Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    That and N'zoth's send-off is just generally disappointing, regardless of expectations.
    Gooed up old world zones and Azerite kamehameha. Yeah.. it's only the excessive N'zoth hype that makes that conclusion disappointing.

Thank God we at least get some cool armor out of it. Well, if you're a plate or cloth wearer, at least.
    I don't really know what a "kamehameha" is, so I can't help you there - based on context, I assume you don't like the whole Dragon Soul redux with the Heart of Azeroth in place of the Dragon Soul? I'm not a huge fan myself, but I kind of expected the Heart to be used in this manner to some degree.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I don't really know what a "kamehameha" is, so I can't help you there - based on context, I assume you don't like the whole Dragon Soul redux with the Heart of Azeroth in place of the Dragon Soul? I'm not a huge fan myself, but I kind of expected the Heart to be used in this manner to some degree.
    A kamehameha is a charged energy attack popularised by the Dragon Ball manga and anime, with the hero literally shooting a beam of energy at his target in the hopes that the target is injured or dies.

It's a sort of shorthand now for any similar kind of attack in popular culture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    A kamehameha is a charged energy attack popularised by the Dragon Ball manga and anime, with the hero literally shooting a beam of energy at his target in the hopes that the target is injured or dies.

It's a sort of shorthand now for any similar kind of attack in popular culture.
    It's kind of funny - I never really watched DBZ growing up, but I have seen like 2 episodes of it. The same 2 episodes, over and over and over, something about a green monster powering up the entire episode (while everyone else goes about random daily chores like fishing) and the infamous "over 9000" episode.

But yes, since the Heart of Azeroth is basically a storage vessel for immense amounts of energy, it makes sense it'd be used as a lens for a wave motion beam type of attack used against N'Zoth's inner core. Call it a "kamehameha" or what have you, it's a directed energy beam fueled by Azerite striking the soft inner workings of a giant monstrosity.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, having to use a "planet killer" machine to kill him off is pretty dope imo
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Read some about the patch notes and datamined dialogue, then saw the cutscene, anyway, for a villain that has been teased for years, that has been behind a lot of stuff, is this it? Just one patch and THAT dealing with the biggest villain in wow history aside from Sargeras?
    Spoiler: hes not actually dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    N'zoth was marginally the weakest of the old gods. Get your whine right at least.
    This isn't anime. Not all story villains and storylines are measured in Power Levels...

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    He is weaker than C'thun and Yogg-saron and we dealt with those the patch they were introduced, so why would the weakest of the old gods get a massive fanfare?
    Because C'thun and Yogg were still in their titan prisons. We didn't really beat them due to the titan assistance (they're still dead though), and certainly they were not at full power.

So he's the weakest old god if all were free, but the strongest we've fought.

The bigger thing to complain about is if we could kill C'thun and Yogg while they were half in their prisons, why couldn't the titans finish them off the same way? Or even the titan watchers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Nzoth survived a long time against way stronger old gods, pretty clear that he thinks in a hole other level then others, us beating him might even be all according to plans and just what he wants for some still unknown reason.
    Agree. I figured the whole "free Xal'atath from the dagger" thing was setting us up to put N'zoth into the dagger which would be what he wanted. Then Xal'atath would pick up the dagger and become a god or something.

And that Sylvanas's end goal was going to be the one to grab the dagger instead and steal Xal'atath's figurative crown as leader of the Black Empire. And a 50-50 that "the power would be too much for her" and she's end up being possessed by N'zoth. If she could control it, she'd have her own empire/army that would be kinda like the scourge for the Lich King but different. Kind of an army of undeath. They could end up being the "neutral Forsaken" concept that people have wanted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Vashj'ir? The capture of Neptulon? The Tidestone? Tomb of Sargeras?

Literally what are you talking about? Any time there was nagas, that was Azshara/N'zoth sending them there, besides maybe the few Illidan bossed around. And if you're going to try to say naga weren't a major threat, I don't know what more to say.
    You missed a TBC raid there...

There was supposed to be a Neptulon related raid that was cut as well.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

3+ Year Old Account
    All of the old gods were killed in a dedicated patch. Why do ppl keep forgetting about that?
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    What if..there was someone controlling N'zoth?
    We could call them Void Lords or something.

- - - Updated - - -

It's kind of funny - I never really watched DBZ growing up, but I have seen like 2 episodes of it. The same 2 episodes, over and over and over, something about a green monster powering up the entire episode (while everyone else goes about random daily chores like fishing) and the infamous "over 9000" episode.

But yes, since the Heart of Azeroth is basically a storage vessel for immense amounts of energy, it makes sense it'd be used as a lens for a wave motion beam type of attack used against N'Zoth's inner core. Call it a "kamehameha" or what have you, it's a directed energy beam fueled by Azerite striking the soft inner workings of a giant monstrosity.
    I'm pretty sure there is a whole DBZ season of two guys flexing at each other and scream/moaning before finally launching their balls at each other in the final episode.

Didn't seem like the type of show for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably shortest description is that it is the weeb term for "deus ex machina" and in the case of N'zoth we're literally killing a god with a machine created by other gods... so...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I dunno. People expect villains to last forever and be fought half a dozen times or something. Warcraft borrows enough terrible storytelling techniques from comic books, no need to also have villains that never, ever die so they can milk them more. One Sylvanas is more than enough, thank you very much.

N'zoth had his time in the spotlight, he engineered several important events, has two boss fights in a row and gets destroyed by a weapon meant to erase all life on the planet. That's already loads better than C'thun and Yogg-Saron, who were relevant for all of one patch before dying to sticks and bows, or Y'shaarj who was dead thousands of years ago and got the last of his essence drained by an Orc with anger issues.

Yeah, raid bosses die when their HP reaches 0. Who knew.
    The bad thing is that it is the second expansion in a row (maybe more?) where we didn't beat the end boss.

In Legion, the titans beat the end boss for us after we die and lock up Sargeras.
    In BFA, machines built by the titans beat the end boss for us.

On one hand, good for power creep in that we're just helpers and not killing gods. On the other hand, at some point the story gets boring if we're just the waterboy for the championship team.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Oh wow...

The weakest Old God got dealt with the fastest...

-_-

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    On one hand, good for power creep in that we're just helpers and not killing gods. On the other hand, at some point the story gets boring if we're just the waterboy for the championship team.
    Most expansions have had a "plot device" be what ultimately kills the bad guy though. TBC had the sunwell. The lich king had Tirion. Cataclysm had the Dragon Soul. Warlords had the "Khadgar, Yrel, etc". Legion had titans and BfA has the Heart Chamber. Mists was about the only one that didn't directly have something to aid in the final fight if I recall. A lot of the powerful bosses in WoW have had outside help to defeat.

So it really is just the standard thing. It might get a little boring but at least it is tied to something we have been doing the entire patch rather then just something random for the last fight. We've slowly been building and powering up the Heart for this exact moment. Maybe that is why some don't like it. It was a slow build up rather then a "last patch" build up.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Most expansions have had a "plot device" be what ultimately kills the bad guy though. TBC had the sunwell. The lich king had Tirion. Cataclysm had the Dragon Soul. Warlords had the "Khadgar, Yrel, etc". Legion had titans and BfA has the Heart Chamber. Mists was about the only one that didn't directly have something to aid in the final fight if I recall. A lot of the powerful bosses in WoW have had outside help to defeat.

So it really is just the standard thing. It might get a little boring but at least it is tied to something we have been doing the entire patch rather then just something random for the last fight. We've slowly been building and powering up the Heart for this exact moment. Maybe that is why some don't like it. It was a slow build up rather then a "last patch" build up.
    I disagree on the Sunwell, and that was a bonus tier/raid, so Illidan would be the end boss. Otherwise you can't count the Lich King, and you'd have to count Sartharion instead.

I guess in light of the general gist of your response, perhaps a better clarification of my comment is that we're more detached from the plot device used to beat the boss? Like Tirion had no chance against the Lich King if we didn't beat him to an inch of his life. He's just a guy who needed 25 other just a guys to do the heavy lifting for him. And even then it was "the light" not even Tirion who did it. I guess like many things in WoW, WotLK was the original source of things that became negatives for WoW (badges/catchup mechanics, no attunements, vehicle combat, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Oh wow...

The weakest Old God got dealt with the fastest...

-_-
    I dunno, i wouldn't call two entire expansions spaced out over about 5 years of in-game time "the fastest". If anything, N'zoth is the one that took the longest, and the only one that gets to be an end-of-expansion boss.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    I disagree on the Sunwell, and that was a bonus tier/raid, so Illidan would be the end boss.
    No, it wasn't. And the whole "spirit of the sunwell incarnate" thing was definitely a plot device.

I guess like many things in WoW, WotLK was the original source of things that became negatives for WoW (badges/catchup mechanics, no attunements, vehicle combat, etc).
    Out of those, only Vehicles are even from WotLK, and i'd heavily disagree that removal of attunements was bad. They were a massive issue in BC, which is what got them removed in the first place. During BC, mind you. Badges are also a BC feature, as is catchup gear, and both were introduced for good reasons that far outweigh the negatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallor View Post
    Nothing he said was incorrect, N'zoth has been behind so much of the villainy that has been going on in WoW (Deathwing, Azshara, etc). He didn't say he was the second most powerful.
    Loken was behind so much shit you wouldn't even believe, but we see him a couple times in cameos then kill him off in a 5-man.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    He is weaker than C'thun and Yogg-saron and we dealt with those the patch they were introduced, so why would the weakest of the old gods get a massive fanfare?
    To be fair, those were still imprisoned, and their powers heavy limited. N'zoth has been released in all his power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because what we defeated (C'thun and Yogg) were nothing but a husk a shadow of their former selves. N'zoth is at full power and 100% free from his shackles and prison.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I dunno, i wouldn't call two entire expansions spaced out over about 5 years of in-game time "the fastest". If anything, N'zoth is the one that took the longest, and the only one that gets to be an end-of-expansion boss.

No, it wasn't. And the whole "spirit of the sunwell incarnate" thing was definitely a plot device.

Out of those, only Vehicles are even from WotLK, and i'd heavily disagree that removal of attunements was bad. They were a massive issue in BC, which is what got them removed in the first place. During BC, mind you. Badges are also a BC feature, as is catchup gear, and both were introduced for good reasons that far outweigh the negatives.
    Also understand that he's "the corrupter" and is the only freed Old God. So, using C'Thun and Yogg doesn't really help here, cause they're bitch made threats in terms of outdoor influence.

- - - Updated - - -

And N'zoth is instantly dealt with as soon as we actually see him. Same goes with C'Thun, the Heart of Y'shaarj, and Yogg'Saron.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Because what we defeated (C'thun and Yogg) were nothing but a husk a shadow of their former selves. N'zoth is at full power and 100% free from his shackles and prison.
    Stop saying this. Blizzard confirmed that we defeated their true forms, imprisoned or not. We killed C'Thun and Yogg without the mountains of flesh protecting their heads. N'zoth had that advantage over them here...

10+ Year Old Account
    Also understand that he's "the corrupter" and is the only freed Old God. So, using C'Thun and Yogg doesn't really help here, cause they're bitch made threats in terms of outdoor influence.

- - - Updated - - -

And N'zoth is instantly dealt with as soon as we actually see him. Same goes with C'Thun, the Heart of Y'shaarj, and Yogg'Saron.

- - - Updated - - -

Stop saying this. Blizzard confirmed that we defeated their true forms, imprisoned or not. We killed C'Thun and Yogg without the mountains of flesh protecting their heads. N'zoth had that advantage over them here...
    I didn't say we haven't defeated them. I said N'zoth is at full strength when we fight him while C'thun and Yogg were already weakened by their prisons. What is so hard to understand really?

Yes, we dealt with the heads of C'thun and Yogg (Y'shaarj is not really relevant though).

We'll face the entire N'zoth, with mountain-sized tentacles he could crush us with but somehow doesn't.

That is the smally small difference.

He's the weakest but not being imprisoned is a huge boost to his powerlevel. We could have defeated Ra-Den in ToT in a random quest if he had remained shackled, yeah, great deal.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    He´s been behind a lot simply because we couldn´t even reach or sense him. But he is not even all that strong, now he is exposed.. so he is rather weak. Is just that it has taken us a long time, but he is nowhere close to be one of the worse villains in WoW.