Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Black Widow as a film has no purpose in the franchise if it doesn't establish a replacement for Scarjo going forward. If that doesn't happen in the film, it means it was only made to satisfy her ego or some contract they already had with her.
    Who's to say she won't come back. Gamora did.

Well, BW died. Gamora only came back because of the other dimension so...
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Gamora and BW died in the exact same way, so...
    However, the Gamora we have now came from another universe. The BW we have now is a red splat on the ground.

And? They're the ones who created the alternate timeline, via removal of infinity stones, to create that Gamora. They can easily do the same for BW.
    Except they won't. They only used time travel to set things right, even then things got messed up with Thanos, and then they sent them (the stones) back in time so things could play out like they did. Plus, if they wanted to get the Soul Stone, they'd have to sacrifice someone else. Which they won't. She's dead and it's 99% likely it's going to stay that way.

Why would they have to get the soul stone? Nab one of the others, go get her, replace the other stone. I'm not saying they'll go that route, but thinking she has to remain dead when they've clearly set up the rules for bringing her back is kinda silly.

What stone would you nab to go get her? None of them resurrect in the MCU and again, you're messing with time travel. They're not going to possibly mess up the timeline in which they won.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Black Widow as a film has no purpose in the franchise if it doesn't establish a replacement for Scarjo going forward. If that doesn't happen in the film, it means it was only made to satisfy her ego or some contract they already had with her.
    Why though? The MCU is now big enough that it can do stand-alone stories for characters if they want to.

There's also ample time in the Snap window for extra sequel material if they want it, plus they can always comic book her back to life if they want the character to continue in the universe.

Also there's an opportunity to set up something for the future. She doesn't have to defeat the bad guy completely in the film after all, and even if she does there's all sorts of ways they can either comic book back the villain or simply have him have built something important for his successors. Heck, there's even an opportunity to have the bad guy have built something reality-altering to bring in the mutants or the F4 if they want to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Kevin Feige Says Disney+ Shows Will Be “The First Time” TV Series Have Interlinked With MCU (Sorry, ‘SHIELD’)

“After ‘Endgame,’ thinking, ‘What can we do next?’” said Feige. “Disney+ is going to give us this opportunity to tell even deeper stories with characters you already know and love…in a new type of cinematic way that we haven’t done before. We’ve already started shooting two of them and they’re very, very special.”

He added, “And it all, for the first time, will interlink. So, the MCU will be on your TV screen at home on Disney+ and interconnect with the movies and go back and forth. It’s exciting to expand the MCU into even bigger and better heights.”

https://theplaylist.net/kevin-feige-...medium=twitter
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Just give me a Danny ketch ghost rider show and I don’t care what else they do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    They are wasting a cool villain like Morgan le Fay played by Elizabeth Hurley on the Runaways TV show... that sucks :S

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a...urley-villain/

No hate on the Runaways I actually like the show and Hurley is a good name to have, but she seems bigger than the Runaways to me... I was hoping to see her in the cinematic universe
    Agreed, Morgan le Fay could be an awesome cinematic villain, magic rivalling Dr strange. I also love her DC incarnation.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    finally a release date

Man I hope they don't mess up Ilyana too much. The movie has always suffered from changing priorities and we'll have to keep expectations pretty low I think.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

theres a rumour with good backing going around that marvel has regained full control and rights to hulk and namor and that disney is trying to buy the rights for spider-man back from sony for 5 - 10 billion

- - - Updated - - -

Id say spider-man is well worth that price.

far from home made a billion by itself and if you look at how much money the other spider films have made disney would easily make their money back within a few years, this is only taking into account the money they would make from spider-films and not the cross polination upping of revenue by giving them unrestricted access to spider-man and all the other characters they could seed into other movies and team ups.

peter parker
    miles
    ben reily
    kaine
    eddie brock
    etc etc
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    theres a rumour with good backing going around that marvel has regained full control and rights to hulk and namor and that disney is trying to buy the rights for spider-man back from sony for 5 - 10 billion

- - - Updated - - -

far from home made a billion by itself and if you look at how much money the other spider films have made disney would easily make their money back within a few years, this is only taking into account the money they would make from spider-films and not the cross polination upping of revenue by giving them unrestricted access to spider-man and all the other characters they could seed into other movies and team ups.

peter parker
    miles
    ben reily
    kaine
    eddie brock
    etc etc
    I read. The Namor/Hulk rumor is likely, as the old saying goes, where there's smoke, there's fire. The Spidey rumor might be true, and where there's a will, there's a way, but unless Sony is open to selling, I wouldn't get too excited. Even though 10 billion is a lot, they know they'd make more money over the long haul by continuing to extort Disney by making it share, making half the profit while Disney and Feige do most of the work. While I want Disney to regain the rights, I have to say, from a financial stand point, whoever approves the sale at Sony would be a moron. They have way more leverage to make more money over a long period of time holding onto the character's film rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I read. The Namor/Hulk rumor is likely, as the old saying goes, where there's smoke, there's fire. The Spidey rumor might be true, and where there's a will, there's a way, but unless Sony is open to selling, I wouldn't get too excited. Even though 10 billion is a lot, they know they'd make more money over the long haul by continuing to extort Disney by making it share, making half the profit while Disney and Feige do most of the work. While I want Disney to regain the rights, I have to say, from a financial stand point, whoever approves the sale at Sony would be a moron. They have way more leverage to make more money over a long period of time holding onto the character's film rights.
    if sony ends up getting bought out though they lose the rights anyways and disney knows theyre looking to sell.

the question right now in my mind is who will blink first. i have no doubt theyre in talks but will disney lay down the sum or let spider-man continue to be more low-key despite them wanting tom holland to become the new face of marvel and end up getting him back for free?

sony has been looking to offload their film division for a long time now as theyve continually tried again and again to strike gold and none of their ventures aside the one they share profits with have really hit that. all of the rumours say apple is the one who is going for them the most as apple tv is lacking in a major back catalog and im sure other streaming giants wouldnt mind having them added on either.

do i think a spider-man headlined mcu with possible spin offs, disney+ shows etc would offset those costs before sony gets bought out? i think so.

but, marvel still makes money either way (spider-man sells more toys than any other hero in the world. the only one making as much as him is batman)

if sony can hit a price point thats agreeable they'll make a quick buck before they lose him anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

peter parker
    miles
    ben reily
    kaine
    eddie brock
    etc etc
    Well the movie grossed a billion, that doesn't mean it made a billion. Marvel already has a lot of the revenue streams covered for spiderman as well, so its not the same as buying Star Wars where they also get merchandise sales.

if sony ends up getting bought out though they lose the rights anyways and disney knows theyre looking to sell.

the question right now in my mind is who will blink first. i have no doubt theyre in talks but will disney lay down the sum or let spider-man continue to be more low-key despite them wanting tom holland to become the new face of marvel and end up getting him back for free?

sony has been looking to offload their film division for a long time now as theyve continually tried again and again to strike gold and none of their ventures aside the one they share profits with have really hit that. all of the rumours say apple is the one who is going for them the most as apple tv is lacking in a major back catalog and im sure other streaming giants wouldnt mind having them added on either.

do i think a spider-man headlined mcu with possible spin offs, disney+ shows etc would offset those costs before sony gets bought out? i think so.

but, marvel still makes money either way (spider-man sells more toys than any other hero in the world. the only one making as much as him is batman)

if sony can hit a price point thats agreeable they'll make a quick buck before they lose him anyways.
    I didn't know Sony was in a position where they wanted to off load or even sell their most lucrative film rights. That changes the rhetoric completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I didn't know Sony was in a position where they wanted to off load or even sell their most lucrative film rights. That changes the rhetoric completely.
    men in black didnt do as well as they were hoping, theyre on round 2 of a ghostbusters franchise revival. the whole spider-man thing came about because of the sony hack.

the spider-man films are really the only thing they have going for them right now that consistently do well.

10+ Year Old Account
    is new mutants part of the MCU?
    This is a signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mteq View Post
    is new mutants part of the MCU?
    No. But this thread is actually for all things Marvel, not just MCU.