Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

How can people say the US started the conflict with Iran??

Are people really that out of touch with reality? Do they lurk in Echo chambers? Terribly missinformed? Mental disease?

May 2019 - Iran attacks oil tankers in the gulf. Trump does nothing.

June 2019 - Iran Shoots down US drown. Trump does nothing.

July 2019 - Iran seizes British oil tanker. Trump does nothing.

September 2019 - Iran attacks Saudi state run oil co. Trump does nothing.

December 2019 - Iran attacks US military bases in Iraq. Trump does nothing.

December 2019 - Iran storms the US embassy in Baghdad. Trump does nothing.

January 2020 - The US retaliates and kills a terrorist general that EVEN the IRANIANS want dead

Literally every single media outlet: "Omg trump started this!!! He proves again that he is a clown!"

Even germany said the Iranians were behind the oil tank attacks

What the actual fuck is going on in peoples heads?? HOW DID TRUMP AND THE US START THIS?? Like how far are people willing to go to shit on Trump? Yeah I get it he's not the best but come on, you're literally supporting an evil regime that kills their own people and supress basic human rights. Move to Iran if the west is that fucking bad. You don't deserve to stand among us.

And dont give me the "Oh the US should never have been in the middle east to begin with". Do you have a short attention span? Not that long ago the US left the turks alone and STILL its somehow the US' fault because they are "Abandoning allies". See? They literally cannot win no matter what they do. Absolute sheep and zero introspection within themselves. I am ashamed.
    An'u belore delen'na

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Indres View Post
    Are people really that out of touch with reality? Do they lurk in Echo chambers? Terribly missinformed? Mental disease?

January 2020 - The US retaliates and kills a terrorist general that EVEN the IRANIANS want dead

Literally every single media outlet: "Omg trump started this!!! He proves again that he is a clown!"

What the actual fuck is going on in peoples heads?? HOW DID TRUMP AND THE US START THIS?? Like how far are people willing to go to shit on Trump? Yeah I get it he's not the best but come on, you're literally supporting an evil regime that kills their own people and supress basic human rights. Move to Iran if the west is that fucking bad. You don't deserve to stand among us.

And dont give me the "Oh the US should never have been in the middle east to begin with". Do you have a short attention span? Not that long ago the US left the turks alone and STILL its somehow the US' fault because they are "Abandoning allies". See? They literally cannot win no matter what they do. Absolute sheep and zero introspection within themselves. I am ashamed.
    The conflict? Well, google "Shah" and see why the US (together with the brits) started the conflict.

History did not begin in May 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    The conflict? Well, google "Shah" and see why the US (together with the brits) started the conflict.
    That's like 40 years ago under different leadership and different circumstances, thats the same as saying germany shouldn't be able to have a military because they started two world wars
    An'u belore delen'na

That's like 40 years ago under different leadership and different circumstances, thats the same as saying germany shouldn't be able to have a military because they started two world wars
    Apples and oranges.

You’re arguing from an extremely ignorant perspective.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

*proceeds to list all the stuff Iran did while greatly exaggerating it but leaves out everything the US did*
    At best your misinformed, at worst you're outright trying to deceive people.

If you are going back in time, didn't the US assassinate the leader of Iran in the 70s, and replace him with a brutal pro-US dictator who destroyed the country and tortured/murdered countless innocent civilians?

They might still be kinda buttrustled about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    So only you are allowed to set arbitrary starting points?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    If you are going back in time, didn't the US assassinate the leader of Iran in the 70s, and replace him with a brutal pro-US dictator who destroyed the country and tortured/murdered countless innocent civilians?

They might still be kinda buttrustled about that.
    50s and they didn't kill him: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1953_I..._d%27%C3%A9tat

But yeah, that's the reason for the revolution and the starting point of "death to america" i wonder why... just that they ousted a democratic elected government and installed an autocratic despot? Some people are just so ungrateful.

Fourty years is still very recent, not to mention the german military is still bound by treaties, it is not allowed to be bigger than 370k

Because some people don't like facts. Funny how they didn't give a shit when drone strikes happened under Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Because some people don't like facts. Funny how they didn't give a shit when drone strikes happened under Obama.
    Zenkai, the second post in this thread quickly adresses the point on why the US (with the brits) started this shit.
    You chose to ignore that.
    Last edited by Thepersona; 2020-01-08 at 05:00 PM.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

What facts do people not like? And people gave a shit about drone strikes.

And dont give me the "Oh the US should never have been in the middle east to begin with". Do you have a short attention span? Not that long ago the US left the turks alone and STILL its somehow the US' fault because they are "Abandoning allies". See? They literally cannot win no matter what they do.
    You can "win" by staying out of everyone else's fucking business you revolting little imperialist gobshite.

Here ya go, it simply takes going back before the events that fit your narrative.

May 8, 2018 President Trump announces the withdrawal from the Iran deal. Iran, France, Britain and Germany say they will stay in the pact.

August-November 2018 The United States reimposes economic sanctions targeting Iran's energy, financial, shipping and shipbuilding industries.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's sooooo cute!

Just because i think the US (70 years ago btw. - so all the people responsible are dead by now) started this whole conflict, it doesn't mean i side with Iran. Far from that. I'd rather see their current regime removed yesterday than today. And hell yeah, i rather live on a world dominated by the US than Russia or China.

Still, that doesn't mean i justify everything the US does. Regime change has to be done careful, and the US track record isn't that great in the middle east. And war mongers frothing from their mouth "You're either with us or against us!" don't really change my mind about the careful and responsible regime change which would be the only way forward. Rather seems US Shitshow #5 in ME.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if you’re genuinely that ignorant to not know that Germany and Japan do have limitations on the scope of their military capability because of WW2, or whether the irony is real.

The history of US/Iran relations starts well before 2019. Not sure why you decided to "start" in 2019, because that's ignoring 99% of the historical relationship between the two countries, including our failed attempts at regime change.

- - - Updated - - -

Obama drone striked a high ranking government official at a civilian airport?

And nobody gave a shit?

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...trikes/511454/
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...f12_story.html
    https://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebat...lasting-legacy
    https://foreignpolicy.com/2016/02/23...icy-gets-an-f/
    https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...eillance-trump

You're right. Some people appear not to like facts.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    zenkai trying to talk about facts is pretty funny, at least.
    Oh I know, hoping he'll somehow reveal how it was not the US/UK behind the coup in 1953.

Who was it that unilaterally backed out of a deal that limited Irans capability to produce nuclear weapons and then placed harsh sanctions while they were complying with the terms of the deal?

7+ Year Old Account
    Sure, Americans, with their short attention span, may easily forget what we did to Mosaddegh but I would be surprised if the people who were ROYALLY fucked over in the process would forget it so soon.

I know a few Iranian ex-patriots. I've talked with them. Do you know any? Have you talked with them? It's an interesting conversation.

"Oh that was decades ago" - wtf ever.