Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    What if..there was someone controlling N'zoth?
    Well... technically he could be, since he's bound to carry the Void Lords' will, as were his BFFs C'thun, Yoggy and Y'Sharaj.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I mean they arnt. It's your fault you decided to look at incomplete text, fights. And a minor unfinished cinematic and ruin the surprise for yourself with incomplete gameplay.
    You know what? I really hope it is my fault, and you are right. Truly. Thanks for keeping my inner light.

Quote Originally Posted by Synros View Post
    What are you talking about? Blizz has a great track record with their cinematics.

If you honestly think the raid is going to end with that in game cutscene, then you're just being foolish at this point... The name of the patch is a huge hint as to what's going on, but the problem is people are just too caught up in hating Blizzard for the sake of hating them, to see what's actually going on.
    I am talking in relation to there being a "hidden cinematic". I am extremely doubtful there is a substantial hidden cinematic for the N'zoth kill. I would love to be proven wrong but Blizz has a bad track record of just killing off extremely built up characters with zero fanfare.

A LOT of the hate against Blizzard is justified and your blind defense is just as bad as hating on them blindly. I said I can HOPE there will be one but until they start treating important characters with an ounce of care, I will be cautious to get excited.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    He was overhyped anyway. I'm glad they deleted him like that. Although I wish they hadn't tried to make him sound like an actual threat, he wasn't.
    This line of thought is the reason we have zero good villains in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    It obviously isn't the end of N'Zoth, as if Blizzard blatantly foreshadowing it at Blizzcon wasn't clear enough. He and the other Old Gods will be back either in the final stage of Shadowlands or in the upcoming Light and Void expansion.

Want even more evidence that N'Zoth's defeat doesn't mean much? After his fall, Alleria's whispers have worsened and new voices have joined the chorus. The Old God storyline is not over.
    I'm sure we'll see more of the Old Gods, like manifestations, or voices, or even Void infused bodies of them inside the realm of the Void itself, but...

In terms of their physical presence in the real world, they're done.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Physically weakest, by far the strongest when it came to manipulation and overall effect on our planet, even while imprisoned.
    Even Yogg get that title. He influenced and manipulated the most.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    I am talking in relation to there being a "hidden cinematic". I am extremely doubtful there is a substantial hidden cinematic for the N'zoth kill. I would love to be proven wrong but Blizz has a bad track record of just killing off extremely built up characters with zero fanfare.

A LOT of the hate against Blizzard is justified and your blind defense is just as bad as hating on them blindly. I said I can HOPE there will be one but until they start treating important characters with an ounce of care, I will be cautious to get excited.

- - - Updated - - -

This line of thought is the reason we have zero good villains in the game.
    We have zero good villains because they’re designed for raid barks such as “Die mortal!”, “Cruuuushhh!” And “I AM THE ENDLESS!”. N’zoth never had any personality. Just “Ooh look how poundland lovecraft I am! So unfathomable and mysterious! But not really”. I was sick of Blizzard pretending he as a threat after they had us whack two titans last expansion.

Story power creep is another reason we have no good villains, it’s hard to take people fretting about Bigbad McTentacle seriously when they’re whining about Sylvanas’ army being ”the only one capable of defeating N’zoth” when in reality any 20 fuckwits with at least a double digit IQ will do. Bad guys don’t win with writers like the ones WoW has.

Quote Originally Posted by Timester View Post
    Even Yogg get that title. He influenced and manipulated the most.
    Yoggs prison was shattered which allowed his influence to spread, N'zoth wasn't fortunate enough to have a shattered prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Pick one.

Raid boss ends up in another raid or dungeon = blizzard is lazy and recycling.
    Raid boss dies in their raid = blizzard is lazy and not creative.

We have zero good villains because they’re designed for raid barks such as “Die mortal!”, “Cruuuushhh!” And “I AM THE ENDLESS!”. N’zoth never had any personality. Just “Ooh look how poundland lovecraft I am! So unfathomable and mysterious! But not really”. I was sick of Blizzard pretending he as a threat after they had us whack two titans last expansion.

Story power creep is another reason we have no good villains, it’s hard to take people fretting about Bigbad McTentacle seriously when they’re whining about Sylvanas’ army being ”the only one capable of defeating N’zoth” when in reality any 20 fuckwits with at least a double digit IQ will do. Bad guys don’t win with writers like the ones WoW has.
    Here's somebody who didn't do the Gift of N'zoth quest.

You know i would be glad of not killing n'zoth like EVER. Just defeating him and have more than just 1 raid, until he is weak and dies after so long without being on a raid, weak, somewhere, and a yell on the city "N'zoth has died, we did it", it could be anytime. If we had like, a expansion and not a patch.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Pick one.

Raid boss ends up in another raid or dungeon = blizzard is lazy and recycling.
    Raid boss dies in their raid = blizzard is lazy and not creative.

Raid boss dies in their raid after a proper expansion/zone. I will pick this one.

But yeah I agree with your 'not creative' words when they get rid of Teldrassil Nazjatar and Ny'alotha and Sargeras sword and the Faction war to promote one 4d chess mastermind scheme. I think we are already facing 'recycling' villain. Can't wait to face her creative story in next expansion.
    Last edited by Trient; 2020-01-07 at 02:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post

Lol "my blind defense"? I've been unsubbed for the last 4 months... There's a ton of validate criticism to lob at Blizzard, especially in regards to their business decisions and pandering to China. But people crying about how awful Blizzard is at telling a story just because they personally don't like a character or because they can't predict where the story is going, are really not "justified". Sure, you're entitled to your opinion. But that's all it is, an opinion. But instead, there are people literally harassing Blizzard employees because of it. That's what I have a problem with.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Here's somebody who didn't do the Gift of N'zoth quest.
    I did it, I’m wearing the stupid thing now because I thought I needed it for the toy that lets me kill my own faction. Is this somehow supposed to make him scary or threatening?

N'zoth's cinematic is Thrall vs Deathwing 2.0
    The bad guy will be blasted away with a magic beem from a magic device being charged!Blizzard are soooooooo "original"
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Arguably before that, since the effects of his corruption were far-reaching even before we got his name in Cataclysm.

And C'thun and Yogg-Saron weren't fully unleashed like N'zoth is.

Current N'zoth >>>>>>>>>>>>>> the C'thun and Yogg-Saron we fought
    There's not really any evidence to support that N'zoth is stronger than what we fought though (outside of in-game mechanics like our level being higher, etc).

The only thing we know for a fact is that N'zoth was the weakest in terms of physical strength. In terms of actual strength, his physical form in combat may be stronger, weaker, or similar in strength to the fragmented power of C'thun or Yogg-Saron that we fought; there's no factual evidence to support the theory that a fully unleashed N'zoth is stronger than the other two's weakened forms.

N'zoth had massive buildup and will be the last boss in an expansion, just like many bosses before him like Garrosh, the Lich King, and Deathwing. Be glad that we got a solid end boss for the expansion as opposed to an ass-pull final boss like Archimonde who just randomly was summoned onto Draenor instead of a Gul'dan fight or Argus who was invented out of nowhere last expansion despite there being zero lore around him and Sargeras randomly finding a sleeping Titan that is never mentioned in Chronicle or through the entire expansion in any way while casually looking for some lieutenants for his army.

I'd much rather deal with N'zoth after him having plenty of buildup for multiple expansions (including this one with Uldir, Crucible of Storms, Xala'tath quests) than another random nobody that doesn't matter and then having to wait for another 2 expansions for a proper N'zoth fight and in the meantime killing random nobodies in his place. What, we kill Sylvanas as a raid boss for 8.3? Then we have Siege of Orgrimmar 2.0 like people complained it was looking like all expansion and people are pissed. What other options are there? You can't use Azshara again so soon after just having Eternal Palace, bringing in the caged Sargeras makes no sense, having a revenge city raid on Stormwind for Dazar'alor doesn't really make sense (aside from the fact that Teldrassil is smores central already), so the only options were either piss everyone off with SoO 2.0 after promising that wasn't it all expansion, N'zoth, or an ass-pull nobody boss which is how they ended last expansion and people were pissed.

Another thing I'd like to point out is that having an entire expansion for N'zoth is realistically going against his own lore. He's supposed to be cunning and deceptive, which we can all agree on I think. If that's the case and he's had tens of thousands of years to plot and scheme and prepare for his release and is basically playing 5D chess around our brains, how much sense does it make that he'd sit on his laurels and casually have like 2 or 3 raid patches before him where his plans are just catastrophically failing left and right? One of the most intelligent and cunning enemies we've ever had to deal with suddenly becomes a complete dimwit and can't manage to string together a victory over the course of multiple patches and raid events? That goes against everything that we know about N'zoth; him moving forward with his plans immediately upon release in an attempt to catch Azeroth unaware makes much more sense. So unless that expansion was based around bringing back the other Old Gods and having them as the precursor raid bosses (which makes no sense since they were all vying for supremacy originally), having N'zoth as an expansion finale for his own expansion just doesn't make much sense. And if that were the case, it'd be Legion all over again where we'd all be sick of the same exact aesthetic in pretty much every raid for the entire expansion, which people are still complaining about today with the expansion after it nearly wrapped up.

What it comes down to is Blizzard had 3 realistic options and N'zoth was the lesser of the evils compared to SoO 2.0 and another rando no-name end boss like last expansion.
    Last edited by Cronovey; 2020-01-07 at 09:09 AM.

Sounds about right considering Blizzard in the last few years.

The amount of people who are unironically defending N'Zoth's dogshit defeat is hilarious, MMO-Champion truly is filled with brainless drones just like everyone says

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Read some about the patch notes and datamined dialogue, then saw the cutscene, anyway, for a villain that has been teased for years, that has been behind a lot of stuff, is this it? Just one patch and THAT dealing with the biggest villain in wow history aside from Sargeras?
    Wtf are you talking about?

First of all, he wasn't the 2nd biggest villain in WoW history. He didn't even exist a few expansions back, but all his story and whatever were later added.
    Second, we killed C'Thun, Yogg-Saron and technically Yshaarj in one patch with almost no setup, besides Yogg and Cthun playing a presence in their expansion (and well vanilla).

N'Zoth has played a big role since 7.0 and he's now the endboss of BfA with getting his own patch and raid, despite being a more recent lore addition and despite being the weakest Old Gold. I think he got plenty of screen time. Or do you really want Blizzard to give us so much N'Zoth stuff (like a dedicated expansion on top of everything) that we get tired of anything Old God related for the next decade?

It's like how everyone was tired of Blackrock Foundry right when it came out (unrelated to all the shortcomings WoD had). Like, what an amazing raid, but it came soon after 14 months of Siege of Orgrimmar so everyone hated it.

- - - Updated - - -

This is why Blizz should work on WoW 2 or think of some way to reset "us" completely. They did that at the end of Legion with the artifacts breaking so that we aren't literal gods lorewise anymore, but it's still BS somehow how we went from destroying the biggest threat to the universe back to just doing "regular" stuff.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2020-01-07 at 11:49 AM.

I did it, I’m wearing the stupid thing now because I thought I needed it for the toy that lets me kill my own faction. Is this somehow supposed to make him scary or threatening?
    No, but during that questline, he definitely has the potential to be more than "big scary tentacly raid boss that scares and whispers threatening things to you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people keep saying "ohh N'zoth is the weakest" asif that makes any of this okay.

He's the only one that managed to get FREE, shouldn't that count for something? Even if he is weaker than the others they wern't really free like him which is why we were able to take them on in the first place.