View Poll Results: Who's going to win the Ryal Rumble?

Voters
18. This poll is closed
  • Brock Lesnar

2 11.11%
  • Roman Reigns

1 5.56%
  • A.J Styles

0 0%
  • Erick Rowan

0 0%
  • Randy Orton

0 0%
  • Rey Mysterio

0 0%
  • Ricochet

0 0%
  • Drew McIntyre

4 22.22%
  • Shinsuke Nakamura

0 0%
  • Matt Riddle

1 5.56%
  • Bobby Lashley

0 0%
  • Rusev

1 5.56%
  • Keith Lee

1 5.56%
  • Finn Balor

0 0%
  • Pete Dunne

0 0%
  • Braun Strowman

1 5.56%
  • Andrade

0 0%
  • Seth Rollins

0 0%
  • Edge

2 11.11%
  • Other

5 27.78%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Who's going to win the Royal Rumble?

We're less than three weeks away from The Royal Rumble on the road to WrestleMania, and the most exciting PPV of the year, The Royal Rumble! For pro wrestling fans, guessing who might win is always fun, so who's your pick for the men's Royal Rumble match?

- - - Updated - - -

Poll's been added.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    We're less than three weeks away from The Royal Rumble on the road to WrestleMania, and the most exciting PPV of the year, The Royal Rumble! For pro wrestling fans, guessing who might win is always fun, so who's your pick for the men's Royal Rumble match?

- - - Updated - - -

Poll's been added.
    No idea, who is the latest person to be rubbing coconut oil on McMahon's scrotum?

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Poll's been added.
    Hacksaw Jim Duggan, obviously...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    No idea, who is the latest person to be rubbing coconut oil on McMahon's scrotum?
    That would be Seth Rollins. No one else has been a bigger boot licker on social media.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Hacksaw Jim Duggan, obviously...
    Good thing I always add an "other" option. lol

That would be Seth Rollins. No one else has been a bigger boot licker on social media.
    OK, then that's who I pick. Only recognized him and Brock Lesner in the poll.

Never really got what was so "exciting" about WWE events. The winner has already been determined.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Never really got what was so "exciting" about WWE events. The winner has already been determined.
    I haven't been a fan of wrestling for decades, but how is that any different than going to the movies?

Simulated combat and sports entertainment isn't any different than live theater or as @Dakhath put it, going to the movies.

Beats the hell out of paying $50 for an UFC PPV and the main event lasts 30 seconds!

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I haven't been a fan of wrestling for decades, but how is that any different than going to the movies?
    One is labelled as a "sporting event". There's no sport in wrestling. There's athelticism...but not sport.

Just like professional boxing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Just like professional boxing.
    Boxing matches can be "fixed" but that's not really the same thing.

One is labelled as a "sporting event". There's no sport in wrestling. There's athelticism...but not sport.
    Sports entertainment. Indy wrestling tries to hold onto the "integrity of being a shoot simulated combat" a bit more than the bigger companies like WWE in particular, especially in Japan and the UK but it's still widely regarded as simulated combat and not sports. FOX is also trying to market it as more sports-oriented but that's just marketing.

I've always said the biggest difference between wrestling and boxing was regulation, or lack thereof. Boxing has had all sorts of shady dealings with fighters throwing fights for money, but those dealings were always done under the table due to regulations. Pro wrestling was originally conceived as a quasi-shoot combat sport with promoters paying more to the guys they thought drew the bigger gates so of course, they chose them as winners, no different than in boxing when the most marketable guy gets paid most, and someone might get paid side cash under the table to throw a fight.

Wrestling in its transparency made it into the soap opera WWE is today rather than trying to maintain its integrity as a legit combat sport like UFC which is heavily regulated by legit state sports authorities.

"Other"

CM Punk.

addition: Edge is back? but he was like one spear away from death because of his neck right? just like daniel bryan was. ...
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

John Cena /10chrs

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    "Other"

CM Punk.

addition: Edge is back? but he was like one spear away from death because of his neck right? just like daniel bryan was. ...
    And like Daniel came back, Edge apparently got some new procedure done on his neck that has to do with stem cells. Reportedly, he's been cleared by WWE doctors, but of course continues to refute any and all reports on social media. I guess we'll know for sure come Rumble time.

I was close to adding Punk as an option, until his "pipe bomb" on social media dropped. I'll be surprised if he still has a job with FOX by next week.

I would love Rusev to win but with the crap storyline he’s stuck with I doubt it.

Maybe Kevin Owens i guess, the guy is underrated for his talent atm.

My other is the pipe dream of Aleistsr Black. Then again, I quickly realize that he'd just be fed to Bray Wyatt/ The Fiend.

So I'll just stick with the safe "Roman Reigns" option to avoid any risk of potential emotional investment.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

- - - Updated - - -

Poll's been added.
    I haven't watched Wrestling in ages, but going from what I know about how they promote...

IF Edge's comeback is legit and he isn't just throwing a couple of matches for shits and giggles, Edge will likely win or be really close to winning to make him a threat to the plethora of new talent that's around since he stepped away.

When did Roman Reigns come back from the Lukemia thing? If that was recent, he may win as well, WWE often mistakes fans respect for a wrestler for actual pop and shoe-horns them in where they don't belong.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    I haven't watched Wrestling in ages, but going from what I know about how they promote...

IF Edge's comeback is legit and he isn't just throwing a couple of matches for shits and giggles, Edge will likely win or be really close to winning to make him a threat to the plethora of new talent that's around since he stepped away.

When did Roman Reigns come back from the Lukemia thing? If that was recent, he may win as well, WWE often mistakes fans respect for a wrestler for actual pop and shoe-horns them in where they don't belong.
    Reigns came back nearly an year ago now. Right around this time last year, he was only a few months off. He's been getting decent reactions recently. If anything, Seth Rollins has been shit on by the fan base thanks to being an arrogant company boot lick on social media.