Thread: Edibles

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    The number of "CBD Sold Here" signs that have popped up here is ridiculous.
    Thats not to get high thats medicinal, my friend tried some at a mall, it literally cured his tennis elbow in 5-10 minutes, normally he cannot move it without serious pain, but he was able to move it like it never existed, of course the next day his elbow went back to hurting, but it can give you pain relief that other drugs will not, also with no side effects or liver damage from a lifetime of pills.

It also works with things like IBD people can go from serious bowel pain and shitting 5 times a day to having no pain and going once daily.

The most you get from it is a little tingle where you apply it to the skin or under your tongue and that lasts maybe 10 minutes you will never get high from CBD oil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roship View Post
    I believe those are mostly signs for CBD oil, not actual THC-infused products that will get you high or the flower itself.
    Edible CBD "gummies" are sold as well. And I know it doesn't have THC in it which is one of the reasons I am considering trying one.

I tried some in between jobs somewhat recently and it made me really introspective and in general felt really, really groovy (I live in a recreationally legal state). I went with 20-30 mg, but that might be too much for someone just trying it.

I remember them saying take 5-10 mg and wait two hours. What they're afraid of is you not feeling anything and then taking more and more.

Definitely feels really good, not gonna lie. But even if it's legal I still feel like it's something I should probably avoid.
    Last edited by Dacien; 2020-01-08 at 08:04 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    These stores are everywhere where I live. I tried a 10mg gummy bear a few days ago and all I felt was that time seemed slower and gravity seemed stronger.

I don't think it's a big deal as long as you don't plan on driving.

I live in Washington and do edibles once to twice a week as opposed to joints since I don't want my house to reek of smoke. Some advice I can give you is to start small and if you don't feel anything do NOT take more right away. Wait at least a couple of hours because once you realize you've taken too much it's too late and you'll have a shitty evening. Edibles aren't like smoking, in that smoking a joint is comparatively a nice mellow high. Edibles can be pretty intense and if you take too much as a newbie you'll have a bad time. My first time I took 10 mg and felt absolutely nothing. My second time was a few days later and 10 mg felt fan-fucking-tastic. One of the best experiences of my life. The following day I increased the amount to 15 mg and had a horrible time. For about 6 hours my short term memory was absolutely shattered and I couldn't remember ANYTHING that happened beyond about 4 seconds in the past. So I was constantly in a state of "WHAT?! WHERE AM I?!" I couldn't even remember if I had just inhaled or exhaled air into my lungs so I kept accidentally trying to take a deep breath with lungs already full. Time also slowed down so those 6 hours felt like about 3 days. It was a terrible experience and I would have stopped forever right then and there if my previous experience hadn't been so nice. I eventually got the courage to try again and found my sweet spot between "great" and "awful" was literally a single mg in difference.

Also keep in mind edibles will last longer than smoking since your body processes the THC differently. For smoking, it gets absorbed through the lungs and you end up feeling it pretty fast but not very long. Edibles have to be digested and processed through the liver which can take upwards of about 90 minutes to 2 hours. One time I took some in the morning and it never hit until 11pm that night. They can be kinda inconsistent so I just figured it was one of those dud attempts, until I realized I had been standing in front of the open refrigerator door for about 5 minutes thinking about what kind of shenanigans food gets into when I close the door.

Just be prepared that edibles may fuck with your mind in ways you never thought before. Example; one of my earlier experiences I was having a great time and I never wanted it to end. My mind came to the conclusion that if I unplugged my alarm clock I'd freeze time and would get to stay in a state of suspended bliss forever. After I unplugged it, I started feeling guilty that I forced everyone else on earth to also be stuck in a singular moment. Then I started freaking out over the thought of someone being in a car crash and they were stuck on the verge of death in excruciating pain forever, so I plugged it back in. When my clock started flashing 12:00 at me, I thought I broke time and everything had converted back to a primordial state. I got sad thinking I had erased everyone I knew and loved until I noticed a bag of jelly bellies sitting next to me and forgot all about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Hey. I've worked in psychiatry for quite a while in Norway, just chiming in to say we get a lot of very young people suffering from psychosis after heavy marijuana use, or the use of synthetic marijuana(stay away from synthetics, kids). Some of them have hurt others or themselves seriously while psychotic, others will never fully recover. Comparably, we get nearly no one with alcohol-related issues, despite a much higher consumer base.

It's a very small percentage of the total population and legalizing might still be the right choice, but presenting it as one-sided and without nuance is ignorant and harmful.

OT: Building on that, start with a smaller dose and make sure the seller is reputable and the product is not synthetic. It's pretty safe, but it's still a drug.
    Congrats you solved it, young people end up going to criminal organizations, they get shitty drugs laced with god know's what.
    They get ostracized from society, and it spirals downwards.

Norway, have one of the strictest drug laws in Europa, if not the strictest, and at the same time we are topping the charts in drug overdoses.
    It doesn't take an Einstein to figure something is horribly wrong with our laws, and we have seen the positive effects from legalization from countries who have done such.
    What we have up for hearing now is a step in the right direction, but it's not enough. Far from it, especially with the police departments and garbage organizations like Actis sitting there trying to fight positive progress and changes at every turn.

And i have worked for Blå kors, alcohol abuse is just as bad as any other drug abuse, it's all the same shit, but it's fucking abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastard View Post
    Just be prepared that edibles may fuck with your mind in ways you never thought before. Example; one of my earlier experiences I was having a great time and I never wanted it to end. My mind came to the conclusion that if I unplugged my alarm clock I'd freeze time and would get to stay in a state of suspended bliss forever. After I unplugged it, I started feeling guilty that I forced everyone else on earth to also be stuck in a singular moment. Then I started freaking out over the thought of someone being in a car crash and they were stuck on the verge of death in excruciating pain forever, so I plugged it back in. When my clock started flashing 12:00 at me, I thought I broke time and everything had converted back to a primordial state. I got sad thinking I had erased everyone I knew and loved until I noticed a bag of jelly bellies sitting next to me and forgot all about it.
    This is glorious!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Bro, sounds like you got a mis-labelled 100mg Chiba Chew that said 10mg.

I did 2x 100mg chiba-chews in Vegas and I literally went to Mars. The feeling of flying through outer space at light speed is fucking terrifying.

Next thing I know, Im walking the strip of Vegas, not the surface of mars, and there is cotton candy in my hand. /shrug Wont be doing 200MG ever again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangebrew View Post
    Congrats you solved it, young people end up going to criminal organizations, they get shitty drugs laced with god know's what.
    They get ostracized from society, and it spirals downwards.

Norway, have one of the strictest drug laws in Europa, if not the strictest, and at the same time we are topping the charts in drug overdoses.
    It doesn't take an Einstein to figure something is horribly wrong with our laws, and we have seen the positive effects from legalization from countries who have done such.
    What we have up for hearing now is a step in the right direction, but it's not enough. Far from it, especially with the police departments and garbage organizations like Actis sitting there trying to fight positive progress and changes at every turn.

And i have worked for Blå kors, alcohol abuse is just as bad as any other drug abuse, it's all the same shit, but it's fucking abuse.
    What are you talking about? I explicitly said legalization might be the right choice, nowhere did I defend the restrictive laws. Does the idea of nuance piss you off, or could you not read my post through the your own froth?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roship View Post
    My state recently legalized recreational marijuana use on the 1st. I personally have tried smoking it in the past several times with some friends but never seemed to have any effect on me. So my girlfriend and I were thinking of getting some from a dispensary (its a 45 minute+ drive).

Was hoping to maybe get help from people who have bought from dispensaries in their states before I make the drive over there to purchase some. Mainly along the lines of how much I should be looking to consume, and what is a better purchase/if I should stay away from certain products. Some websites say to start with 2mg, others 10 or 15. Was probably looking into getting some fruit chews/gummies or chocolate. Or advice as to other products I should look in to.
    If you don't want pre-processed food an easy way to handle it (as i have done many times in college days) is to heat oil in a pot, put the pot into it (haha) and slowly (!) fry it. Then sieve the pot out of the oil, and you can use the oil for normal cooking. I baked cookies with the oil, but theoretically you can use it on anything.

15+ Year Old Account
    I smoked weed a few times before and it was pretty good, to be honest. To me, it was like being drunk except I was always happy (when drunk, I can become quite upset).

I can't really give you any advice on how much you should smoke, but since you mentioned your girlfriend...

My colleague bought that, took it to work and told me to try it on my lips. She said it's cannabis oil which has a vibrating effect on the clitoris.

Well, it works, so I went and bought it to see what my girl will say. First I told her to put a little drop on her lips. She took too much, the next 5 minutes was spent her cursing me and my oil and spitting in the sink.
    The next day she was home alone and the conversation was like this:
    Her: "The oil you left at home, it hurt on the tongue and should not be used on the sensitive area. It's for massage. No way in hell you're getting anywhere near me with it".
    Me: "But, it's a clitoris oil, you used too much on your lips and tongue and I told you not to drink wine, you'll just spread it around your mouth."
    Her: "NO"
    Me: "Fine, I'll come to get it today and use it on myself."
    Me: "But I just have to ask, did you, by any chance, try to use it for its intended use?"
    Her: "Hahaha shut up!"
    Her (5 minutes later): "OK I WAS FORCED TO. IT BURNED FOR FIFTEEN MINUTES"
    Me: "WHY? It's for us, not for you!"
    Her: "I know but it was there and I just wanted to try a little. It burned so badly I thought I will lose all feeling there. It was like having wasabi or tabasco, wtf. Have fun with it."

If classic cannabis doesn't work on you two, try that on her

I haven't tried a huge variety, but my favorite by far is the Korova 250mg peanut butter dip cookie. I had half of one last night and it tasted awesome (seriously, best tasting edible for sure). That plus a couple of bowls had me at a solid 8 and I have a decent tolerance. Definitely the only edible I'd buy again. The only other edibles I've had that compared were my homemade firecrackers.

You should consume no more than 20 mg in a single dose. The safest thing to do would be 10 and have a ratio of 2:1 CBD to THC. Don't do any more than that, or you will be in for a wild ride. If an hour has passed and you're not satisfied, wait it out and try more the next time you do edibles. There is a very fine line between somewhat underwhelming experiences and brain-melting trips into the abyss well beyond comfort.

I live in Washington and do edibles once to twice a week as opposed to joints since I don't want my house to reek of smoke. Some advice I can give you is to start small and if you don't feel anything do NOT take more right away. Wait at least a couple of hours because once you realize you've taken too much it's too late and you'll have a shitty evening. Edibles aren't like smoking, in that smoking a joint is comparatively a nice mellow high. Edibles can be pretty intense and if you take too much as a newbie you'll have a bad time. My first time I took 10 mg and felt absolutely nothing. My second time was a few days later and 10 mg felt fan-fucking-tastic. One of the best experiences of my life. The following day I increased the amount to 15 mg and had a horrible time. For about 6 hours my short term memory was absolutely shattered and I couldn't remember ANYTHING that happened beyond about 4 seconds in the past. So I was constantly in a state of "WHAT?! WHERE AM I?!" I couldn't even remember if I had just inhaled or exhaled air into my lungs so I kept accidentally trying to take a deep breath with lungs already full. Time also slowed down so those 6 hours felt like about 3 days. It was a terrible experience and I would have stopped forever right then and there if my previous experience hadn't been so nice. I eventually got the courage to try again and found my sweet spot between "great" and "awful" was literally a single mg in difference.

Also keep in mind edibles will last longer than smoking since your body processes the THC differently. For smoking, it gets absorbed through the lungs and you end up feeling it pretty fast but not very long. Edibles have to be digested and processed through the liver which can take upwards of about 90 minutes to 2 hours. One time I took some in the morning and it never hit until 11pm that night. They can be kinda inconsistent so I just figured it was one of those dud attempts, until I realized I had been standing in front of the open refrigerator door for about 5 minutes thinking about what kind of shenanigans food gets into when I close the door.

Agreed, solid advice.
    Here is a few more bits of advice that I can think of right now.

• Edibles and tinctures offer more of a "body high" versus the more cerebral effects from smoking it.
    • The high with edibles is also similar to that of dry bud vaping, it is "cleaner" high.
    • If you are planning on getting crossfaded, always consume weed before alcohol, otherwise you are going to be worshiping the porcelain god.
    • If you ingest too much THC, don't panic. Chew on a black peppercorn.
    • Do some research on strains before you go make your purchase. This way you can better match up a strain with the effects you are looking for. Do you want to be couch locked or full of energy up and doing stuff? Leafly is a good place to start. https://www.leafly.com/start-exploring

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    It's only a matter of time before it's legal in most places. It really shouldn't be a prohibited topic just because some places haven't updated their laws to keep up with the times.
    Yeah you can weed smoke on Twitch if it’s legal in your state.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    If you don't want pre-processed food an easy way to handle it (as i have done many times in college days) is to heat oil in a pot, put the pot into it (haha) and slowly (!) fry it. Then sieve the pot out of the oil, and you can use the oil for normal cooking. I baked cookies with the oil, but theoretically you can use it on anything.
    I remember taking an eighth of chronic when I was like 17 and dumping it into a pan of melted butter because the internet said do it. It tasted like char on toast but it was quite effective.

Stick with doses of 10MG until you actually feel the high. Small doses of 2mg and whatnot will most likely do nothing, or give you a false idea of what edibles can do.

People say edibles are super strong and different than smoked weed, and it is.

But unlike being drunk, you're still very much in control. You just feel more spacey and floaty. Ignore people who say it is dangerous in high doses. It isn't.

Experienced users enjoy doses of 1000MG or more. Nothing happens other than them getting really high.

Man I wish edibles became legal in Sweden... Not for my own use, I don't think I'd react like others (Autistic brain and all) but for my dad... He's tried every form of medication to sleep, and they all come with horrific side effects and are addictive to boot... I'm 100% sure he could be helped in his ME by edibles.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Man I wish edibles became legal in Sweden... Not for my own use, I don't think I'd react like others (Autistic brain and all) but for my dad... He's tried every form of medication to sleep, and they all come with horrific side effects and are addictive to boot... I'm 100% sure he could be helped in his ME by edibles.
    Contrary to popular belief, weed and especially edibles do not help you sleep, and in many cases, create a restless mind. People who claim that it helps THEM sleep are doing so purely from their own personal experience.

Also weed blocks dreaming, which is important.

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    Contrary to popular belief, weed and especially edibles do not help you sleep, and in many cases, create a restless mind. People who claim that it helps THEM sleep are doing so purely from their own personal experience.

Also weed blocks dreaming, which is important.
    So weed helps a lot of people sleep, but it does not help anyone sleep? That makes no sense. I pass out within 5 minutes of laying down on an edible high and sleep much longer without waking up than I normally do.