Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    exceptions happen, humans are major enemies of the horde, but we did some allies with the kul'tirans

this don't mean kul'ltirans will be playabe in horde
    SO exceptions can happen for that, but can't happen to former enemy races becoming friends like Blood elves were to the orcs or a faction of an enemy race joining the friends like Darkspears joined the horde - are you only accepting exceptions when they make your point, but arguing against them when they are quite valid for the points you disagree with?

At least your arguments help strengthen our convictions and help us clarify and better articulate our thoughts, and if not, at least keep us coming back . Just don't be so angry and au contraire all the time, and it's okay to be wrong even if you don't like it, humility is a virtue.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    SO exceptions can happen for that, but can't happen to former enemy races becoming friends like Blood elves were to the orcs or a faction of an enemy race joining the friends like Darkspears joined the horde - are you only accepting exceptions when they make your point, but arguing against them when they are quite valid for the points you disagree with?
    did blood elves became friends with the orcs from day to night? right after the second war? or some big major things happens before, things like the almost execution of their race and the betrayal of their former allies?

just one exception don't make a rule, much time and lore should pass to centaurs and taurens lose their hatred and start to forging something, is not something done in a week

At least your arguments help strengthen our convictions and help us clarify and better articulate our thoughts, and if not, at least keep us coming back . Just don't be so angry and au contraire all the time, and it's okay to be wrong even if you don't like it, humility is a virtue.
    your arguments are just deflecting and false equivalence, i will not be proven wrong by that, if you come with actual arguments i can take it, i do know humility, something elves and elf players don't

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-01-07 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Received Infraction

did blood elves became friends with the orcs from day to night? right after the second war? or some big major things happens before, things like the almost execution of their race and the betrayal of their former allies?

just one exception don't make a rule, much time and lore should pass to centaurs and taurens lose their hatred and start to forging something, is not something done in a week
    I should have said allies instead of friends.. if that's your only objection, then take my reply as the words "friends" being swapped with allies. Appropriately, blizzard added lore to explain the situation, is it so hard to believe the same can't happen with Centaurs? The lore isn't currently there, but when the event happens, the lore is introduced to help make sense to the player why this is happening.

your arguments are just deflecting and false equivalence, i will not be proven wrong by that, if you come with actual arguments i can take it, i do know humility, something elves and elf players don't
    You keep saying that, yet you are the one deflecting, just like above, rather than interpret friends for the context iI was actually using it as (which was allies), you picked on the term friends, as if to say because they aren't friends (in the conventional most recognised meaning of the word) then what I said wasn't valid at all when it really isn't what I said.

And you keep using false equivalence as some sort of vindication of your point where really that's not the point of the exercise, this is a what if topic, lore parallesl are being drawn, and used to explain new concepts and ideas, people aren't going to get exact equivalences, or the perfect equivalence, there points aren't invalid because it isn't a perfect equivalence, that doesn't need to happen, just try and see what information they are trying to convey in the way they are trying to convey it. I know it is not always easy because we are not always precise, and some of us are not as intelligent as you or perfectly correct /astute. Please be understanding of this, and adjust your perspective for the benefit of corporation, less stress and you know friendship as we kinda all share the same love.

If I may offer some counsel? Sometimes you're right, especially if we were being precise to the issue the equivalence was entirely about, but if the analogies aren't 100% correct, doesn't mean the persons whole argument or point is now invalid and therefore incorrect. You don't have to be right all the time.. you may have been trained that way (I know some academic circles do like to focus people with that mindset, some families too create that environment), especially competitive ones. It doesn't have to be that way, it's not always about winning the argument or point, at least not here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Yes, yes I would.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I should have said allies instead of friends.. if that's your only objection, then take my reply as the words "friends" being swapped with allies. Appropriately, blizzard added lore to explain the situation, is it so hard to believe the same can't happen with Centaurs? The lore isn't currently there, but when the event happens, the lore is introduced to help make sense to the player why this is happening.
    blood elves by now are already friends to orcs and trolls, you know, they give a satisfactory and lore friendly excuse for the blood elves joining the horde, something not done in 1 expansion later, its something being build since warcraft 3, more than 10 years ago

if something like that happen with centaurs, there is no problem, but as things are now, with nothing seeming to change, its rly hard to swallow

You keep saying that, yet you are the one deflecting, just like above, rather than interpret friends for the context iI was actually using it as (which was allies), you picked on the term friends, as if to say because they aren't friends (in the conventional most recognised meaning of the word) then what I said wasn't valid at all when it really isn't what I said.
    you quoted me, its your problem if you "interpret" wrong, or because you are hurt because I proved that nightborne druids make no sense
    And you keep using false equivalence as some sort of vindication of your point where really that's not the point of the exercise, this is a what if topic, lore parallesl are being drawn, and used to explain new concepts and ideas, people aren't going to get exact equivalences, or the perfect equivalence, there points aren't invalid because it isn't a perfect equivalence, that doesn't need to happen, just try and see what information they are trying to convey in the way they are trying to convey it. I know it is not always easy because we are not always precise, and some of us are not as intelligent as you or perfectly correct /astute. Please be understanding of this, and adjust your perspective for the benefit of corporation, less stress and you know friendship as we kinda all share the same love.
    just because "lore can be created, is not a free pass to let every shit and nonsense happen from thin air, things have to be build, things have to change, the lore need to evolve and things like that take a lot of time

right now centaurs and quilboars are mortal enemies of the tauren and horde, the conflict must end, lot of things must change with then so they can start reconciled, not just their leader but their mentality, its not something done in one expansion of difference

if they did that, in a satisfactory way, there is no problem with that, even quilboar would be a great race

If I may offer some counsel?
    please, you know i don't take advice from elves right?

I'd play a Dryad, but I'd prefer a Naga.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    I've always wanted centaurs, just not WoW centaurs, the centaurs in Crowfall I think the game is called look amazing, roman legion kinda vibe
    This is exactly how I feel too. Would love centaurs if done right!

No. The world isn't ready for the definitive answer on "How does a Centaur wear pants?"
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    No. The world isn't ready for the definitive answer on "How does a Centaur wear pants?"
    They don't, "pants" or leg-slot armor would probably translate into barding, specifically a crupper and/or peytral (rear and frontal armor, respectively).
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-01-07 at 01:36 AM.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Short answer: no
    Long answer: nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

7+ Year Old Account
    Nope, wouldn't even consider it.

YES. The game needs more 'weird' races.

As I see it, there are 4 factors standing in the way of Centaur:

1. Old Models
    Few people are going to consider Centaur a viable option until those vanilla models get a good update. Same with Gnolls. Once they suddenly look gorgeously HD, you'll get people actually desiring it. Right now they aren't on anyone's radar.
    -Fixed with updated models.

2. Old Hatreds.
    These guys once preyed on the Tauren and have been a nuisance. It's still the first thing that comes to a lot of people's minds.
    -The Horde has been trying to befriend one clan to turn against the others since Vanilla. Tauren have a leading role in this. I'd say this is therefore not an issue anymore. It's not a good criticism to even bring up.

3. Armor models.
    This was actually once the biggest hurdle. It was always the main argument against Naga, even by Blizzard. A race being able to show off their iconic class sets was important.
    -Mechagnome misses more than just leg appearance. And class armor got abandoned in BfA as well. So Blizzard seems to have come around on this.

4. (Flying) mounts.
    Here it gets difficult. Mounts form a big reward system of WoW. There's no way you can put these races on a mount. This will be a big barrier to Blizzard.
    -No big solution here. I'm sure you could give them Elemental Windwalk for Centaur, or druidic wings for Dryads to get around flying, as well as a "Longrunning" ability to use as a ground mount. That sounds like a good solution. But it leaves one problem... Multiple Passenger Mounts.

So, would I play one? Heck yeah. It makes sense. And if given good model options, would represent a very interesting option. But the passenger mount problem has me reduce their likelihood from a 7 out of 10 to a 5 out of 10.

Y'know, I would play as centaur, but I'd want their HD models to be a bit less rubbish, a bit more 'rugged' and less ' nasty' for one. For another, they could theoretically just be Alliance if we're hung up on the Tauren angle, but how about this take? Fuck the age-old hatred. Write some pocket group of centaur that want to mend the bridge. Or write some new lore that just buries the hatchet. Is there even a place in the game anymore where this animus plays out directly and specifically to the tauren? I haven't leveled out of Mulgore in a while, is there centaur there? Because at this point, anywhere you fight them it's just as generic baddies as far as I can remember.

But yeah, if they can lorefuck in order to have Night Elf mages by suddenly having Tyrande et al just kinda "get over it", they can certainly return the favor at least once (since they don't seem willing to ever give the same courtesy so that Thalassian elves can be druids). So bring on those Horde centaur.

I have a better suggestion. Mogu for Alliance and Tol'vir for the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd absolutely play as a dryad, but couldn't care less about centaurs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    I have a better suggestion. Mogu for Alliance and Tol'vir for the Horde.
    Seems like the other way around would make more sense, IMO. The Mogu definitely seem more Horde-like given their martial mentality and history, whereas the Tol'vir seem more like the Alliance.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Seems like the other way around would make more sense, IMO. The Mogu definitely seem more Horde-like given their martial mentality and history, whereas the Tol'vir seem more like the Alliance.
    The new mogu faction in 8.3 is just as lawful good as the Alliance thanks to the involvement of Ra-Den.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    The new mogu faction in 8.3 is just as lawful good as the Alliance thanks to the involvement of Ra-Den.
    That seems a bit of a stretch considering we know next to nothing about them. It's quite probable that the Mogu of the Rajani still espouse their normal views about martial strength (given that they're still soldiers of the Keeper), tempered somewhat by Highkeeper Ra's presence. Though Highkeeper Ra himself isn't the kindest of people, either.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I forgot about the mount situation. Perhaps a good time to re-introduce Plainsrunning then.
    Wouldn't fly, people would complain about not being able to use their mounts on their main (centaur).
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself