Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yes, i would. And for once the alliance would get a cool allied race, that has lore etc.
    And that is why it will not happen.

They will either make it blue, fat or something like that. Or give them to the horde and we get cow dryad like hero's.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    For the sake or argument, the blood elves hated the amani and gurubashi tribes. The trolls in the Horde are from a different tribe, though, some won't see any difference.
    Indeed, a distinction that was used to help justify why this was possible - can similar not be used and created for the numerous Centaur tribes. And there are the orcs ofc, where blood elves all of a sudden dont mind being allied with them after WC2, and we are suddenly to be believe that the blood elves hate humanity and the alliiacne for Arthas actions when Lordaeron was even more of a victim than Quel'thalas and the surviving humans fought and continue to fight the undead with all they got.

But that iddn't matter, the blood elves still joined, and we accepted it. If we can accept (not that we have a choice), blood elves on the horde, I don't think Centaurs or at least a Centaur tribe joing is beyond belief.

AFterall, aren't the Drakspears similar/ a tribe of one of the troll races, that joins the horde in a sotory setting that showed that troll race enemies of Thralls orcs. i'd buy it in the context of what's been shown before. Wouldn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Centaurs are major enemies of the horde and the taurens
    Meanwhile, Tauren can grind centaur reputation in Desolace.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So what you are saying is:

Do you want playable dressable horses with hands?

Long: No thanks.
    Short: No.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    I've always wanted centaurs, just not WoW centaurs, the centaurs in Crowfall I think the game is called look amazing, roman legion kinda vibe
    Which is the standard in centaurs.. wow centaurs have a differnt vibe luckily, still not playable material if you ask me.

I would, I love the Tauren/Centaur rivalry and think they'd fit right in. Their only problem, like Naga, is armor. Hell, they can be their own mount! But if Mechagnomes are a sign of things to come with leg transmog need not apply, then we might finally see playable Naga, making races like Centaur also possible. I can see gear becoming obsolete, at least lower body gear with Blizzard putting less emphasis on tier sets and more focus on customize options.

Absolutely, i'd freaking love a non humanoid race

Got old footage of WoW during its beta days of them possibly being a playable race, but didn't work out too well when it came to mounts;

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I forgot about the mount situation. Perhaps a good time to re-introduce Plainsrunning then.
    dryads/centaurs could use a plainsrunning/running wild type thing but wouldnt be able to use any other ground mounts and especially not flying mounts
    Last edited by gd8; 2020-01-06 at 04:29 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    We can also grind rep with high elf group.

/horse

Their would be things blizz would have to figure out, but I'd personally love to

Something fun to note as well, is that Centaurs are also presumably cannibals - which the Forsaken, and at one point Trolls also were. Turning to Shamanism doesn't seem to dissuade the Centaur from this like it did the Trolls, though, though it could be possible that shamanistic insight from the Orcs could turn the Centaur away from it like they did the Trolls. If the Centaur weren't cannibals anymore, they may have less reason to fight the Tauren. If the Tauren were also willing to give land to the Centaur, they may not have any reason to fight at all.

I think because of the mount issue the best bet for alliance would be the bipedal satyr/dryad-esque people from shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post

Which is the standard in centaurs.. wow centaurs have a differnt vibe luckily, still not playable material if you ask me.
    In their current state ofc not, but when races become playable they have lore and development pumped into them.. Draenei and Worgen being classic examples, Centaurs would obviously get developed a lot more, and get awesome models - especially if they join the horde.

I'm thinking they'd look more like the Centaurs from harry Potter, I quite liked that look. Probably give them the same dangerous edge/vibe too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    I think because of the mount issue the best bet for alliance would be the bipedal satyr/dryad-esque people from shadowlands
    My thoughts were Cenarians and Centaurs would be able to have dual bi-pedal form.. Centaurs and their druidic magic allows them to humanoid shapeshift and we should have a history of sometimes being amongst night elves in that form , especially when accessing areas only possible on 2 legs.. this is obviously created to allow you to fly other types of flying mounts.

An aviianna blessing could possibly give the Cenarians and Cenatuarus Pegasus like wings when they need to fly, and that's the racial flight mount, it's more a spell called Avianna's blessing, the wings disappearing on land, but to allow you to jump on other mounts, they are able to temporarily shift to a bi-pedal form.

Your picture could work for the Cenataurs bi-pedal form, the Cenarian can just be night elf... I would say the form is only used for mounting, and possibly out combat like worgen is possible if they give it a lot of detail, but definitely the purpose is for mounting.

I think that could work.

no
    /tencharacters

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Centaurs for Horde? they are the mortal enemies of the Taurens.. makes no sense when those races have been enemies for years to suddenly become best friends.
    There are the two clans in Desolace that are friendly.

Something fun to note as well, is that Centaurs are also presumably cannibals - which the Forsaken, and at one point Trolls also were. Turning to Shamanism doesn't seem to dissuade the Centaur from this like it did the Trolls, though, though it could be possible that shamanistic insight from the Orcs could turn the Centaur away from it like they did the Trolls. If the Centaur weren't cannibals anymore, they may have less reason to fight the Tauren. If the Tauren were also willing to give land to the Centaur, they may not have any reason to fight at all.
    It doesn't even have to be dissuaded, as far as i know, only Darkspears are not cannibals, and I think Zandalari (although I'm not 100% sure, can't fully remember)... and I think cannibalism exists amongst the darkspears, just not common any longer, and certainly frowned upoon in public amongst other horde races, but likely not amongst themselves.. I'm not the troll expect though.

However whatever Centaur tribe or faction they use could easily be non-cannibals. I presume not ALL the centaur are cannibals, but most could be. Centaurs in their current form would need development too.. i would probalby tell the story of a watershed change in them after the events of Maraudon, and link the excessive violence and savagery they initially had to affairs emanating from the corruption that eventually got dealt with in classic during the instance, including the artifacts we find.

I would then spin the story of the change and introduce the new upgraded centaur models, and a developing culture, that now without the madeness is shown to be as intelligent as their Cenarian counterparts. But while the Cnearians are very much into nature and don't care about development or such things, the Cenaturs are far more progressive minded, and when we meet them agian, they are making rapid progress giving htem tribal, yet advancingg young race feel very similar to the orcs.

I would only add hatred, rivalry or both of the Cenarians would be the basis for why they don't join the alliance. Might create some extra drama and new stories that show a build up in hostilities. This hatred is more racial motivated, rateher than curse driven like the Tauren one was, therefore while some tribes can mend fences or even weren't guilty of taking part in the Tauren/Cen-taur wars. all Centaurs have a jealousy/hate/rivalry with the cenarians - Cenarius is progenity of the entire line - and thus would never ally with anyone they were associated with. And tsince the night elves are heavily associated with the Cenarians and actually look like half the Cenarians, they are also become an object of hate or rivalry which makes alliance participation zero. It also helps that most Centaur are in Desolace and Barrens - making orcs and tauren allies.

I wonder if they toy with making the Centaur half bull (lower half) instead of horse - they rae called Cen-taur after all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Would rather have Tol'vir tbh.

No, I would not.

Not arguing the lore, but-- from an aesthetic viewpoint?

Sure, they beat Junker Gnomes and/or Lightbound Forsaken, that's for sure.

Personally, I'd like to see Ankoan (with a bunch of unique anims), Broken and Arakkoa for the Alliance.
    Mogu, Mok'nathal and Ogres for the Horde. Although Arakkoa and Ogres would make for good full on races.

7+ Year Old Account
    exceptions happen, humans are major enemies of the horde, but we did some allies with the kul'tirans

this don't mean kul'ltirans will be playabe in horde