View Poll Results: ??

Voters
74. This poll is closed
  • I want Ragnaros and similar servers to be disconnected with EN speaking realms

51 68.92%
  • I want Ragnaros and similar servers to not be disconnected with EN speaking realms

23 31.08%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    I don't care that we don't speak the same language. I care that their skill level is so insanely bellow average.
    If that's your problem, and not language barriers, then just don't invite people from thoser servers to your group. No one is forcing you to play with them.

I play on Thalnos for Classic. We have a very large Brazilian population (though a portion moved) and it's mostly fine as they tend to stick to their own language guilds/groups. We have a few Brazilians in our guild and they speak English really well so it's not much of an issue. One of them is our best DPS by far. I can't hold threat when he starts execute spamming on some fights.

When I played retail, it was 90% of the Brazilian players who you just kicked. They under performed for their gear and raid difficulty almost always. I try to give bad players the benefit of the doubt and give them a few tries, regardless of server, but eventually you just have to be cautious about who you invite.

It's also why I would tend not to invite people from Illidan. Elitist as hell and talk about how their server pugs Mythic everything. Great, this isn't your server's weekly Mythic clear. Clearly you weren't invited and you're here, so either you're not as good as you think you are, or you shouldn't PuG outside your server.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taruk View Post
    If that's your problem, and not language barriers, then just don't invite people from thoser servers to your group. No one is forcing you to play with them.
    That's what I do, but that forces me to scan server name all the time, I shouldn't have to do this, no one should.

Also important to note, groups are made of 5 people, only one of them makes the group, statistically speaking at least 80% of the time people are joining groups, not creating, so I do join groups more often than create them as the numbers suggest, and when joining I have to check the server of everyone in that group to make sure the leader is also not a clown who invites people who can't play correctly.

A bunch of annoying steps to take just to have a normal play session. Just disconnect these servers from the rest of the world already, improve the quality of the game.

Not to mention that the way you phrase your reply to my post suggests that something else should be done if the problem is language instead of skills. It's all the same, if language is the problem, that's also solved by "simply not inviting them". So if the solution is always to not invite them, why are they still connected to other servers?
    Last edited by CrawlFromThePit; 2020-01-07 at 02:58 PM.

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    Not to mention that the way you phrase your reply to my post suggests that something else should be done if the problem is language instead of skills. It's all the same, if language is the problem, that's also solved by "simply not inviting them". So if the solution is always to not invite them, why are they still connected to other servers?
    Because you CHOOSE not to play with them, it's your personal decision. Maybe other players want to play with them or simply don't care which server do they come from. You would be restricting their liberty. And please, don't go to the usual "no one in NA wants to play with them" way. It's not representative of all the players.

3+ Year Old Account
    Because you CHOOSE not to play with them, it's your personal decision. Maybe other players want to play with them or simply don't care which server do they come from. You would be restricting their liberty. And please, don't go to the usual "no one in NA wants to play with them" way. It's not representative of all the players.
    So where is my liberty to group with EU players as well as NA players? Or does liberty not work in this context?

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    So where is my liberty to group with EU players as well as NA players? Or does liberty not work in this context?
    Well, there's something called the Atlantic Ocean between NA and EU with all the logistical and infrastructure issues associated with it.

Honestly it's gotten bad enough that we generally either don't accept them or when one sneaks in they get the boot. Don't have time to figure out if they're good or bad.

The whole guild refers to them as the taco bell servers, which is pretty rude but it shows the general attitude of some guilds towards them, it's not a healthy environment.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    One single mega server and connected to Brazilian servers as well so other players can understand them? That way it solves the current issue people have with servers such as that one and Azralon and Quel'thalas
    Wait, what's wrong with Quel'thalas?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Wait, what's wrong with Quel'thalas?
    It's exactly like Ragnaros and Azralon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    On one side I REALLY dont like to play with Rag, but the other side: I dont want my queue times to be affected so... I would say - keep everything the way it is tbh

If internet was insane, I would love to have the ENTIRE world connected - but with how China , Korea is locked off I would say that the best we could do is everyone BUT those two

Until internet is lightning fast, we can't truly have a combined actual world of warcraft that I really want.. again on topic: I CHOSE to have Rag separate because of bad run in's with their people, but deep down I don't want them split due to queue times

It's exactly like Ragnaros and Azralon.
    That does not tell me much. I don't really follow other servers, I just took notice because I play on Quel'thalas since 2006.

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    That does not tell me much. I don't really follow other servers, I just took notice because I play on Quel'thalas since 2006.
    We're talking about US-Quel'thalas, not EU-Quel'thalas.

Well, there's something called the Atlantic Ocean between NA and EU, with all the logistical and infrastructure issues it presents.

Apart from that, I play characters both in LA and NA servers with the same account. You're telling me that I should pay two separate subscriptions to play in both clusters so don't have to read a few lines everytime you get in a group?
    Last edited by Taruk; 2020-01-07 at 03:32 PM.

We're talking about US-Quel'thalas, not EU-Quel'thalas.
    Oh. Carry on, then.

Trash players are trash, the server doesnt matter, i've met plenty of people who are so god damn bad at the game and, surprise!!! they are from english speaking servers

Edit: Also, Illidan its home of a LOT of chinesse, should Illidan also be "banned" from grouping with everyone else?
    Last edited by Leyre; 2020-01-07 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    On one side I REALLY dont like to play with Rag, but the other side: I dont want my queue times to be affected so... I would say - keep everything the way it is tbh

If internet was insane, I would love to have the ENTIRE world connected - but with how China , Korea is locked off I would say that the best we could do is everyone BUT those two

Until internet is lightning fast, we can't truly have a combined actual world of warcraft that I really want.. again on topic: I CHOSE to have Rag separate because of bad run in's with their people, but deep down I don't want them split due to queue times
    Trust me... as someone that trades items with people in PoE from Korea you dont want that. They are extremely toxic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ragnaros nor Quelthalas speak portuguese, there's more likely for people from Quelthalas or Ragnaros to know english, this is a stupid idea

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    Trash players are trash, the server doesnt matter, i've met plenty of people who are so god damn bad at the game and, surprise!!! they are from english speaking servers

Edit: Also, Illidan its home of a LOT of chinesse, should Illidan also be "banned" from grouping with everyone else?
    No one is saying everyone from english speaking server is a pro player. Acting like you didn't notice the obvious lower skill level in Ragnaros, Azralon and Quel'Thalas is lying to yourself.

About Illidan realm, valid point about the mention of language, but to get back to what I first said, I don't care about the language since people barely talk in groups, we play, and if you play like shit it affects the game a lot more than the language you speak. Illidan players are on average pretty good. When people play well there is no reason to talk to them, the job gets done. The issue with latin american realms is too many of them play like crap and when you try to help them out they don't understand anything you say, so it's a vicious cycle of mediocrity.

10+ Year Old Account
    My personal opinion, is... F u whoever came with this idea, and F u whoever goes around instant kicking people from those servers, like... you make us not even want to try when we get to play with you guys

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    My personal opinion, is... F u whoever came with this idea, and F u whoever goes around instant kicking people from those servers, like... you make us not even want to try when we get to play with you guys
    Well, this isn't constructive at all.

Game is already dying. Segregate the player base would be the last nail in the coffin.
    Also, language barrier isn't an issue in this game, but a poor excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Unforunately, I insta decline Rag, Quel, Drakkari and Azralon players, as well as immediately ignore anyone I can from those realms.
    I mean, it's your "right" to kick south american players, but you are promoting a toxic environment.

You know why FFXIV has the best community? There are no LATAM/BR servers, that doens't mean LATAM/BR people aren't playing FFXIV.

Either way, it's a bad idea, I strongly doubt Blizzard would take this serious.
    Last edited by Garretdejiko; 2020-01-07 at 03:54 PM.