10+ Year Old Account
    Almost picked up Shadow of War from the Steam sale, glad I held off. Rest of the bundle though, meh.
    Last edited by sirmixalot; 2020-01-03 at 09:07 PM. Reason: more words

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a fantastic time with Shadow of War. I found it a big step up from Mordor across the board and was surprised at how much of a challenge the regular combat could potentially become. I had to think tactically a lot of the time rather than brute forcing my way through orcs. A thing to explode with an arrow, a lone orc in the distance I could teleport to and consume to heal myself and often even a potential escape route. The skill tree is very customisable and there are legitimately difficult choices to make as far as point distribution goes. For example, you can pick to either have a summonable mount that can be used indoors (great for boss fights), a larger version that is restricted to outdoors but has a ton of hp and damage output, or a drake that you can use to fly around the world and get to destinations super fast as well as attack orcs from a distance.

The nemesis system was the highlight of Mordor and as expected it is expanded upon for War. The maps are bigger, the visuals are what they are. The story isn't amazing but isn't dull either. If you played Mordor then you'll have investment in the main hero and what his fate ultimately is.

I'd strongly recommend this game to anybody who is a fan of open world or action or even just fantasy role playing.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That bundle is definitely tempting, but the only ones I really want on it are Shadow of War, Graveyard Keeper, and Two Point Hospital. Hell, I still have a backlog of games I need to play, especially the ones I recently bought. Might end up getting this one though, seems like it's worth the 15 bucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Funnily enough, my coworkers were just talking about what a great bundle next month's was (one was pausing though cos he already owned half the games). Bad North is supposed to be great, if you like that genre, and I've heard good things about Shadow of War, Two Point Hospital, Whispers of Machine, and Graveyard Keeper.

Most of the games seem to be genres I don't personally like so I think the majority of this bundle will go to the spouse or to my give-away sheet but it doesn't seem awful objectively. Whispers of Machine is probably the only game I personally am interested in, as it's supposed to be a really good Point N Click, which I like.
    The only game I remotely care about on that list is Shadow of War, which I own.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    My brother's been playing Bad North. It's a very basic little squad-management RTS, looks like a fun, simple game. And if Shadow of War is anything like Shadow of Morder, it'll be a solid open world ARPG (and by all accounts it is).
    After they toned back the end-game, it became a very playable game. Before that it was super pay-to-win though

Shadow of War is just an ok, I'm just going to give people a heads up on. In some ways, it improves a little upon Mordor. But then you have the dumbshit fortress game, crap controls, crap item/equipment system, and an ok story.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I buy very few games and honestly continuing the classic plan for me is great. I am literally still catching up from months behind of what i want to play and finish... what is mostly the reason i am behind try to complete too much in too little time.

If you buy games often bought games that were recommended at the time of their release to be must haves than this bundle deal is far less attractive.

Threw a public game up for grabs. (no points, it was a gift by something or other in the past)

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I buy very few games and honestly continuing the classic plan for me is great. I am literally still catching up from months behind of what i want to play and finish... what is mostly the reason i am behind try to complete too much in too little time.

If you buy games often bought games that were recommended at the time of their release to be must haves than this bundle deal is far less attractive.
    And you can always sell them for TF2 keys, and trade those for the games you DO want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Threw a public game up for grabs. (no points, it was a gift by something or other in the past)

And you can always sell them for TF2 keys, and trade those for the games you DO want.
    Oh yes, you can gift them now the duplicates that is pretty nice.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty decent Star Deal on Fanatical.

Life is Strange Season 2

55% off from 39.99 euro's so 17.99

Cheaper than the Steam sale if i am not mistaken?

ah heck i wasnt paying attention and didnt realize there were more than 10 games this bundle and missed out on mages. oh well.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    ah heck i wasnt paying attention and didnt realize there were more than 10 games this bundle and missed out on mages. oh well.
    And Grid, what is one of the better games in that bundle in my opinion at least.

Best to hold off and just grab what you intend to play instead of adding just everything to steam honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    And Grid, what is one of the better games in that bundle in my opinion at least.

Best to hold off and just grab what you intend to play instead of adding just everything to steam honestly.
    Wasnt grid/grid2 for free at some point though?

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Wasnt grid/grid2 for free at some point though?
    Grid 1 and 2 were both if I remember correctly, unless I got one from a bundle. I have both. There also seems to be some confusion with the game in that bundle. It's Grip not Grid, which looks like an okay game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BarelyLegalBear View Post
    Grid 1 and 2 were both if I remember correctly, unless I got one from a bundle. I have both. There also seems to be some confusion with the game in that bundle. It's Grip not Grid, which looks like an okay game.
    Ah yes it's Grip, that last letter in the logo really looks like a D on first sight though

10+ Year Old Account
    So question about the Humble Choice. I activated it for this one because three games were on my wishlist. You know how Humble will automatically charge your account around the 25th of the month? Do they still do that? If so, would it be better to immediately pause now, and then wait for the games to be revealed before activating it for next month?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    So question about the Humble Choice. I activated it for this one because three games were on my wishlist. You know how Humble will automatically charge your account around the 25th of the month? Do they still do that? If so, would it be better to immediately pause now, and then wait for the games to be revealed before activating it for next month?
    It still auto-deducts towards the end of the month. If you go to My Subscription > Manage My Subscription it will show you the date they'll bill you.

Also @Immitis if you missed out on Mages and can wait a few days I can send you a key for it.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    It still auto-deducts towards the end of the month. If you go to My Subscription > Manage My Subscription it will show you the date they'll bill you.

Also @Immitis if you missed out on Mages and can wait a few days I can send you a key for it.
    I guess the second part of that question is, when are the games revealed? I was hoping that would happen first, and I could then choose to pause, instead of pausing first and then unpausing if I like it. Sorry, I paid like zero attention to all of this until I realized at the last minute that the recent one had three games on my wishlist, plus Shadows of War and Street Fighter 5.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I guess the second part of that question is, when are the games revealed? I was hoping that would happen first, and I could then choose to pause, instead of pausing first and then unpausing if I like it. Sorry, I paid like zero attention to all of this until I realized at the last minute that the recent one had three games on my wishlist, plus Shadows of War and Street Fighter 5.
    The games seem to be revealed on the first or second of the month. I assume you could pause the month at anytime before the automatic deduction.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post

wow thanks!

i dont have much to offer but if you want any of these i have spare keys for them

re: revelations
    tomb raider
    the walking dead season 1, 2 and 400 days
    hand of fate
    dead island
    saints row 1 and 2
    deus ex human revolution
    hitman absolution
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

so, I did a huge clearout and gaveaway a ton of my old keys that were unused! so my list is much shorter now! bear in mind, I get every game from humble's new humble choice because I'm a legacy account.

Standard rules apply.

Humble 2020-

Shadow of the Tomb Raider
    Dead in vinland
    Aegis Defenders
    Desert Child
    Blasphemous
    Horizon Chase Turbo
    Dark Future : Blood red states
    Ancestors Legacy
    Middle Earth : Shadow of war
    Street Fighter V
    Whispers of a machine
    Them's fightin' herds
    Bad North : Jotunn Edition
    Graveyard Keeper
    Mages of Mystalria
    Trailmakers
    Grip Combat racing +1 dlc
    Unrailed
    Dirt rally 2.0 + 3 DLC's
    Two point hospital.

Infracted. -Lucetia
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2020-01-08 at 06:24 PM.
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

free game on HB, headsnatchers: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/h...hers-free-game

Also Sundered eldritch edition for free on EGS,. even if the store is bad the game is GREAT.
    - https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-U...h-edition/home
    steam version:
    - https://store.steampowered.com/app/5...ritch_Edition/
    Great game, i kid you not. Well worth the money if you're into MVs. - and it's even got multiplayer now.

Threw another random on the public area:

Big bundle on Fanatical for about 4.50$, 21 games and 3 dlc.
    https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/playway-mega-bundle
    Last edited by bbr; 2020-01-10 at 08:48 PM.