Poll: Do you want Arthas back?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by natpick View Post
    i agree but cant help but think blizz are using shadowlands to bring back even more beloved dead characters as fan service,everyone gets to see there fave dead character one last time.
    Arthas is going to get the starwars treatment and come back as something akin to a 'force ghost'

Quote Originally Posted by EbonBehelit- View Post
    Except it was. Illidan got his ass kicked by Arthas, went mad, then subsequently fled to Outland (to avoid KJ's wrath) where he became the tyrant we killed in TBC.

His character arc was about power corrupting even noble intentions, and his story was done. Turning him into a heroic character in Legion ruined him.
    I wouldn't say it ruined him, but it was kind of like when a really good show goes 1 season too long. It's still good, but it's not the same.

OT: No Arthas, he is done. His human story is complete, his LK story is complete.

What I would be ok with seeing is those closest to him and how they reconcile what they may see as a failure of Arthas becoming the LK. You sort of get that in Wrath, but mainly because Arthas is still a threat the story is about him in the now, not how they feel about what's happened. This would include Jaina, Uther, his pops, his horse, etc...
    Last edited by StillMcfuu; 2020-01-08 at 09:36 PM.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's 2020 and blizz has joined the high church of woke.

Since Arthas is a beloved male character, he must be destroyed to make way for new mary sue characters that nobody but hyper-tribal far left players will like or relate to (the new Sylvanas).

Expect it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zora-Prime View Post
    I disagree. Illidan's story in tbc was terrible, if we can even call it a story.

Legion fixed it.
    Fixed it how?

"IT'S DESTINY, I'LL FORCE IT ON YOU IF I HAVE TO"

"NO STOP FORCING DESTINY ON ME!"

He had a terrible arch both times. He was at least an elf gone mad during imprisonment in TBC and excused some of the more crazy things he did. He literally teleported the Legion homeworld to Azeroth with zero guarentee we could defeat them out of pure idiocy and spouting about destiny but the second Xera tried to force his destiny on him it suddenly wasn't okay to do that.

Bad character, bad writing, bad expac (Legion).

Quote Originally Posted by Zora-Prime View Post
    I disagree. Illidan's story in tbc was terrible, if we can even call it a story.

Legion fixed it.
    How is wholly changing his stated motivations throughout WC3 "fixing it"?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    His story arc in complete in WOTLK. Bringing him back just sours his story and death. Illidan's story wasn't complete, Arthas was with his death. Let Shadowlands be about Bolvar don't let Arthas return in any way besides flashbacks and just one little cameo like he made in BFA
    havng him say some things to the player, and maybe have a minor quest is not suddenly going to undo everything. he died, his story is over, but he may have tings to say in the afterlife.

they already said arthas will not be a major charecter.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    How is wholly changing his stated motivations throughout WC3 "fixing it"?
    because they wernt changed, his motives in WC3 were very obvious.
    he wanted the legion dead, he betrayed them many times, and he was allies with azeroth. everything that people saw as him doing wrong was them just being stupid, or are you seriously saying him trying to destroy northrend and kill the lich king was him being evil?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathululock View Post
    It's 2020 and blizz has joined the high church of woke.

Since Arthas is a beloved male character, he must be destroyed to make way for new mary sue characters that nobody but hyper-tribal far left players will like or relate to (the new Sylvanas).

Expect it.
    Rofl @ equating Sylvanas fans (or detractors, for that matter) with RL politics. Try to not reach so hard the next time, you might get a disjointed shoulder or something

More OT, no. Bringing (literally) dead characters back is a risky affair, and it seldom goes well from a narrative viewpoint - especially with hacks like Danuser or Golden in charge. Anything more than a brief cameo would be too much for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Some people just should remain gone. If we start remaining everyone then the concept of evil deed won't matter anymore. Arthas deserves any torture the Maw can give him. I'm totally fine with that. Only sad thing is characters like Garrosh or Gul'dan aren't joining him there. Yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Rofl @ equating Sylvanas fans (or detractors, for that matter) with RL politics. Try to not reach so hard the next time, you might get a disjointed shoulder or something

More OT, no. Bringing (literally) dead characters back is a risky affair, and it seldom goes well from a narrative viewpoint - especially with hacks like Danuser or Golden in charge. Anything more than a brief cameo would be too much for me.
    Don't respond to this. He just want to trigger people. While being ignorant that white males characters are given undeserved redemption arcs is far more common then the same treatment with female ones. Don't feed his ignorance further.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    havng him say some things to the player, and maybe have a minor quest is not suddenly going to undo everything. he died, his story is over, but he may have tings to say in the afterlife.

they already said arthas will not be a major charecter.

- - - Updated - - -

because they wernt changed, his motives in WC3 were very obvious.
    he wanted the legion dead, he betrayed them many times, and he was allies with azeroth. everything that people saw as him doing wrong was them just being stupid, or are you seriously saying him trying to destroy northrend and kill the lich king was him being evil?
    Yes destroying northrend was evil. He was willing to commit slaughter even on all non scourge people living there. I count that as evil.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Yes destroying northrend was evil. He was willing to commit slaughter even on all non scourge people living there. I count that as evil.
    Not very many non scourge people lived there.
    and yeah nah, ending the threat of the lich king at the cost of northrend? worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    What do you mean as far as we know? We literally know nothing about how the Shadowlands work.
    Did you miss BlizzCon?

Not very many non scourge people lived there.
    and yeah nah, ending the threat of the lich king at the cost of northrend? worth it.
    Lmao. Non undead nerubians, drakkari trolls, Furbolgs, Tuskarr, the remaining blue dragons, Taunka. Are you really trying tu justify a genocide much bigger then teldrassil?

7+ Year Old Account
    Lmao. Non undead nerubians, drakkari trolls, Furbolgs, Tuskarr, the remaining blue dragons, Taunka. Are you really trying tu justify a genocide much bigger then teldrassil?
    Non-undead nerubians= servents of the old gods, and barely any left
    drakkari trolls= so the enemy?
    furbolgs= i dont remember the furbolgs in northrend funnily enough, where there furbolg?
    Tuskarr= yeaaah your right.
    blue dragons= actually wrong, the remaining blue dragons were ALSO on the broken isles. but also yeah im sure thery blue dragons woulda been fine
    taunka= yeah we could do without em.

yeah if a necromancer raising all life into forced undeath trying to end all life on the planet was in teldrassl and the way to kill him was to burn it down, then yeah burn it the fuck down.

Non-undead nerubians= servents of the old gods, and barely any left
    drakkari trolls= so the enemy?
    furbolgs= i dont remember the furbolgs in northrend funnily enough, where there furbolg?
    Tuskarr= yeaaah your right.
    blue dragons= actually wrong, the remaining blue dragons were ALSO on the broken isles. but also yeah im sure thery blue dragons woulda been fine
    taunka= yeah we could do without em.

yeah if a necromancer raising all life into forced undeath trying to end all life on the planet was in teldrassl and the way to kill him was to burn it down, then yeah burn it the fuck down.
    You've never been to the grizzly hills? Oh also the titanic watchers of Ulduar and the earthen on the peaks. We're adding more races to the body count.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Did you miss BlizzCon?
    Is the expansion out or in beta? We literally know nothing because nothing is out yet. Every single Blizzcon they spew a ton of fan service then only deliver on 50% of everything they talked about. We literally know nothing about the Shadowlands and how it functions or has functioned over millions of years.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

7+ Year Old Account
    You've never been to the grizzly hills? Oh also the titanic watchers of Ulduar and the earthen on the peaks. We're adding more races to the body count.
    oh yeah grizzly hills! i thought it was wolvar there not furbolg.
    oh wait it is.
    and eh, he woulda possibly killed yog too, the evil lives lost owuld have vastly outnumbered the good.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    His story arc in complete in WOTLK. Bringing him back just sours his story and death. Illidan's story wasn't complete, Arthas was with his death. Let Shadowlands be about Bolvar don't let Arthas return in any way besides flashbacks and just one little cameo like he made in BFA
    Arthas' story was already ruined when they gave him OMG TEH PSYCHIC POWAS! and he mentally wrecked Ner'Zhul and then took credit for everything Ner'Zhul had accomplished before dying with his daddy issues intact.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

oh yeah grizzly hills! i thought it was wolvar there not furbolg.
    oh wait it is.
    and eh, he woulda possibly killed yog too, the evil lives lost owuld have vastly outnumbered the good.
    I can do this all day. Worvar and Gorlocs in sholozar basin would die too. How much death is enough sacrifice for you? Do I have to quote Malfurion?

7+ Year Old Account
    I can do this all day. Worvar and Gorlocs in sholozar basin would die too. How much death is enough sacrifice for you? Do I have to quote Malfurion?
    All the life on northrend is well worth having killed the lich king there and then.
    especially since not all of it would have died, it was really only icecrown, why icecrown is so fucked.
    other zones got shook, but icecrown was the main focus.

All the life on northrend is well worth having killed the lich king there and then.
    especially since not all of it would have died, it was really only icecrown, why icecrown is so fucked.
    other zones got shook, but icecrown was the main focus.
    And then all ice melts wnd floods the other continents with rising sea levels. Try again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Arthas's story was good and ended good so ya they should never bring him back. They will tho because blizzard is good at doing really dumb things.