Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Alliance Guide: How to get Rank 10 while afk

Queue for AV and run to Icewing Bunker and tab out and afk (remember to tab-in roughly every minute and half and jump).

Your tab will glow orange when you're attacked, let yourself die. Do not tab-in to defend, defending IWB will actually prolong the game. Die fast and move away from graveyard and tab-out/afk for two to three cycles (60-90ish seconds) and then return to GY and rez and port to Van. Run inside Van's room and afk rest of game.

No horde will take your tag in Van's room if you die (very unlikely anyway, hasn't happened yet in over hundreds of games).

No one will think you're afk either (on the macro scale anyway).

I hit Rank 10 on two characters and got the entry level PvP gear two weeks in a row.

If you have term papers to write, jobs to do, careers to uphold, etc, this is a solid method of afk-ranking to 10. I had no afk reports.

In fact, I've been falsely reported AFK on my Spriest main for actually defending/playing the game many times! and yet never reported AFK while on my alts that are actually AFK grinding. So, if you dont bother anyone, they won't bother you.

On further notice; if the game goes beyond 12 minutes, leave. That's a rule. All my games that have gone past 12 minutes have actually gone on for more than 30-60 minutes afterwards.

Just leave at 12 minutes unless the BG is at the very precipice of win/loss. Good rule of thumb.

Enjoy your afk grind!

PS.

Works best for night elves. Shadowmeld inside some deep/remote corner of a Bunker on the mid-floor. Remember to pretend to be PvPing if the bunker is lost and then die fast and shadowmeld again at Van.

name checks out

Dont enjoy the game? Dont play it!

Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    Dont enjoy the game? Dont play it!
    And still reap the rewards!

I love this thread. I really do. OP gives no qualms about his perceived laziness and opportunistic strategy. lol Bravo, sir. If I played Classic, I'd do this to get rank 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I love this thread. I really do. OP gives no qualms about his perceived laziness and opportunistic strategy. lol Bravo, sir. If I played Classic, I'd do this to get rank 10.
    Naw cause even tho you arent "playing", you still gotta be there to move before you afk out in 5 mins. And youd need to keep this up around 8 hrs a day to hit rank 10. You can level up somewhat casually for a while but then u gotta continuously be top 6% of your server for a few weeks to hit rank 10.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Naw cause even tho you arent "playing", you still gotta be there to move before you afk out in 5 mins. And youd need to keep this up around 8 hrs a day to hit rank 10. You can level up somewhat casually for a while but then u gotta continuously be top 6% of your server for a few weeks to hit rank 10.
    Oh... well that sounds like hard work when it's supposed to be easy afking.

You mislead us, OP!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Oh... well that sounds like hard work when it's supposed to be easy afking.

You mislead us, OP!
    Very easy with a bot lol. Just risking that ban haha

On the horde side, there is tree right as you drop from IB gy. While everyone keeps moving, you can just stop there and every few minutes move your mouse or press a key. Did this for like 2 days when working from home. If you have a job that allows you to work from home then there you have ~8 hours for 5 days worth of honor. As a bonus, you can grab a cheap wireless mouse if you don't already have one and also do it while watching a movie. 2 weeks later I completely dropped classic though.

Back in the days I did Arathi Basin...stood at mines afk. Managed to get sub 10 in standing.
    Worst PvP system ever.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Back in the days I did Arathi Basin...stood at mines afk. Managed to get sub 10 in standing.
    Worst PvP system ever.
    Yes because clearly the system is the problem.

Not the useless, lazy-ass people AFK watching Netflix while others are actually trying to win the game

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post

Not the useless, lazy-ass people AFK watching Netflix while others are actually trying to win the game
    cant fault people for taking the path of least resistance. i personally wouldnt do it, because thats not my cup of tea, but you cant blame them. even less so when they are not even botting and preventing the afk by themselves.

and yes, the system is the biggest problem.

what? Ofc it's a problem with the system since that's what the system fosters. You had to no life it to get anywhere with the pvp system or you stood no chance... thus AFK farming was born. Wins or losses were irrelevant, all that mattered were time. If time is the only thing that matters, AFK farming is the best course of action.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    cant fault people for taking the path of least resistance. i personally wouldnt do it, because thats not my cup of tea, but you cant blame them. even less so when they are not even botting and preventing the afk by themselves.

and yes, the system is the biggest problem.
    Manually pressing space bar once every 3.5 minutes is literally no better, in terms of contributing to the BG, than just botting. So forgive me if I don't 'commend' people for that.

And before anyone comes at me like 'like u haven't afk'd in a BG', I haven't. Literally never. I value my account too much to risk serious action being taken against it, and generally speaking I'm not a lazy-ass that piggybacks off the work other people do.

Well, yes. The system rewards how much time you spend, not how you spend that time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Well, yes. The system rewards how much time you spend, not how you spend that time.
    I'm aware how it works, I made it to LC alliance side in vanilla. My point was more that in general, people who actually play/engage with the game don't queue up for BGs to lose them because 15 out of 40 people are AFK/bots whatever.

Manually pressing space bar once every 3.5 minutes is literally no better, in terms of contributing to the BG, than just botting. So forgive me if I don't 'commend' people for that.
    in terms of contribution, no. but the difference is that they dont violate the TOS. and as long as you dont use 3rd party software, nothing can happen to your account if you afk in bgs. not in classic and not in retail.

Gear has never been enough of a motivator for me in WoW to want to do something like this.

I agree the system is garbage, but every honor system in the game has been about nothing but grinding, so it's not any better or worse than any other. It just takes longer.

It doesn't absolve the people of doing this, but both parties are at fault here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    in terms of contribution, no. but the difference is that they dont violate the TOS. and as long as you dont use 3rd party software, nothing can happen to your account if you afk in bgs. not in classic and not in retail.
    Wouldn't know and don't plan on finding out.

This is just one of those things that smacks of entitlement to me. "I just don't have the time to no-life PvP for these prestigious rewards, but I deserve them anyway so imma afk my way to rank 10!"

And yeah I realize my stance on this isn't making me any friends, but I feel like people who can't be assed to do what is needed shouldn't get the same rewards as those who do. It's absurd.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-01-08 at 03:48 PM.

Wouldn't know and don't plan on finding out.

This is just one of those things that smacks of entitlement to me. "I just don't have the time to no-life PvP for these prestigious rewards, but I deserve them anyway so imma afk my way to rank 10!"

And yeah I realize my stance on this isn't making me any friends, but I feel like people who can't be assed to do what is needed shouldn't get the same rewards as those who do. It's absurd.
    i agree with you. thats why i said the problem is the pvp system.