Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    end villains these days seems pretty lackluster and disappointing, archimonde? third time, Argus? pulled from their ases last patch with no impact or big moment at all, N'zoth? he was teased for so long and only is showed in the last patch to die simple, with some anime lazer power, meh

i do miss where the villain had a big impact or at least participate more in the story

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    end villains these days seems pretty lackluster and disappointing, archimonde? third time, Argus? pulled from their ases last patch with no impact or big moment at all, N'zoth? he was teased for so long and only is showed in the last patch to die simple, with some anime lazer power, meh

i do miss where the villain had a big impact or at least participate more in the story
    They used up all their Warcraft RTS villains and the bosses when down the hill post Cataclysm. (Though I think MoP had a great boss progression and is the best expansion personally)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    They used up all their Warcraft RTS villains and the bosses when down the hill post Cataclysm. (Though I think MoP had a great boss progression and is the best expansion personally)
    it not that the rts villains are gone, is they not being able to create a satisfactory one, or use the ones we have in a satisfactory way

Sargeras is gone and we did shit about it, N'zoth could have an entire expansion revolved around him and his release with the black empire and nyalotha

much thing going to waste, and other underused or not used properly, bfa was a failure with the idea of subverting expectations and we end up with a lame ass expansion who was sold as a Horde x alliance thing, faction pride, but everything end to the toilet because they don't know to handle, and throw n'zoth as sacrifice

at least in shadowlands we have a villain from the beginning, they did downgrade the scourge and the lich king to have a "badass enemy", so i hope they don't go for the "subverting expectations" again

Well blizz is really good at killing their own lore hype.. so N'Zoth is no exception. I guess we need to focus on Sylvanas for some time, like it or not.

I think what's kind of interesting is that a loose end that's left by N'zoth is the gift he gives us in the Crucible of Storm. Canotically some players kept it, and since one of N'zoth's biggest enemy is death which resides in the Shadowlands, us going there with his gift and him also dying might be part of his end game plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    He is weaker than C'thun and Yogg-saron and we dealt with those the patch they were introduced, so why would the weakest of the old gods get a massive fanfare?
    Yeah, we killed imprisoned vessels of the Old gods, why would a fully unleashed one be more powerful ?

10+ Year Old Account
    He is weaker than C'thun and Yogg-saron and we dealt with those the patch they were introduced, so why would the weakest of the old gods get a massive fanfare?
    N'Zoth is basically the more flashy of Old Gods, Yogg and C'Thun are more working from the shadows in hiding. N'Zoth is the type of guy to burst through the wall like the Kool Aid man. Dammit N'Zoth.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfals View Post
    Yea, just like Sargeras... its a pretty big fail in my book. Oh well.
    Blizzard, especially in BfA, has this habit of hopping back and forth. It has worn the skin of several expansion themes and executed none of them particularly well.

They also have a habit of handicapping their past selves. Build up an expansion, get to what should arguably be the climax, and then rather than having it feel big and impressive, it just feels like a "Hey kids, have you seen the trailers for the new expansion yet? That's where the real juicy stuff is."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    You haven't seen the cinematic, none of us have. Come back after the raid comes out. Cutscene =/= cinematic, learn the difference and stop thinking the datamined N'zoth cutscene is the finale when it's not.
    Implying an Azerite Kamehameha isn't plainly a dumb way to deal with a villain regardless of whether it starts or ends there.

"Hey guys, it's Cataclysm again. But instead of Thrall and the Dragon Soul, it's You, the Heart of Azeroth and some Titan Purification protocol thingybobs."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Is the first time that we are facing an old god in it's full glory.
    An Old God that has been teased and hyped for quite some time.
    Behind Deathwing AND Azshara.
    Just because he is not beloved by you, it does not mean that he isn't beloved. No matter what you say, he is important, extremely important. If he was not minimally important he would not be the end boss of the expansion.
    Hyped up since Cataclysm, his existence foreshadowed before even Cataclysm.
    I don't care what people say, that's a long time, and he was compelling in the Gift of N'zoth storyline. He could've been more than what he is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Timewalker View Post
    All Old Gods have been 1 patch ez kills. Why should N'Zoth, who is weaker than the others, be any more?
    Because you don't understand the lore and are parroting incorrect/context deprived information.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Kil'Jaeden tho on mythic was the hardest fight ever, that people can't even do. The mechanics of that boss still leave to be hard in this expansion (they are super easy, just hard to perform when you don't know how).

I think he was a good boss too. Tomb of sargueras wasn't super exciting for me, but Kil'jaeden fight was. Tomb was probably the time i played less.
    yeah, boss was totally ok mechanic wise. but thats totally not the point here. we talk about the lore. so you maybe missunderstood what i said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    He was overhyped anyway. I'm glad they deleted him like that. Although I wish they hadn't tried to make him sound like an actual threat, he wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    He was overhyped anyway. I'm glad they deleted him like that. Although I wish they hadn't tried to make him sound like an actual threat, he wasn't.
    Pretty much what I think of Sylvanas and the Jailer.

At least now i wont have to deal with so many people mispronouncing his name as enzoth.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    They made N'zoth look like a bitch in the Azshara warbringer video so who cares about him anymore.
    This too. Every character in this expansion aside from Sylvanas has been made to look like a total chump.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by [Apok] View Post
    At least now i wont have to deal with so many people mispronouncing his name as enzoth.
    ...that's how I pronounce it, is "it knee-zoth?" That sounds like "knees off" if true. Which reminds me of the British wrestling chant. "If you hate N'zoth, shoes off!"

do you want an epic 3 expansion N'zoth saga with mini ''merely a setback'' raids?

Quote Originally Posted by Trient View Post
    Well blizz is really good at killing their own lore hype.. so N'Zoth is no exception. I guess we need to focus on Sylvanas for some time, like it or not.
    I mean they arnt. It's your fault you decided to look at incomplete text, fights. And a minor unfinished cinematic and ruin the surprise for yourself with incomplete gameplay.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The biggest schemers are often the most tame looking. They make up for what they lack elsewhere like that. What's more what's the alternative here really? Not proposing anything, just dumping on w/e disentangled mess currently available that you found on the PTR.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by peter92q View Post
    do you want an epic 3 expansion N'zoth saga with mini ''merely a setback'' raids?
    One expansion would be enough ty.
    Or something more interesting than "Hey, he's here now and you have to kill him."
    Frankly, the Gift of N'zoth was a good set up for an enemy of my enemy situation, or one where he helps us take care of something powerful and evil which in turn unwittingly helps him.
    Say, we get rid of the Jailer and he helps us do so, and that gives him more power/leeway. I dunno, but something better than what we got:

"Hey, it's war. War's here. War war war." -> "Artificial Old God" -> "War is here again guys!" -> "Oh shit it's N'zoth" -> "Oh shit it's Azshara" -> Conclusion to war -> N'zoth is free in game and gets tossed out of the story like a used rag because GET HYPED FOR SHADOWLANDS BROS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peter92q View Post
    No, I'd rather an expansion dedicated to N'Zoth / the Black Empire / Ny'alotha from the get-go instead of indirectly referencing and teasing it for 1.5 expansions and finally getting it in a fucking content patch. No I'm not bitter or anything.

This would be my ideal expansion to patch flow:

There should have been a content patch after "Tides of Vengeance" but before "Rise of Azshara" that dealt with Mechagon and Mechagon only.

Kind of like "Return to Karazhan" was for Legion but I guess recycling that specific idea for a content patch would piss a lot of people off, that idea being a patch dedicated only to a mega-dungeon. However, seeing where they are going in 8.3 with the Heart Chamber and the Forge of Originiation, they could have tied the story of Mechagon to what they are doing now with the Heart of Azeroth + Forge of Origination. Like we needed some super advanced technology from Mechagon to "save" the Heart Chamber or some shit... or even that machine King Mechagon was using to turn gnomes into mechagnomes.

So the "Mechagon only" patch would have been King Mechagon revealing himself and his intentions to Azeroth and using that weapons on everything and everyone. We then have to go there, save the day, blah blah blah, kill the boss, loot the things, take the weapon technology and use it at the Forge of Origination.

"Rise of Azshara" should have been 8.3 and the ending of Eternal Palace raid should have directly lead us to a "N'Zoth released and reigns supreme" expansion. A 8.3.5 patch could have been the shit with the "Visions of N'Zoth" scenarios that would also serve as bridge between BfA to __________.

^Just my thoughts/opinions on it. Nothing more.

Again, I'm not bitter or anything about N'Zoth being regulated to a fucking patch.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2020-01-06 at 03:01 PM.

Because unlike them N'zoth has been getting built up since his name drop in 4.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    Because unlike them N'zoth has been getting built up since his name drop in 4.3.
    Arguably before that, since the effects of his corruption were far-reaching even before we got his name in Cataclysm.

And C'thun and Yogg-Saron weren't fully unleashed like N'zoth is.

Current N'zoth >>>>>>>>>>>>>> the C'thun and Yogg-Saron we fought