Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What's new in 8.3 for a player like me?

So with the new patch today, I am wondering what's new in it for me specifically? I know there's no new zones or dungeons, just the big Raid release and this corrupted gear stuff?

With BfA I have become a casual player only, I still log in every night, but only play for a half hour or so. I have my main he's i441, that I only run Mythic dungeons on, and that's about it. I only run like 1 or 2 dungeons a week with him.

And then I have 9 alts, all like i415 - i420, I only do World Quests and World Bosses on them.

So what's new for me then? How about Mythic dungeon loot iLvl? Currently Mythic 0 drops i400+ gear, does it now drop i415+? And did the highest World Quest cache go up from i415 to i430? New World bosses?

You define that as casual?

A casual gamer is someone who plays a few hours a week and nothing but world quests.

Quote Originally Posted by shaggawoolin View Post

A casual gamer is someone who plays a few hours a week and nothing but world quests.
    Well I'm only playing for like 30 minutes a night, 6 days a week. Longest time is the one or two M+ dungeon runs might be 45 minutes, other nights are just the 4 World Quest's which take 10 or 15 minutes. I might play 3 hours a week combined.

I don't want to read a whole guide about 8.3, as I am only interested in knowing if dungeon and raid loot has gone up the 15 iLvls like every other patch so far for BfA.

I don't believe there's much that's exciting for players like us. I don't plan on raiding so that doesn't leave much for me, personally. I heard legendary items are now transmoggable, which excited me slightly, but I'll get tired of running around with them after about 5-10 minutes.

I could be out of the loop (strong possibility), but it's absolutely not enough for me to be excited about and we sound like we tend to play about the same. Except I don't log in every night. Hell, I barely log in once a week these days.

So you read his entire OP and this is all you took away from it? Compared to a Mythic raider who raids 6 nights a week for 4-5 hours, his description is definitely that of a casual. You didn't even attempt to answer his issue. There's rules against that.

A casual has no objective definition, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Goat View Post
    So you read his entire OP and this is all you took away from it? Compared to a Mythic raider who raids 6 nights a week for 4-5 hours, his description is definitely that of a casual. You didn't even attempt to answer his issue. There's rules against that.

A casual has no objective definition, anyway.
    There is a complete continuum of "normal players" between "casual" and your "hardcore" definition.

No. Casual means bad. A casual player stands in the fire, doesn't pick good talents, doesn't know what they're doing and generally pulls others down.

Add 30 ilvls to the content you do and that's what there is to do, OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    No. Casual means bad. A casual player stands in the fire, doesn't pick good talents, doesn't know what they're doing and generally pulls others down.

Add 30 ilvls to the content you do and that's what there is to do, OP.
    If you really think that's what a casual player is, you're probably a douche.

Hmm, so besides the new Raid, and this new corrupted gear, there's no new dungeons, no new zones? I don't Raid anymore, so sounds like not a ton of new stuff for me to be excited about? Ugh.

Is there going to be a 8.3.5 patch with new stuff? Or just wait till summer for Shadowlands?

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    So with the new patch today, I am wondering what's new in it for me specifically? I know there's no new zones or dungeons, just the big Raid release and this corrupted gear stuff?

With BfA I have become a casual player only, I still log in every night, but only play for a half hour or so. I have my main he's i441, that I only run Mythic dungeons on, and that's about it. I only run like 1 or 2 dungeons a week with him.

And then I have 9 alts, all like i415 - i420, I only do World Quests and World Bosses on them.

So what's new for me then? How about Mythic dungeon loot iLvl? Currently Mythic 0 drops i400+ gear, does it now drop i415+? And did the highest World Quest cache go up from i415 to i430? New World bosses?
    You get corrupted gear with bonuses and corruption through horrific visions, and those bonuses are pretty good so, that gear usually you won't want to clean the corruption on it.

Titan residdumm will be reset, and well new affixes will be added as you know for m+.

Loads of new world quests in Uldum and Vale of eternal blossoms and you can do that with your time.

Don't need to do raids, imo.

It's a good content for a player like you.

They will make essences be a bit easier, to get but you know same old. Still hard to gear up alts and farms/grinds.

wait the new patch is today? I thought it was next week. guess that just shows how little i care about this patch, only thing i'm semi excited for is vulpera and mechagnome but idk if i really care that much to play it anytime soon since i can play one down the road.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    - New Mythic+ season and affixes related to N'Zoth.
    - Getting the new Legendary cloak and upgrading it.
    - Doing Visions and collecting mounts, pets, etc. etc.
    - Zone and WQ content in the updates zones of Uldum and the Valley of Eternal Blossoms.
    - Ny'alotha, the Waking City LFR/Normal
    - New World Bosses (Grand Empress Shek'zara, Tashara, and Vuk'laz the Earthbreaker)
    - New WQ's
    - Grab the new permanent augment rune
    - Pet/mount collection from reps and world drops.
    - Upgrade the HoA and collect new Essences

Lots to do, even at a more casual level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    wait the new patch is today? I thought it was next week. guess that just shows how little i care about this patch, only thing i'm semi excited for is vulpera and mechagnome but idk if i really care that much to play it anytime soon since i can play one down the road.
    Patch is on the 14th (1/14/20), next week.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Vulpera! And eventually the N'zoth raid on LFR a month or so from now.

Thanks for the updates, appreciate

Will there be a 8.3.5 patch with new stuff or raids?

And Shadowlands I'm hoping sticks to the August release, same as BfA and Legion launch time

1. Invasions
    2. Visions
    3. New essences
    4. New races
    5. New raid
    6. Death knights for all!
    7. New gear systems
    8. New profession stuff.
    9. New pet battles, toys, mounts
    10. New questlines

im sure there is more i am forgetting.

- - - Updated - - -

And Shadowlands I'm hoping sticks to the August release, same as BfA and Legion launch time
    8.3.5 is possible, but we dont know.
    New stuff, yeah of course if we get an 8.3.5 it wil have new stuff.
    new raids? ehhhh i dont think so. Who knows though we may get a 1 boss raid, but i doubt it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sconners88 View Post
    All you're getting is new WQs, invasions re-hashed for the 3rd time and a repeatable Chromie/Withered scenario that re-uses 90% of it's assets.

Apparently that is designed to last you the 10-12 months until Shadowlands launches.
    1. "90% of the assests" i mean yeah welcome to game development. Why make new stuff if old stuff works fine. Would you rather we only had like ONE zone and it was brand new, instead of 2( or 4) we have coming?

2. 10 months sure, but 12? yeah it is not coming out december.
    Oh wait a Zykzyk and scarecrowz fan.... ew...

There is a complete continuum of "normal players" between "casual" and your "hardcore" definition.
    The definitions are highly subjective based on one's perspective of what casual and hardcore mean. My point was, the point you're trying to make is incredibly off-topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium

There should be a pre-Shadowlands type of patch in the same way Legion got its final patch with the War of Thorns heading into BfA, it will probably be 8.3.5. Probably not a raid (and if so, a small 1-2 boss one), but some additional content to open the way into the Shadowlands story-arc proper.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

3+ Year Old Account

What a casual player does is irrelevant, what makes someone casual is the amount of time they play, absolutely nothing else. If you log in 6 hours a week just to do mythic raiding you're still a casual player.

just quit cold turkey, bro
    you'll be fine
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sconners88 View Post
    All you're getting is new WQs, invasions re-hashed for the 3rd time and a repeatable Chromie/Withered scenario that re-uses 90% of it's assets.

Apparently that is designed to last you the 10-12 months until Shadowlands launches.
    You know what's fun about video games? There's plenty of them out there, no one is forcing you to stay on WoW, it's fucking amazing to have all that freedom and choices. Go play something else and come back when WoW has enough new stuff for your taste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlFromThePit View Post
    What a casual player does is irrelevant, what makes someone casual is the amount of time they play, absolutely nothing else. If you log in 6 hours a week just to do mythic raiding you're still a casual player.
    My understanding of "casual" was always whether or not someone participated in the higher tier end-game content. Non-casual would be Mythic raiding, competitive Mythic+ dungeoneering, or high-end PvP. Casual is more like running LFR, doing the weekly Mythic and/or Timewalking runs, WQ's, and so forth.