Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    That escalated quickly
    Didn't he want to say 1.5k tho? xD this can only be the most troll thing ever.

Your guild is going to pay somebody $200 a month to help you guys progress? So... you're all going to pay someone real money, to help you in a video game.

Where do I begin? I don't know if it's against the rules, it probably is, and I'm not telling you, or your guild how to spend your money. But Goddamn it man, you put that online and you're asking for the criticism.

Does your guild and yourself have no pride as gamers? You don't think you can improve to progress on your own merit?
    Money must REALLY come easy to you and your guild mates. Talk about disposable income and first world problems.
    If it is against Blizzard's rules, you think going on social media (a message forum) and bringing this to light is a good idea when you could have just done it and none would have been the wiser? Who would have told anyone?

never estimate a wow players desire to absolutely not play wow....including paying someone $200 so they don't have to play wow...

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not against the rules. Every top guild pays their best members a lot of money and sponsors are paying a lot of money to guild leaders. $200/month of course is very tiny amount, I think that truly exceptional player will demand at least $20k/month, but that's not my business.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evotech View Post
    I don't want to get our guild into trouble, so wanted to see if someone knows if it's against the Blizzard rules to pay someone to join our guild as a raider? Basically going to offer someone (let's say $200/month) to entice them to join our guild and help us progress.
    Yep. 100% against the TOS. And if someone rats you out, they won't just action you or the guy you're recruiting, they will action your entire guild/raidgroup.

Isn't worth it, don't.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Its not account boosting or power leveling..
    It's an in-game service in exchange for payment.

The fact it isn't account boosting or power leveling doesn't matter. Their Eula isn't an exhaustive list of the things you can't do. It's a description of the types of things you can't do, with some examples of the more common things that people might try.

For example if a store tells you that shoplifters will be prosecuted and that any items found in your bag or clothes upon exiting the store will be deemed to be stolen, and you then hide an item in your hair, it's doesn't mean you weren't shoplifting.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post

The fact it isn't account boosting or power leveling doesn't matter. Their Eula isn't an exhaustive list of the things you can't do. It's a description of the types of things you can't do, with some examples of the more common things that people might try.

For example if a store tells you that shoplifters will be prosecuted and that any items found in your bag or clothes upon exiting the store will be deemed to be stolen, and you then hide an item in your hair, it's doesn't mean you weren't shoplifting.
    Does playing WoW with your teenager son is considered illegal as well then? Since you are paying all his expenses so he can be alive and play a game with you.

What is the point of paying 200$ for imaginary items in computer game? These will not even be usable within a few months due new patch...
    How one person can be even enough to do that?

To help smooth out progression There is nothing I enjoy more than progressing through wow raids at a good pace and I just don't have the time anymore to spend countless hours recruiting, so this will make it easier since I have a few extra bucks to spare.
    Progressing = doing it yourself with friends or guild not by $$.
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2020-01-07 at 03:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want to get our guild into trouble, so wanted to see if someone knows if it's against the Blizzard rules to pay someone to join our guild as a raider? Basically going to offer someone (let's say $200/month) to entice them to join our guild and help us progress.

"Rules".. Hahahaha. Good one.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    ...boy what
    I can't believe this went to page 4 after this reply that ended the thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    What is the point of paying 200$ for imaginary items in computer game? These will not even be usable within a few months due new patch...
    How one person can be even enough to do that?
    The same point it is to pay real money to even be allowed to play a computer game. Not just once, (when you buy it), but for sometimes YEARS...

You're right though, how could you ever grasp that concept?
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    The same point it is to pay real money to even be allowed to play a computer game. Not just once, (when you buy it), but for sometimes YEARS...

You're right though, how could you ever grasp that concept?
    I pay for playing.
    He wants to pay OTHERS to play for him. 200$ is around 13x more than the sub alone and against game rules.

Do you see difference here?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenis View Post
    Does playing WoW with your teenager son is considered illegal as well then? Since you are paying all his expenses so he can be alive and play a game with you.
    Seriously, you have to ask?

If the differences aren't obviously apparent to you I am doubtful that any amount of explaining on my part will help....

No, really, just because there may be some minor similarity between the two, there is no equivalence between paying a stranger to help you achieve things in WoW and supporting a dependent. That's like trying to argue that sea must be made of air since it blue like the sky

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    I pay for playing.
    He wants to pay OTHERS to play for him. 200$ is around 13x more than the sub alone and against game rules.

Do you see difference here?
    The amount of money shouldnt matter. It being 13x more than a sub cost is irrelevant, IF its against the rules. If they decided to pay for his sub instead, according to you people, thatd be against the eula.

- - - Updated - - -

Paying someone to be in your guild doesnt sound like a service.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Paying someone to be in your guild doesnt sound like a service.
    Except he's not talking about paying someone to simply join a guild. The person would be paid specifically for being a "carry raider". That's very clearly a service rendered for the guild.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    It's not against the rules. Every top guild pays their best members a lot of money and sponsors are paying a lot of money to guild leaders. $200/month of course is very tiny amount, I think that truly exceptional player will demand at least $20k/month, but that's not my business.
    Not the same thing. Even though there may be some similarities it's still a false equivalence.

Being sponsored to play in return for endorsing your sponsor is a very different thing to be paid to perform specific tasks for another player (or even group of players).

Also, I suspect that any kind of sponsorship would require Blizzard's permission to fall within the Eula

If you can buy gold with cash, then no.

But, Blizzard says it's not ok because if you're going to launder money, they want a cut of that action.

Think about it.

Except he's not talking about paying someone to simply join a guild. The person would be paid specifically for being a "carry raider". That's very clearly a service rendered for the guild.
    Id agree with you, if they were paying him per raid or something, but theyre not, theyre paying him monthly to be in the guild. If they were simply paying him to raid, why would he have to join their guild?

Not against TOS method, limit, and other high end guilds already do this. You're being paid for your time to play the game. In contrast to paying money for virtual items which is against TOS. Several guilds historically have done this all the way back to Burning Crusade such as afterlife the guild that was ran by thott who made thottbot which is now owned by wowhead paid his guilds raid leader.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Id agree with you, if they were paying him per raid or something, but theyre not, theyre paying him monthly to be in the guild. If they were simply paying him to raid, why would he have to join their guild?
    No, it's clear that they're talking about paying him to raid. Joining the guild is incidental. Read the OP:

I ... wanted to see if someone knows if it's against the Blizzard rules to pay someone to join our guild as a raider? Basically going to offer someone (let's say $200/month) to entice them to join our guild and help us progress.
    If it isn't obviously apparent from the OP, and his numerous responses in the thread, that the money is for the guy to effectively boost the guild, then I am not sure anyone can really help you out here.

But sure, if they were just giving him $200 a month to be a member of the guild and all he did was arbed around, then I can't see Blizzard taking an issue.
    Last edited by Raelbo; 2020-01-08 at 01:18 PM.

Not the same thing. Even though there may be some similarities it's still a false equivalence.

Being sponsored to play in return for endorsing your sponsor is a very different thing to be paid to perform specific tasks for another player (or even group of players).
    The "specific task" in this case is "be good." What exactly do you think a "carry raider" does?

He'd be paying somebody to join the guild and be an amazing raider. It's no different than Method paying their players to be really good. Every raider in Method is a "carry raider." It is not at all false equivalence.