Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Found the religious fundamentalist and terrorist apologist. Fuck Iran and anyone who supports a religious enforced state that subjugates women and executes minorities on a whim because they happen to be gay or they have the wrong skin colour. Considering how much Iranian state sponsorship goes towards religious extremists groups, the fact that you think it's acceptable to try and rationalize anything Iran does is some grade A level stupidity.
    I think you confuse them with Saudi Arabia.
    Iran indeed has capital punishment for homosexuality. But it only applies in extreme cases, like torturing and raping a victim. For example, here, the most recent case was reported as "The Islamic Republic of Iran publicly hanged a 31-year-old Iranian man after he was found guilty of charges related to violations of Iran’s anti-gay laws". Very few mentioned that that man was convicted for kidnapping 2 boys and raping them. If I was a father of these boys, a simple hanging would not satisfy my bloodthirst.
    Skin color? You realize that Iran has one of the most diverse communities in the middle east? https://www.quora.com/Are-there-black-people-in-Iran

And yes, that is a picture of Jews in a synagogue in a center of Tehran.
    Seriously, you should listen a little less MSM and dive more into actual culture if you want your nation bashing to be on point. Maybe you will find some legitimate points of criticism.
    And hell no, Iran is not perfect. But living in Iran sure beats being a legal slave in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait or UAE. I was in Kuwait a couple of years ago, and the way Kuwaiti treat outsiders (even though 90% of their workforce is actually imported into the country from places like India) I would only expect in Colonial Britain at the start of 18th century.
    Last edited by Gaaz; 2020-01-07 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post
    I think you confuse them with Saudi Arabia.
    Iran indeed has capital punishment for homosexuality. But it only applies in extreme cases, like torturing and raping a victim. For example, here, the most recent case was reported as "The Islamic Republic of Iran publicly hanged a 31-year-old Iranian man after he was found guilty of charges related to violations of Iran’s anti-gay laws". Very few mentioned that that man was convicted for kidnapping 2 boys and raping them. If I was a father of these boys, a simple hanging would not satisfy my bloodthirst.
    Skin color? You realize that Iran has one of the most diverse communities in the middle east? https://www.quora.com/Are-there-black-people-in-Iran

And yes, that is a picture of Jews in a synagogue in a center of Tehran.
    Seriously, you should listen a little less MSM and dive more into actual culture if you want your nation bashing to be on point. Maybe you will find some legitimate points of criticism.
    And hell no, Iran is not perfect. But living in Iran sure beats being a legal slave in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait or UAE. I was in Kuwait a couple of years ago, and the way Kuwaiti treat outsiders (even though 90% of their workforce is actually imported into the country from places like India) I would only expect in Colonial Britain at the start of 18th century.
    Plenty of people are being hanged in public for simply being homosexuals, not only that but they do it in public using stuff like cranes and other shit, you can easily find videos online.

It's in their laws same as the stupid blasphemy laws, they have made plenty of statements defending their laws like this

Our society has moral principles. And we live according to these principles. These are moral principles concerning the behavior of people in general. And that means that the law is respected and the law is obeyed,"
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Plenty of people are being hanged in public for simply being homosexuals
    Not for simply being but for engaging in sexual intercourse. And even with that they are allowed to have a sex change surgery and live legally as women, thus not breaking anti homosexual laws, and even be married as women

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Not for simply being but for engaging in sexual intercourse.
    Alright yeah I've read about it a while ago but wasn't sure so didn't add that but fair enough.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    I'm very open to take in news and to have a critical look at it.

Either way, what I stated remains true: everytime the US goes to war the US-based media is flooded with debunked bullshit.

Last time I saw a video about Iran, it looked like the average american city to me. People going about their daily lives, waiting for the metro, having a drink on the market square. It wasn't a news article, just a slice of life.

I will obviously condemn anyone getting prosecuted for blasphemy, but at the same time this -is- what happens during war. Iran did not start it. In the USA too people are being detained for their ties with Iran. Some American citizens are even stuck in detention centers at the border... All-round heinous acts by both governments.

We have more in common with the people of Iran than with our own government.
    I guess we told the Iranians to have blasphemy laws.

/Shrug

7+ Year Old Account

Last time I saw a video about Iran, it looked like the average american city to me. People going about their daily lives, waiting for the metro, having a drink on the market square. It wasn't a news article, just a slice of life.

Yeah, a nation that has public executions with hanging from cranes and stoning surely is equal to any western nation....

Hello? Did you not read the rest of my post?
    I already condemned both governments.
    You also came in talking about how people are lying about Iran.

Sure. The media has a tendency to do that about the nations their government is at war with. Are you going to tell me we shouldn't be critical about what is being said on the MSM?
    I thought going against the media was playing into Trump's hands. And there was no such thing as fake news.

Should we discount news about places like Russia, China and North Korea since we are against those people? Should people be mistrusting of Iranian news about America?

Do you not understand what "a grain of salt" means?
    Do you understand you came in talking about this being a propaganda piece? That's bigger than a grain.

Let me set you straight:

That is a legit question. I asked if we could get some deeper source research to see if it was indeed real.

Legit question again. Concern about the dodginess of the site on which it's reported.

A generally good attitude to always have.

Factual.

Why would anyone froth at the mouth at anything stated above?
    Because Kangodo exists and this is looking very identical to Kangodo on China.

5+ Year Old Account
    Hm. This was left open longer than it should have, but we know the drill.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."