View Poll Results: ??

Voters
74. This poll is closed
  • I want Ragnaros and similar servers to be disconnected with EN speaking realms

51 68.92%
  • I want Ragnaros and similar servers to not be disconnected with EN speaking realms

23 31.08%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post
    Game is already dying. Segregate the player base would be the last nail in the coffin.
    Also, language barrier isn't an issue in this game, but a poor excuse.

I mean, it's your "right" to kick south american players, but you are promoting a toxic environment.

You know why FFXIV has the best community? There are no LATAM/BR servers, that doens't mean LATAM/BR people aren't playing FFXIV.

Either way, it's a bad idea, I strongly doubt Blizzard would take this serious.
    There is probably some huge selection bias on that FFXIV part. I'm a Brazilian expat, so this post mainly comes from that point of view.

The amount of Brazilians that can dedicate 5% of a minimum wage towards one game's subscription per month (plus 20% of a minimum wage just to buy base + ShB) AND has a decent enough gear to run the game AND can tick one of those JDEF boxes means you are selecting for what, less than 1% of the Brazillian community? Less than 5% of Brazilians gamers?

WoW has language support, about half the cost (because of localisation price, not even counting paying for the sub with in-game monies) and can be run on a glorified potato.

You can bet your ass if there was a localisation effort for South America, those servers would be a pot of trolling, toxicity and shittyness. Just like WoW's "SA" servers.
    Last edited by Dudenoso; 2020-01-07 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Funny thing is, normally the misconception is reverse. Most people think Brazilians speak Spanish because most of South America speaks Spanish. lol
    They think us portuguese people speak spanish too, although we live pretty close, that's not the case, and for me it's not a reality at all, i barely can talk spanish. I even mistake spanish with italian sometimes and say "andiamoooo, señorito." (just an example). I'm better at english than i will ever be at those languages. lol

(Actually most people in portugal knows english we use it all the time, all people between 12-35years old knows english. I'm on EU and im on a english guild, living in hastings, and we speak pretty normal, and every portuguese player can do it. Not so much for brazillians. As i said before it's harder for them in NA. But they are there because of the timezones only.)

Sorry if i'm getting a bit out of the post context, just explaining some stuff to people.

Also, we portuguese have our whole interface in english and quests, everything. BR use their quests and spoken words, and all items in BR.

PT on achievements: My Sack is "Gigantique"
    BR on achievements: Meu saco é "Enorme".
    Last edited by Shakana; 2020-01-07 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    BR on achievements: Meu saco é "Enorme".
    LOL I can't even.

LOL I can't even.
    It's actually fun some names lol

If just 15% of the NA understood what this means, they would have a laugh. xD
    "Portais da esperança!" omg i can't too lol

Even the bosses names change. How can you even communicate with NA: Let's kill Valithria Andassonho(Dreamwalker).

Well in EU we get symbols from russians too... but you know...
    Last edited by Shakana; 2020-01-07 at 10:31 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Funny thing is, normally the misconception is reverse. Most people think Brazilians speak Spanish because most of South America speaks Spanish. lol
    Most people from the US that I know of think South America is Mexico, Brazil and some kind of uncharted jungle

I was once told that Argentina was located in Asia
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

I won't pretend to care about communication, I just think that 99% of those players are shit. Whenever I'm in a rando dungeon and someone is performing poorly it's usually someone from one of those realms.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Most people from the US that I know of think South America is Mexico, Brazil and some kind of uncharted jungle

I was once told that Argentina was located in Asia
    I know Americans are bad at geography, but that's the first time I've heard that.

Nope, nothing would change the situation.
    Portuguese and Spanish are not the same language.

Just be aware of what you are pugging with and that's the best you'll do.
    They aren't degenerates.
    Just some times its a gamble.

Had it today, bombkin refused to take treants and wouldn't communicate.
    Also failed to use Solar Beam until about 20 minutes into the key.

Other than that, he did fine realistically.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Man, I always wondered how your president could make your whole fuckin country racist. Turns out all of you already were.
    could you not like seriously?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It really doesnt matter in all my years of playing wow I have only witnessed one (1) good player from Rag and he was a lock so... yeah.

I dont know what it is about the SA population that plays this game but they all seem to have the education of a 6 year old Alabama kid

No because I'm not racist. What if I'm the only English speaker in the group? I wouldn't expect people to demand that I know their language. That's just stupid and racist.

It's pretty easy. In chat link their name. Type in the marker and then mark the mob. Good players will figure it out. Bad players wouldn't listen in any language.

E.g. [>Munkeyinorbit {square}]
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Being racist is not playing with someone from a server just because you're know they're from Latin America.

Learn what racism is.
    ok to put into perspective i dont want to play with a human mage because my belf dk speaks orcish and not common. that makes me racist then?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    Nope, nothing would change the situation.
    Portuguese and Spanish are not the same language.

Just be aware of what you are pugging with and that's the best you'll do.
    They aren't degenerates.
    Just some times its a gamble.

Had it today, bombkin refused to take treants and wouldn't communicate.
    Also failed to use Solar Beam until about 20 minutes into the key.

Other than that, he did fine realistically.
    They're in the same family...but yeah they aren't even close to the same language. English, German, and Dutch are in the same family. And French and Italian are in the same family as Spanish/Portuguese too.

5+ Year Old Account
    I know Americans are bad at geography, but that's the first time I've heard that.
    Lol I can attest to that. I was asked once about my place of residence, after a M+ that had gone particularly smooth, so I answered "Buenos Aires" - and someone said "is that near India?" ;.....;
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    ok to put into perspective i dont want to play with a human mage because my belf dk speaks orcish and not common. that makes me racist then?
    Inanely so, but yes.

Not wanting to play with someone because of where they are from is virtually the definition of racism.

And people advocating for all the South American servers to be isolated is just segregation.

There. I said it. You're all advocating for a return of segregation.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Lol I can attest to that. I was asked once about my place of residence, after a M+ that had gone particularly smooth, so I answered "Buenos Aires" - and someone said "is that near India?" ;.....;
    I wonder if you ask them where New Delhi is, they'll go "Argentina!?"

Inanely so, but yes.

Not wanting to play with someone because of where they are from is virtually the definition of racism.

And people advocating for all the South American servers to be isolated is just segregation.

There. I said it. You're all advocating for a return of segregation.

Expecting people to want to be with and associate with people they cant understand and communicate with is diversity for the sake of diversity. It's unfair to both sides and completely unwanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    Expecting people to want to be with and associate with people they cant understand and communicate with is diversity for the sake of diversity. It's unfair to both sides and completely unwanted.
    I'm pretty sure the Brazil and others need the NA servers. There are 5 Brazil server listed, and if their population is anything like the NA, most of their servers would be ghost towns and doing dungeons and LFR and some of the World bosses would be limited to prime time only and maybe limited to 20 groups a week. The only time it is a real problem is when one of the people is a tank in a LFR group, and they are trying coordinated taunts and such

I doubt this is a diversity for diversity issue. It's a money issue at it's core and a sloppy workaround because there probably isn't a better solution available. Walling off the South American servers would probably kill the game in that area.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2020-01-08 at 03:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Brazil and others need the NA servers. I don't know how many BR servers there are, but if their population is anything like the NA, most of their servers would be ghost towns and doing dungeons and LFR and some of the World bosses would be limited to prime time only and maybe limited to 20 groups a week. The only time it is a real problem is when one of the people is a tank in a LFR group, and they are trying coordinated taunts.

I doubt this is a diversity for diversity issue. It's a money issue at it's core and a sloppy workaround because there probably isn't a better solution available. Walling off the South American servers would probably kill the game in that area.
    I wasn't talking about merging servers, I was speaking more about how its not racist for people wanting to not be communicate with people that don't speak their language.

As for the Brazil servers though they're pretty good. There are 5 of them with the lowest being listed as high (One is new player). However Tol'barad is pretty empty most of the time, but the others have a good population.

3+ Year Old Account
    Being racist is not playing with someone from a server just because you're know they're from Latin America.

Learn what racism is.
    Being from a region has nothing to do with race. There are different races living in different region. That's like Iran saying "death to America" and you showing up being like "yo you racist you hate whites?" as if there was no Latinos, Black or Asian Americans.

Being racist would be refusing to group with latino players who live in America, or any other place in the world, because the motivation behind the act is their race. The motivation behind not playing with players from LA servers has nothing to do with their race. They could be whites, blacks, asians, furries or even sasquatch from these servers and people would still blacklist them, because the motivation is NOT racially based, making it BY DEFINITION NOT RACIST.

It's really not hard to understand. Race and geographical location are 2 entirely different things. Which you obviously did not learn which is why I told you to LEARN WHAT RACISM IS. You objectively do not know what racism is. But maybe now you do since I explained it in details. So forget the wrong definition you previously used.