unlocking mechagnomes allied race

ok, so... please correct me if i'm wrong, and sorry if this was discussed before. but... is this locked behind.... a mythic only dungeon? did I understand it right?

Operation: Mechagon will get a Heroic difficulty version, splitting the dungeon in two parts, for 8.3, which is released on 14th/15th of January, depending on region.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    Operation: Mechagon will get a Heroic difficulty version, splitting the dungeon in two parts, for 8.3, which is released on 14th/15th of January, depending on region.
    I do not understand why this was not available initially. Like they did in Siege of Boralus. I though at least, they will learn from that. But apparently not, or forgot, or did not care, or a different team and no communication between them, or ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    I do not understand why this was not available initially. Like they did in Siege of Boralus. I though at least, they will learn from that. But apparently not, or forgot, or did not care, or a different team and no communication between them, or ...
    Because Operation: Mechagon is like Karazhan not Siege of Boralus.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Because Operation: Mechagon is like Karazhan not Siege of Boralus.
    And this is relevant because ... ? If they were not making a heroic version, which I guess means it will be available in LFD, then may I understand the comparison. In they are making it a heroic version and possible in available in LFD, then I fail to see the how the comparison with Karazhan is relevant. Now I have not done Mechagon yet, only returned to the game recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    that's good to know, thanks. cause right now, that's just.. not really doable for me :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    that's good to know, thanks. cause right now, that's just.. not really doable for me :/
    Heroic will be pretty easy to get through. The current mythic version can be quite difficult if you don't outgear it (its tuned at around +6 or so), but it will be easier in 8.3 to make way for Mythic+ versions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    And this is relevant because ... ? If they were not making a heroic version, which I guess means it will be available in LFD, then may I understand the comparison. In they are making it a heroic version and possible in available in LFD, then I fail to see the how the comparison with Karazhan is relevant. Now I have not done Mechagon yet, only returned to the game recently.
    The comparison is entirely relevant because each is an "epic mega-dungeon" that started as a single-difficulty mythic only, and gets a 2-wing heroic version in a later patch for people who are adverse to running Mythic dungeons. Both were tuned higher than other 'default' mythics with better loot, both have a timed/hardmode boss event with a special mount drop, etc.

And Blizzard themselves have referred to Operation Mechagon as the 'Return to Karazhan of BFA'.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Heroic will be pretty easy to get through. The current mythic version can be quite difficult if you don't outgear it (its tuned at around +6 or so), but it will be easier in 8.3 to make way for Mythic+ versions.

- - - Updated - - -

The comparison is entirely relevant because each is an "epic mega-dungeon" that started as a single-difficulty mythic only, and gets a 2-wing heroic version in a later patch for people who are adverse to running Mythic dungeons. Both were tuned higher than other 'default' mythics with better loot, both have a timed/hardmode boss event with a special mount drop, etc.

And Blizzard themselves have referred to Operation Mechagon as the 'Return to Karazhan of BFA'.
    I'm glad they are making it more accessible with a patch, but I honestly have to question exactly what is going through their minds when they create something like that as part of the otherwise single player story. I mean... i've yet to do Darzalor either, even though its a conclusion to the main story horde side :/
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2020-01-06 at 07:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad they are making it more accessible with a patch, but I honestly have to question exactly what is going through their minds when they create something like that as part of the otherwise single player story. I mean... i've yet to do Darzalor either, even though its a conclusion to the main story horde side :/
    I sympathize, but ultimately an MMO is going to steer us toward playing with other people, more often than not.

Don't take that rudely or anything, I understand not wanting to bother with other people in online games. Just a glance at forums like this one lets you know what kind of 'sparkling' personalities you're likely to encounter.

Operation: Mechagon is a great dungeon with fun/interesting bosses, so hopefully you enjoy it whenever you run to unlock your Mechagnomes.

I found it pretty easy. Make your own group, watch some videos, and you're good. Most people who are high ilevel know it already so you shouldn't have to do much explaining. The mechanics arn't overly hard or anything. Really, there are 2 hard bosses in the entire place tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you not have to be Exalted with Rustbolt Resistance?

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Do you not have to be Exalted with Rustbolt Resistance?
    You do. That mythic dungeon is one thing you can't do solo though.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

I sympathize, but ultimately an MMO is going to steer us toward playing with other people, more often than not.

Don't take that rudely or anything, I understand not wanting to bother with other people in online games. Just a glance at forums like this one lets you know what kind of 'sparkling' personalities you're likely to encounter.

Operation: Mechagon is a great dungeon with fun/interesting bosses, so hopefully you enjoy it whenever you run to unlock your Mechagnomes.
    its not that I have an issue with grouping, i group all the time. its the I have an issue with mythic specifically, because 1. i'm a dirty casual nowadays, so there is a reason i stick to lfr and random world quest groups - I haven't bothered to farm gear beyond being able to do lowest tier of content, my essences are mostly unupgraded and definitely NOT optimized, etc. 2. mythic is NOT in lfr even if it wasn't significant jump in difficulty, which it is. 3. solo stories should remain solo throughout. IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I found it pretty easy. Make your own group, watch some videos, and you're good. Most people who are high ilevel know it already so you shouldn't have to do much explaining. The mechanics arn't overly hard or anything. Really, there are 2 hard bosses in the entire place tbh.
    it may be easy for you. I however haven't stepped foot outside of lfr with exception of kind people gifting ahead of the curve mounts carries and one mythic in legion, the one with Helya once, cause at the time one of my alts was in actual guild with people and they didn't mind a noob coming along to a keyless run. simply put, i'm not good enough for mythics and I don't care enough about harder group content in wow to bother with "gitting gud" I just want to unlock alliance races so that i could make more alts, while collecting pets, mounts and toys.

P.S. i AM exalted with rustbolt, ironically I found it to be one of the easiest reps to get exalted with, since you have that 1k rep daily, whereas other reps, you only really get large chunk of it whenever emissary cache comes around.

10+ Year Old Account
    its not that I have an issue with grouping, i group all the time. its the I have an issue with mythic specifically, because 1. i'm a dirty casual nowadays, so there is a reason i stick to lfr and random world quest groups - I haven't bothered to farm gear beyond being able to do lowest tier of content, my essences are mostly unupgraded and definitely NOT optimized, etc. 2. mythic is NOT in lfr even if it wasn't significant jump in difficulty, which it is. 3. solo stories should remain solo throughout. IMO.

it may be easy for you. I however haven't stepped foot outside of lfr with exception of kind people gifting ahead of the curve mounts carries and one mythic in legion, the one with Helya once, cause at the time one of my alts was in actual guild with people and they didn't mind a noob coming along to a keyless run. simply put, i'm not good enough for mythics and I don't care enough about harder group content in wow to bother with "gitting gud" I just want to unlock alliance races so that i could make more alts, while collecting pets, mounts and toys.

P.S. i AM exalted with rustbolt, ironically I found it to be one of the easiest reps to get exalted with, since you have that 1k rep daily, whereas other reps, you only really get large chunk of it whenever emissary cache comes around.
    Despite what these forums would have you believe, there's nothing wrong (at all) with being a casual gamer. WoW is, itself, a casual MMO and always has been. So don't feel like you have to disparage yourself or justify yourself to anyone for that.

Some of my best friends in WoW, some of the kindest and most fun people I've met, are casual-type people that mostly do solo stuff and collect things. I'll take 'dirty casuals' over elitist, arrogant morons any day of the week.

In any case, you should be good to unlock the Mechagnomes once 8.3 hits!

Quote Originally Posted by Rioriel View Post
    I play similar to you. I've barely touched an instance in BFA, but joined a social guild and just dived on in when someone said "looking for XYZ" and had my arse carried through a couple.

Haven't unlocked Kul'Tirans yet cos I've not gone into Shrine of the Storm (?), or Motherlode for the Dark Iron. If no one shouts for a run, balls to it, just solo it in 9.0. Nothing's preventing you from ABC, except for time.

Sometimes you gotta put the effort in, and sometimes it involves just tagging along, apologising and dying, 20 minutes of faff. You can do it.

(Edit: That was meant to be motivating and sympathetic, apologies if that came across patronising. If you're in EU and alliance, poke me and we can hassle people to drag us through)
    hang on. HANG ON. are you saying that you need to do dungeons on alliance side to unlock those races????? (cause you don't have to on horde side to unlock zandalari trolls and Maggar - my alliance alt hasn't started BFA yet, I've been kinda slowly playing her instead of rushing through)

i AM regrettably to your kind offer - on US realm at this point I'm thinking I'll just wait for lfr version :/

- - - Updated - - -

Despite what these forums would have you believe, there's nothing wrong (at all) with being a casual gamer. WoW is, itself, a casual MMO and always has been. So don't feel like you have to disparage yourself or justify yourself to anyone for that.

Some of my best friends in WoW, some of the kindest and most fun people I've met, are casual-type people that mostly do solo stuff and collect things. I'll take 'dirty casuals' over elitist, arrogant morons any day of the week.
    <3 i did used to raid but that was many years and expansions ago, when i was younger and could actualy last through a 3-4 hours of full focus not something i can do anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    <3 i did used to raid but that was many years and expansions ago, when i was younger and could actualy last through a 3-4 hours of full focus not something i can do anymore.
    I understand that. My raid group goes 2 and a half hours, twice a week, and I can barely stomach that at this point.

it sounds like you're just paranoid and afraid of mythics when they're really not that hard at all with a small bit of preparation (watching videos)

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    it sounds like you're just paranoid and afraid of mythics when they're really not that hard at all with a small bit of preparation (watching videos)
    sigh... "not that hard" is relative to your personal ability. understanding mechanics =/= being able to execute them. again.. a matter of personal ability.
    given that I need to take a break after every timewalking dungeon i run, because they take that much out of me, especially healing some groups who while thinking "its not that hard" pull multiple trash packs at once - I think my "not that hard" and your "not that hard" are going to be two very different beasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rioriel View Post
    It appears just a normal run through is enough, but I've not done either yet.

I've not unlocked ANY allied race yet heh.
    huh.. still seems unfair since horde races do not require a dungeon run . compensation for Darzalor being hellish hellscape to navigate compared to Boralus? :P (two BFA Alliance alliance races are the only ones that i'm missing pre upcoming patch, but I'm not in too much of a rush TBH)

I understand that. My raid group goes 2 and a half hours, twice a week, and I can barely stomach that at this point.
    /hugs. there are many advantages to getting older, but this is not one of them sadly.