Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    That's basically just arguing semantics at that point.
    The more important question - any US casualties reported?

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    No information I can find. News literally just said Pompeo and others just got to the white house, probably no one in the country who knows the answer to that question right now. Definitely not the imbecile who is president.

Edit: CNN just said there were some Iraqi casualties but no conformation on US casualties.
    Last edited by Xeones; 2020-01-08 at 12:36 AM.

Trump will have to retaliate now, especially if there are casualties.

Nothing he said was incorrect.

Still not going to war. Eventually we will give enough of a black eye/broken arm that they can't retaliate. That doesn't mean all out war.
    You're somebody Skroe and the rest of the forum absolutely hates and constantly attempts to T-Word him. You don't think, for one moment, I don't see what kind of shit you're trying to pull here?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Trump will have to retaliate now, especially if there are casualties.
    That's exactly what he wanted. Dead American Bodies to help him get the power he needs to distract from impeachment and try to win 2020.

This is going to turn into a big competition of who can bomb cooler shit.

I'm pretty sure this belongs in the Trump shitshow thread.

After all, this is his shitshow.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm pretty sure this belongs in the Trump shitshow thread.

After all, this is his shitshow.
    Everything has been a shit show since he started running.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.

The bases themselves may not know yet. I ran the TOC (Tactical Operations Center) for a large number of rocket attacks, and it takes time to get everyone accounted for, and find out what damage the rockets caused. Now granted, these missiles are a LOT bigger, but that might make it even harder to figure it out. When we had a C-130 crash, it took almost 10 hours to figure out who was in the building it crashed into (Everyone in the building died, but since charred corpses aren't recognizable, it took a while to figure out even how many there were.)

For reference, this is a 107mm rocket. Everyone that has been on a military base in Iraq, Afghanistan or Syria is very familiar with this suckers. These rain down constantly, they do not make the news. And yes, the rust and dirt is normal, they work just fine like this.

This is a shehab-3, the most likely missile used in this attack.

See the difference?

Hopefully Trump bombs them in return. Iran needs to be put in their place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    The bases themselves may not know yet. I ran the TOC (Tactical Operations Center) for a large number of rocket attacks, and it takes time to get everyone accounted for, and find out what damage the rockets caused. Now granted, these missiles are a LOT bigger, but that might make it even harder to figure it out. When we had a C-130 crash, it took almost 10 hours to figure out who was in the building it crashed into (Everyone in the building died, but since charred corpses aren't recognizable, it took a while to figure out even how many there were.)

For reference, this is a 107mm rocket. Everyone that has been on a military base in Iraq, Afghanistan or Syria is very familiar with this suckers. These rain down constantly, they do not make the news. And yes, the rust and dirt is normal, they work just fine like this.

This is a shehab-3, the most likely missile used in this attack.

See the difference?
    Oh dear, that's a few leagues bigger than what I thought was actually going on. oO

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    I'm just going to leave this post right here, and is going to be my go-to response for many weeks to come...
    more than likely it was just a "proportional" response so their people feel good about iran flexing its muscles.....and their pols can save face since there is really not much they can realistically do without being steamrolled.

Lets hope Trump is smart enough and listens to enough people to understand and not start another trillion dollar war
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Break The Ice View Post
    You sign up yet, bro?

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    more than likely it was just a "proportional" response so their people feel good about iran flexing its muscles.....and their pols can save face since there is really not much they can realistically do without being steamrolled.

Lets hope Trump is smart enough and listens to enough people to understand and not start another trillion dollar war
    As I posted give it a day...Iran will cal it even.
    Until Trump does his usual stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Break The Ice View Post
    [[[[DINGDINGDING]]]]

Congratulations! Thank you for showing support for your President and his Military Genius! Due to showing your support and interest publicly, you've just been drafted into the American Army! Please report to the nearest CO and receive embarkation orders to the front line Immediately!

God Speed, Soldier!

[[[[DINGDINGDING]]]]

>_<

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    You're somebody Skroe and the rest of the forum absolutely hates and constantly attempts to T-Word him. You don't think, for one moment, I don't see what kind of shit you're trying to pull here?

- - - Updated - - -

That's exactly what he wanted. Dead American Bodies to help him get the power he needs to distract from impeachment and try to win 2020.
    If you "absolutely hate" someone on an internet forum,
    don't know what to say. Yikes.
    Last edited by Somewhatconcerned; 2020-01-08 at 01:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    Oh dear, that's a few leagues bigger than what I actually thought was going on. oO
    Most of that is fuel, because it goes very fast, very high, and a very long way. The actual warhead is "Only" about 500 larger then the rocket on top. The actual precision on the Shehab-3 is very much in doubt. The Iranians claim they are very precise, but the reports from Erbil indicate that 2 of them missed the US consulate by at least a kilometer. Now we don't know if Iran was trying to miss or not, but it certainly looks like it might not be any more accurate then the Al-Hussein missiles that Saddam shot at us in '91 and '03, which were about the same size.

The problem isn't Trump, it's our entire military complex WANT this war. They presented Trump with a number of options, with killing Sulemani being the "crazy" one.

There's only two conclusions you can draw here. Either these people are dumb as hell in thinking that fucking TRUMP would not pick the crazy option, or they chose that as the "crazy" option know full well that the crazy, unhinged president would pick it.

Unfortunately, I'm going for the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    You sign up yet, bro?
    Nah, but the money from my oil futures will be nice

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    The problem isn't Trump, it's our entire military complex WANT this war. They presented Trump with a number of options, with killing Sulemani being the "crazy" one.

There's only two conclusions you can draw here. Either these people are dumb as hell in thinking that fucking TRUMP would not pick the crazy option, or they chose that as the "crazy" option know full well that the crazy, unhinged president would pick it.

Unfortunately, I'm going for the latter.
    Well he did show great restraint after the previous drone and oil tanker incidents.

But even if there are no US casualties you can't let another country strike your military bases unopposed.

Lets hope Trump is smart enough and ....
    And that's where I stopped reading. >_<