talking about a stupid system, there you have it.

And being "forced" to camp the AH? Please. Don't preach the problems of the 0.001% and bring it forth as a major problem. Noone is forced to camp the AH, that's bullshit. If you want to play the AH you can make a lot of money, sure, but that's by choice, don't paint yourself the victim here. Otherwise, feel free to do it like the rest 99.9% who don't camp the AH and believe it or not, can also sell their items.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Yeah, but someone will just put something 1g cheaper on AH and it will be sold first.
    Of course, and that is fine. Some people will whine endlessly about undercutters ruining their business, it already happens, but it will be bigger after the patch
    I like these changes, I hope the deposit fees are gonna be back to normal lower levels - remember, they upped deposits for several minor items to counter all these 1 by 1 posters...

10+ Year Old Account
    It only took them 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Not to mention this hurts price drops over time. Undercutting is how prices regulate themselves over long periods of time. New items often end up costing 10-1000x their worth at the start, and drop as people gain access to them, and start undercutting each other to get the sales. If there's ever an item worth selling now, it will remain at a high price for much longer since less people will be dropping the price to sell faster.
    That's... That's not how economics works.

New items cost more because they're new and there aren't as many of them but a lot of people want them. After a while the "new" items aren't as rare and also aren't as desirable so they cost less. That's pretty basic supply and demand, and is in no way impacted by undercutting at all.

Overall this won't really change much, other than it will be a lot more convenient to both post and buy items from the AH which seems like a good thing all around. Buyers don't have to deal with people posting stacks of 1 all the time, sellers don't have to undercut each other all the time and can just post at the same price as everyone else.

Sounds very similar to how gw2s tradingpost work with the exception of keeping the limited time it's kept up.

IN OTHER WORDS, unless you are CURRENTLY ACTIVE AND REPOSTING YOUR ITEM CONSTANTLY, someone else might post their item and sell it before you do - At the same price.
    ... Auctions last 12/24/48 hours (not sure about the durations). If your thing never sells, you will HAVE TO repost it. And when you do, it will sell instantly (because in your example, everything seems to be sold instantly ). Hence, no problem.
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2020-01-06 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethanie View Post
    I wonder if it will be possible to 'game' this new AH, specifically as a buyer.

For example if I wanted to buy 1000 Flasks, and they were currently selling at 100 gold each would I be able to lower the selling price by listing a few of the same flasks for sale at a drastically reduced price of 25 gold, thereby causing the AH to list any further listings at my new price point? That way I would just wait for enough items to be listed at the new price before buying.
    You mean exactly how resetting a market works now?

For example if I wanted to buy 1000 Flasks, and they were currently selling at 100 gold each would I be able to lower the selling price by listing a few of the same flasks for sale at a drastically reduced price of 25 gold, thereby causing the AH to list any further listings at my new price point? That way I would just wait for enough items to be listed at the new price before buying.
    Well considering that people can still set their own price, I doubt people would be willing to sell that low, in all likely hood they'd probably just buy the cheap flasks and resell them, just like they would now.

the seller is not bound to sell at the lowest price.

Works fine in GW2 where they use pretty much the same system. It's a change well needed - albeit I do agree this is very late and should have been added +10 years ago.

It's possible you'll get one or two using addons who don't ultimately care because they push so many of everything, but overall, most will just buy your couple and relist them at the more appropriate price. This will happen more frequently now, anyway, since you get placed at the front of the queue when you post, so buying lower price and selling immediately at higher puts you at an advantage.

I just hope it dosen't mess with my AH play. Thats all I care about...I mean Auctionator addon already fixed the AH for me kinda...well minus the many pages.

Looks really nice as a vendor

No need to calculate how many stack of 10 or 50 or 200

Just post all my compo and VOILA !

And we won't have our mailbox full of one stack unsold

But that's the problem. This doesn't fix that. If someone undercuts you by 1c now, they will be bought before you - The same way it was done before.

People don't even have to undercut you anymore. They just have to post after you. As long as they posted after you, theirs will sell first now.

I get the use of not scrolling through 16 pages of single-item stacks. But make the items that were posted first, sell first. If the items that are posted later sell first, you won't ever sell anything - Because EVERYONE who is CURRENTLY playing will just post the item at your price, and theirs will always sell before yours does. (IN OTHER WORDS, unless you are CURRENTLY ACTIVE AND REPOSTING YOUR ITEM CONSTANTLY, someone else might post their item and sell it before you do - At the same price.)
    That's just shortsided thinking, try to think a tiny bit further than your footstep.

If first one sells than NOONE WILL EVER POST THE SAME THING FOR THE SAME PRICE, they will just undercut you, either way first post won't be sold first. So your argument is pointless.

If you mean to say that the AH should force first post to sell? How the hell do you expect to regulate that? If a chinese farmer posts 200,000 herbs are we gonna be fucked for 48 hours because tough shit, we have to wait for those to sell?

This is NOT a problem. I don't see how so many view it as such? Can you not sell your items unless you camp the AH like the other guy I replied to? You don't fix anything by making first post sell, you just don't change anything at best, and in my opinion undercutting by 1c to get on top of the list is stupid, but if you make the change you suggest then it will keep happening. And no, I don't believe the price is regulated by the 1c undercuts, it's most often brought to a spot with supply demand saturation and AH players resetting prices.

Edit: Forgot to add, the seemingly *cancel and repost for the same price* problem is not really a problem either. We're talking about 1c here, the guy who cancelled and put it up will also do it whether its same or 1c less. It makes no difference, he will in most cases lose his deposit every time he does that though (except some items don't have deposit cost).

I also don't understand the need to immediately sell your items on the AH, do you people pay rent or something? :P
    Last edited by Memur; 2020-01-06 at 02:05 PM.

Doesn't it cost money to post stuff on the Auction House, so if your constantly removing items from the AH just to make sure your item sells first, aren't you going to run out of money real quick? Items that don't sell fast the system doesn't work for because then you will never end up selling your new BOE you got lucky with, and items that sell quickly there's no point either because there's a large chance that your item will sell the instant you post it.

Really looking forward to this change, but even casual players would still want addons for two very compelling reasons.

1) History. I want to know if the current prices are good, compared to what sold last week. If not, maybe I don't buy right now, or price my stuff way above the current anomalously low price.
    2) Fast posting. If you have to laboriously open your backpack, rightclick on each individual item, them click on the post button, that's a non-starter. The appraiser UI in Auctioneer is a good example of a solution to this.