Sell Grumpus mount now or after new AH?

Will it be easier or harder to sell rare, epic mounts with the new AH? I have a spare Grumpus mount that I've been intending to sell. No idea how worth it will be with the new system.

10+ Year Old Account
    I say wait. Grumpus mounts should sell the best in the summer. Right now potentially a lot of people have one to sell because of Christmas.

7+ Year Old Account
    What am I missing about the AH changes that would affect your decision?

Every mount should be sold after the events occur later on. Months after. The love strider for example way after the event. Because people go on auction house selling them straight away. And it's more rare during other periods when the time events are finished.

Scenario: New player. Event is not up. Goes look into the auction house. While during the time of the event or closer many people have it or is trying to sell too and it's cheaper because of the undercuts.

I would say the prices of a mount won't change much with the new auction house.
    Not sure. But I see more differences in stuff like stacks of herbs.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2020-01-08 at 12:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Hold off - no reason to sell now unless you have like 20

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    No idea how worth it will be with the new system.
    What exactly makes you think that the system change of the AH will in any way affect the price?

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    What exactly makes you think that the system change of the AH will in any way affect the price?
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    What am I missing about the AH changes that would affect your decision?
    People have this idea that with the new AH's LIFO (last in first out) system that suddenly people won't undercut and all their stuff will sell quickly. While that's probably true for stackable items like ore and herbs I think they should be aware that TSM is already updated for 8.3 and it'll be business as usual for xmog and mounts.
    Last edited by Drusin; 2020-01-08 at 01:43 AM.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

End of expac aka now when people have gold. Nobody will give a shit about a holiday mount mid year unless they’re trying to hit an achieve; meanwhile you have end of expac people combined with people sick of farming and just willing to buy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    People have this idea that with the new AH's LIFO (last in first out) system that suddenly people won't undercut and all their stuff will sell quickly. While that's probably true for stackable items like ore and herbs I think they should be aware that TSM is already updated for 8.3 and it'll be business as usual for xmog and mounts.
    Yeah, this, exactly. I've read the changes. I've looked at the what addons are being updated. The UI will look different but the AH game, in general, is unchanged.

I'm wondering what the @Snorri sees/saw that makes him think things will be different, especially for a rare mount.