Page 78 of 124 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    huh...so Pentagon confirms that both Erbil and Al-Asad Airbase were hit with ballistic missiles fired by Iran.
    And now Camp Taji...?
    When I was in Kuwait, I sent a lot of military folks to those bases.

That was two years ago though.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel sorry for the soldiers dragged into this. Especially those trying to get a job after service. Technically it's what they signed up for but few asked for this, certainly didn't have a say.

I feel sorry for all the civilians on both sides who will be affected due to decisions out of their control.

This is something we knew might happen but no one wanted to acknowledge. Damn.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I feel sorry for the soldiers dragged into this. Especially those trying to get a job after service. Technically it's what they signed up for but few asked for this, certainly didn't have a say.

I feel sorry for all the civilians on both sides who will be affected due to decisions out of their control.

No one signs up for an egotistical fuckwit to lie themselves into a war.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Bah I don't use social media! >:/
    https://twitter.com/Conflicts - is always pretty swift with news
    https://twitter.com/Joyce_Karam - is pretty good
    https://twitter.com/Mustafa_salimb - and this lad was literally at the embassy at the start of all this

15+ Year Old Account

Imagine signing up because you thought you were going to protect your country or make the world a better place, and now you get to risk your life for this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I'm hearing that these ballistic missiles are a much bigger deal than the rockets fired by Iranian proxy militias.
    Yea they are actual missiles. Not shoulder launchers.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    I'm hearing that these ballistic missiles are a much bigger deal than the rockets fired by Iranian proxy militias.
    I posted the pictures of both in the other thread. Ballistic missiles are a bigger deal then the rockets fired by militias in the same way that a Boeing 747 is a bigger deal then a paper airplane folded by a pre-schooler.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Yea they are actual missiles. Not shoulder launchers.
    107mm aren't shoulder fired either. They are the same rockets the soviets built for those Katuyusha rocket trucks in WWII, these days they are mostly fired by leaning them against rocks or sandbags pointing in the general direction of the base. Then they hook them up to an egg timer or something so they can leave before the rockets fire.

Iraqi militias*

Calling them Iranian is just propaganda. They're Iraqi militias, made up of Iraqis and are an officially sanctioned part of the Iraqi government through the PMF. They even receive military ranks and salaries from the Iraqi government.

Unless you're going to tell me that Iraq is just an Iranian puppet state, but that would be a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    Iraqi causalities.

I see why Iraq wanted us to gtfo.
    really sucks if they had causalities but a lot of this could have been nipped in the butt if they had better protection from their own rouge militia bombing their own bases because US contractors and trainers where in there (K1 base deaths), and provided better protection of the embassy which gave trump Sulemain in his cross hairs a 2nd time.
    *Not sure it's true, was just something I read in this tread but they Iraq regular army around the embassy basically stood aside when the militia came to attack it.

And now the Iranian Air Force is out. We definitely need to cool our jets, let them avenge Soleimani. At this point I think it was a good call to strike at Soleimani based on what we know, but if this leads to a protracted war I'm not so sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its definitely not a small attack because they know what's coming after.

The US response is going to be hard and swift.

Why this response though? Because it's damn near suicide. Makes me wonder if they have some sort of play they are betting on because the attack is even dumber than what Trump did.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    I posted the pictures of both in the other thread. Ballistic missiles are a bigger deal then the rockets fired by militias in the same way that a Boeing 747 is a bigger deal then a paper airplane folded by a pre-schooler.

- - - Updated - - -

107mm aren't shoulder fired either. They are the same rockets the soviets built for those Katuyusha rocket trucks in WWII, these days they are mostly fired by leaning them against rocks or sandbags pointing in the general direction of the base. Then they hook them up to an egg timer or something so they can leave before the rockets fire.
    Heres a video from the aftermath of the kind of missiles that will have been used :

https://twitter.com/vvanwilgenburg/s...11523815366656

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Unless you're going to tell me that Iraq is just an Iranian puppet state, but that would be a lie.
    Having proxy militias in another country =/= operating a puppet government.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    Heres a video from the aftermath of the kind of missiles that will have been used :

https://twitter.com/vvanwilgenburg/s...11523815366656
    Yeah, that looks about right for a 500kg warhead. Our 1000lb bombs look about the same for crater size and overall damage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sounds sophisticated.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Iraqi militias*

Calling them Iranian is just propaganda. They're Iraqi militias, made up of Iraqis and are an officially sanctioned part of the Iraqi government through the PMF. They even receive military ranks and salaries from the Iraqi government.

I thought I read for a trusted news source that Iran took credit? Might have to go back and read it again.

Having proxy militias in another country =/= operating a puppet government.
    Did you not read what I just wrote? They're Iraqi militias sanctioned by the Iraqi government.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought I read for a trusted news source that Iran took credit? Might have to go back and read it again.

For the base attack going on right now? Yes, they did.

For the base attack last week? No, they did not.

I'd like to see these pictures. What other thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    Iran won't retaliate, they said.

This is what deterrence looks like, they said.

And now the Iranian Air Force is out. We definitely need to cool our jets, let them avenge Soleimani. At this point I think it was a good call to strike at Soleimani based on what we know, but if this leads to a protracted war I'm not so sure.
    You think it was a good idea to carry out an act of war for no reason we have been made aware of?

This was literally Trump starting a war because he doesn't think he will win in November and wants 4 more years before he goes to jail.