Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Coming back to Classic

Finally got to come back to Classic and am wanting to level up and do dungeons with people, but so far it seems I've missed the boat. Anyone know any servers that have leveling guilds or groups that are still leveling, seems most of them are only raiding at this point. Thanks and happy new years!
    (Also cant post on official classic forum without a level 10)

Every single server has players still leveling...everyone.

Im literally on 5 servers with toons and people are leveling 24/7.

Good luck.

Downside of joining now is there's fewer people leveling so it’s harder to get dungeon groups.

Upside is there are no longer massive lines formed waiting to kill a single, slowly respawning named mob for a quest.

There’s vastly more quests between 1 and 60 than dungeons, so it probably all works out in the end.

More than half the game is leveling, so don't worry. You won't struggle to find people doing that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    More than half the game is leveling, so don't worry. You won't struggle to find people doing that.
    for sure - i only play on 1 realm and granted i am on the eu realms where as op seems to be from the us of a (but i doubt that makes a difference)... im currently leveling an alt on my realm and in most zones i still have to 'fight' for mob spawns/tags - its certainly not even close to dead or hard to find groups..
    Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Just wait for Tirion Fordring to come back from ICC singing "I got 99 problems but a Lich ain't one".
    Armoury

Oh you want a PVP realm?

Try the LFG channel.

Try a high pop realm.

Low level PUGs are quick to find. Later dungeons are best run with guild groups.

or just.. dont run dungeons at low level.

I didn't run a single one pre-55.

Very little point, as the gear will be replaced nearly immediately anyway. Just keep levelin.

It's not just dungeons, just having a group of people to play with would be nice, heck I would even supply gold and bags to have someone level with me, but no one seemed interested lol. I enjoy the social aspect, but it feels like I missed that magic moment, but if I could find a social guild that would definitely help stave off the slowness of leveling :]

is wowhead.com's post about server population and alliance to horde player ratios still current ?

I dont think so, I started on Atiesh and moved to Myzareal, because it said it had more pop and less 60s but that's not what I've seen.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope this ismt coming off as me complaining lol, I really enjoy classic, just like retail, if there isnt a social aspect I dont enjoy it.

Don’t sweat it, you’ll be 60 soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post

Very little point, as the gear will be replaced nearly immediately anyway. Just keep levelin.
    That's a very wrong statement and in 1.12 you clear dungeons fast and lvl up very quick if you farm them. You can get really good items that'll keep you up to par for a few lvls, especially if you're melee and really need good weapon.

The efficient way to do it is do the dungeon in the zone you have been levelling in, once you finish or get close to finishign the zone you make sure you have all the quests and do a dungeon quest run before moving to the next zone.

Quote Originally Posted by bcornell109 View Post
    Finally got to come back to Classic and am wanting to level up and do dungeons with people, but so far it seems I've missed the boat. Anyone know any servers that have leveling guilds or groups that are still leveling, seems most of them are only raiding at this point. Thanks and happy new years!
    Alliance side PvE Pagle and Westfall are very active, people are still joining as new players and the first big wave of alts seems to have started now that Molten Core / Ony are solidly on farm even for the PUGs.

I have a horde alt on Herod PvP and its almost embarassing how many groups are forming minute by minute. I'd swear the server was still layered.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post

What? Some dungeons have very good items and if you're not trying to level as fast as possible things will last you for a while.

Plus, what if he plays a Warrior? Dunno if you tried to lvl a Warrior in Classic but it can be brutal especially on PvP servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are still tons of people leveling on every classic realm I've made toons on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think so, I started on Atiesh and moved to Myzareal, because it said it had more pop and less 60s but that's not what I've seen. .
    I play on myrzael and there's a fair number of people but yes, there are fewer in the sub-20 range than there was at launch. Your best bet will be to get in a larger guild because a) there will be diversity in character and b) a lot of the higher level folks have alts. You'll also have more luck finding people as you get closer to 20... There just aren't a lot of people starting out so you won't see many people (compared to launch) from 1-10 or so.

PS: Time zone might also make a difference. Myrzael is Pacific, so if you get home and play after work in the Eastern time zone at 7pm, it's 4pm out there.
    Last edited by clevin; 2020-01-07 at 06:37 PM.

You haven't missed the boat yet. Once you hit level 60, you'll be slightly under-geared and your professions won't make as much money, but otherwise you're good. I actually decided to level a second toon instead of going all-in on gearing up at 60. There's not a lot of pressure in min/maxing in Classic because the content is thus far rather trivial.

I'm on Deviate Delight-US Horde and there's certainly a major, major dropoff in people leveling. I'd wager to say there's more level 60's on at any given time than there are people who're leveling, at least on the Horde side. (I believe Alliance is more populated as people expected Deviate Delight to turn into the Moon Guard of Classic).

There's still maybe between 5-7 other people leveling in any given zone at any given time but can be pretty difficult to find groups for quests. I get asked quite frequently in cold call PSTs if I want to run a dungeon, so people are doing dungeon runs but they're having trouble filling their group.

For sure one of the slower/more dead servers and factions at the moment, and it'll only get worse as time goes by.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    That's a very wrong statement and in 1.12 you clear dungeons fast and lvl up very quick if you farm them. You can get really good items that'll keep you up to par for a few lvls, especially if you're melee and really need good weapon.
    Or you can just hit 60 in about 5 days /played without entering a dungeon.