Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I took a 1,5 month break.. Oh well I wanted the dragon more than I wanted the ram so its cool.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Good thing I leveled all the alts I wanted, even some alts that I didn't touch since early Cata (back when I made a lot of new alts to see the revamped zones). Good time to return to Classic till the next major patch arrives.
    So, next week?

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    I feel really bad that people didn't get a chance to get the mount over the last two months..

I somewhat feel bad about the event ending a day early I guess, but technically they were warned it was going to end early January so - anyone who didn't get it the first TWO MONTHS it was out.. I mean no offense tho but you obviously were in prison or something if you didnt get it by now fam
    Tbh, that warning is a bit of an issue. We knew it would be early January for a long time, but we did get a very specific end time and date quite a while ago. The ingame calendar even has it. At that point it becomes a strict deadline that people actively plan around. There's probably quite a few people like me who let the sub lapse for the majority of the anni event since all the stuff that interested me in it could be done in a couple of days and my guild is taking a break atm. Mind you, I already got the stuff I wanted and am just leveling random alts with it because I can. But you can't really fault people for planning around set deadlines given by Blizzard, especially when they come at the end of the holiday season. People don't need to be in prison to not have bothered to farm stuff yet, some people just want - or have to - plan out their activities. And they can plan around deadlines given. That's kind of a skill most people today have by necessity for functioning in the world. But planning around random bugs making something inaccessible is not something people can do, tbh.
    Just for a bit of perspective, really. I can understand why some people might be irked by this, even if it didn't really affect me much, aside from slightly longer queuetimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    Just saw this golden one:
    "i only have 2 more levels and i dont know what to do"
    There was a guy like that in my trade chat as well. His problem was lack of gear, think he was 116 ilvl at 118
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    I feel really bad that people didn't get a chance to get the mount over the last two months..

I somewhat feel bad about the event ending a day early I guess, but technically they were warned it was going to end early January so - anyone who didn't get it the first TWO MONTHS it was out.. I mean no offense tho but you obviously were in prison or something if you didnt get it by now fam
    My friend rejoined the game just under a week ago, hasnt played since 8.2 launched.
    quite funny really to see in perspective of someone bad at the game, as i got everything done SUPER fast.

he earned flying today, and no we didnt go and do LITERALLY EVERY WORLD QUEST liek some said is required.

we also realized he didnt do korraks revenge and get the mount yet, as he hates pvp.

so we go, and in 2 hours he has it, we went and did all the quests quick, kill korrack, get a graveyard, burn a tower, capture a mine. then i just set up a gateway and kept guard of the base while he did rams the rest of the match, a few matches later and he was done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Tbh, that warning is a bit of an issue. We knew it would be early January for a long time, but we did get a very specific end time and date quite a while ago. The ingame calendar even has it. At that point it becomes a strict deadline that people actively plan around. There's probably quite a few people like me who let the sub lapse for the majority of the anni event since all the stuff that interested me in it could be done in a couple of days and my guild is taking a break atm. Mind you, I already got the stuff I wanted and am just leveling random alts with it because I can. But you can't really fault people for planning around set deadlines given by Blizzard, especially when they come at the end of the holiday season. People don't need to be in prison to not have bothered to farm stuff yet, some people just want - or have to - plan out their activities. And they can plan around deadlines given. That's kind of a skill most people today have by necessity for functioning in the world. But planning around random bugs making something inaccessible is not something people can do, tbh.
    Just for a bit of perspective, really. I can understand why some people might be irked by this, even if it didn't really affect me much, aside from slightly longer queuetimes.
    This would be a reasonable excuse if it ended say several days to weeks earlier, but it ended what 9 hours early? That's not enough to really use this complaint on. If someone wanted the mount they would have gotten it already. If you were casually doing it, it would take 4 days with the dailies + losing or you could get it going from 60-90ish. 2 months was plenty of time to get the mount itself. I see no problem with the event running still though, just remove the mount if they wanted it to be time limited. Though saying "people plan with the end date in mind" isn't really feasible if it ended ~9 hours early and that is the reason why they didn't get the mount.

The ingame calendar even has it.
    You know how many times I've shocked people by telling them /calendar exists? Not that many to be honest but enough to make me think a lot of people just don't know about it.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    I took a 1,5 month break.. Oh well I wanted the dragon more than I wanted the ram so its cool.
    My friend earned both in 3 hours, im sure if you tried you coulda got it, back before you took your break, or if you just recently returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Though saying "people plan with the end date in mind" isn't really feasible if it ended ~9 hours early and that is the reason why they didn't get the mount.
    Whenever I have something to do in wow with a time limit I always plan around the end time. I math it out up until that last moment lol
    My Collection

7+ Year Old Account
    We knew from the day it launched what day it would end.
    Why it was a huge theory 8.3 was coming in december, cause of santa pepe, and because it had minor changes in it to acheivements for the aniversary event.
    you could have just looked at your calender mate.
    Also literally never ever leave stuff to the last minute, only stupid people do that, especially if there is ANY chance something can happen out of your control.

Power goes out
    Servers get ddosed
    your internet goes out
    you have a family emergency
    computer part breaks
    etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Whenever I have something to do in wow with a time limit I always plan around the end time. I math it out up until that last moment lol
    dont do that, ever.

I'm glad Korrak's is gone though, I got tired of hearing about that shit every day.

"wts freehold boost"

iMaGINE PayING fOR a leVEL boOSt WHEN KORrak's EXISts

"Hey guys what's the quickest way to level?"

JUST Go DO KOrraK'S
    My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    We knew from the day it launched what day it would end.
    Why it was a huge theory 8.3 was coming in december, cause of santa pepe, and because it had minor changes in it to acheivements for the aniversary event.
    you could have just looked at your calender mate.
    Also literally never ever leave stuff to the last minute, only stupid people do that, especially if there is ANY chance something can happen out of your control.

Power goes out
    Servers get ddosed
    your internet goes out
    you have a family emergency
    computer part breaks
    etc.

- - - Updated - - -

dont do that, ever.
    Yeah, I did, that's how I planned it for me. Though especially with online games, I tend to not really have much in terms of problems with leaving stuff till the end. Most games I play are pretty good with that sort of stuff and if their side causes an issue, they usually just extend it. I never leave it till the last minute, naturally. But some people have to due to hectic lives. I don't judge them. If the event has a strict end date announced and it is made inaccessible before that without that being conveyed beforehand, then people got a right to complain. It's still content they paid for, one way or another. Consumers have any right to be irked if there are issues with the product.

This would be a reasonable excuse if it ended say several days to weeks earlier, but it ended what 9 hours early? That's not enough to really use this complaint on. If someone wanted the mount they would have gotten it already. If you were casually doing it, it would take 4 days with the dailies + losing or you could get it going from 60-90ish. 2 months was plenty of time to get the mount itself. I see no problem with the event running still though, just remove the mount if they wanted it to be time limited. Though saying "people plan with the end date in mind" isn't really feasible if it ended ~9 hours early and that is the reason why they didn't get the mount.
    The several days thing is actually part of the reasons why. Some people might not have liked the very repetitive grind of getting badges through stuff like mine runs - especially since lots of groups just reported you afk for doing that - and instead figured to just do the dailies for the last X days and that working out. That is planning with the end date in mind, too. 9 hours are enough for people that work relatively long to just have gotten home and not yet finished (or started) the dailies yet.

I mean, Blizz fixed it by now anyway, so it was obviously a bug. Let people complain about bugs, it's their right as customers, really.

Some people might not have liked the very repetitive grind of getting badges through stuff like mine runs- especially since lots of groups just reported you afk for doing that -
    You got zero badges for doing mine runs. You only got it for capturing it to your control. So being in mines was a waste of time for everyone and that was why.

I mean, Blizz fixed it by now anyway, so it was obviously a bug. Let people complain about bugs, it's their right as customers, really.
    There's a difference between complaining about a bug and complaining because you didn't finish something in time. If it was something like a week event I can see it differently, but not the case on this. It's perfectly fine for them to complain that the event ended. Complaining though that it ended and they didn't get their mount is a bit different since that's on them as they had the entirety of 2 months to do it.

You got zero badges for doing mine runs. You only got it for capturing it to your control. So being in mines was a waste of time for everyone and that was why.

There's a difference between complaining about a bug and complaining because you didn't finish something in time. If it was something like a week event I can see it differently, but not the case on this. It's perfectly fine for them to complain that the event ended. Complaining though that it ended and they didn't get their mount is a bit different since that's on them as they had the entirety of 2 months to do it.
    Well, it's not about 'complaining that the event ended' but rather that 'a bug made the event hard to access while it was still active'. There is a bit of a difference there. Paying customers have the right to complain about services not being accessible during times they should be. The maint currently going on? That's not something people should complain about. But a bug making it inaccessible (unless you realized the workaround of course) is something that people can complain about, even if they had a theoretical 2 months of time.
    It is very much a valid playstyle for this game to unsub for a bit when nothing much is going on and to pick up your sub when a new patch comes around. The overall length of an event becomes meaningless under such considerations. I mean, I personally just resubbed a few days ago following that logic. I got all I wanted out of it (well, one char didn't get to turn in Korrag quest due to realm restarts but w/e, haha). Some people might cut it shorter, maybe because they didn't have time to play over the holidays, maybe because they want to make the most out of their money.
    From the perspective of people who are not continuously subbed, the two months duration doesn't really mean much. Especially since all the content from this Anniversary event could be completed in a few days.

Its gone early for EU? Is that the issue?
    Because it was supposed to be gone today for US, but I geuss it was supposed to be one more day there?
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's still up EU, but for some reason you need to be in somewhere instanced to sometimes see it (Garrison). We've just had server restart but it's still there for a few more hours. I've loved it, been great for Alts, I have levelled so many Characters that I honestly don't even see me playing most of them (GLHF essences).

Would love for them to release W:L Ratio stats for it. Pretty sure Horde must be 80%+ win rate
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Good thing I leveled all the alts I wanted, even some alts that I didn't touch since early Cata (back when I made a lot of new alts to see the revamped zones). Good time to return to Classic till the next major patch arrives.
    Pretty much. I leveled 6 characters from 110-120 that were leftover slave alts from legion. Now got all my characters/classes I needed to max 120 EXCEPT for my worthless panda shadow priest which was a wasted boost from legion bought. Still level 110 but I hate shadowpriest and panda looks like trash so RIP that char. Maybe when I come back to wow I'll level that one up with the squished levels in shadowlands.

Worst part was the 3-4 hours it took to get the AV mount but slogged through it. Getting deathwing mount/AV mount and leveling needed alts was the first thing I did after being unsubbed for 7 months. Did all that within the first 4 days. Idk why people wait until the last week/day. I procrastinate too but cmon now lol...

leveled a rog, warlock, mage, demon hunter and a paladin.
    I am good to go for the next expansion.

I still got the Zinfizzlex's Portable Shredder Unit quest to turn in on my main. I hope the event returns the next anniversary.

10+ Year Old Account
    MY GOD!!! Who do I send the check too. I read these and laughed so hard I think I strained a nut. My good nut too.