Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Gnome Druids that transform themselves into a Kitten, Chick, Cub or Sapling! Killing them would be considered infanticide...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    The kor'kron were like Garrosh's elite guard, but the shamasal in it did indeed use the void in SOO.
    It was not void, it was elementals twisted into shadow.
    shadow and void magic are different things weirdly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebra the War Criminal View Post
    Yes dude, I've always wanted to play a Ren'dorei Shaman!

Actually in all seriousness, is it really that lore-breaking? Weren't the Kor'kron basically Void Shamans and shit?
    no, the dark shaman we see are shaman who use twisted versions of the elements, as they twisted and corrupted the elements in that area.
    Earth to... idk... it seemed to be "dead earth' like how in the legion campaign you do infernal shaman stuff.
    fire well is already corrupt.
    life to shadow
    and water to... it seemed like "corrupted water" like the tainted waters in the goblin part of org.
    They wernt using void.

"The dark shaman is a dark version of a shaman, forcing the elements into servitude by using Decay,[1] twisting them into burned-out ash, corrupted waters, and toxic air."
    Decay is the opposite of spirit magic, its bassicly the "death magic" kinda thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Blizzard (and their brainwashed fanboys) like to claim it's because "MUH LORE!" but for every race/class combo there's an NPC or a character from a book that IS that race/class combo.

The real reason is as cynical as it is shortsighted: they don't want to spend the money to make Paladin mounts, Shaman totems, and Druid forms for every race.

Except I bet they'd make TONS of money from race changes if they removed all restrictions.
    i like to claim that blizz does it because they want to. and thats pretty much the only reason they need. i wouldnt mind a gnome druid for the lulz, but its never going to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    In a week I’m about to be deathgripped by panda DKs and I’ll see anime foxes running around everywhere... it’s obvious now more than ever that class and race restrictions have got to go.

This means:

Undead paladins when?

Blood Elf druids when?

Human shamans when?

These requests among others should be put into the game, player choice and freedom is key.
    Undead druid... No thanks.

Honestly, we have some restrictions that make no sense, and some combinations that make no sense.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Your examples for lore breaking race/class combos are weird. All races should be able to become death knights, because all of them are killable.
    And a new race existing has literally nothing to do with the topic.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    Your examples for lore breaking race/class combos are weird. All races should be able to become death knights, because all of them are killable.
    And a new race existing has literally nothing to do with the topic.
    I agree with you. The Death Knight whine is invalid, and the Vulpera whine is stupid, for that is a race.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twistnectar View Post
    I disagree wholeheartedly. I know not everyone is the same but if you could see how much money I've spent on my rogues / mages / DK's to race change multiple times over the years, you'd cry. I change my race like I change my shoes.. about once every quarter lol.
    Yes I would cry. I never changed race ever, except when I faction transfered a character once because it comes with it obviously.

I will race change my DK though, kind of exciting after so many years of having the same look.

5+ Year Old Account
    I guess everybody will need new totems and Druid forms!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm on other side of the fence, I would like more restrictions (of course at this point it's impossible to revert), classes really grunded in lore of the race, so races would be more than just cosmetic skin. Especially Monk and DK feel very watered down to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    :3

:3

No.

/Thread

-------------

In all seriousness though. I believe that we need more druid races on both sides and more demon hunter races on both sides. I believe how blizzard thinks about race/class combo is that its not that the individuals themselves are not capable of picking up certain classes but that there needs to be a guild/creed within that race that practices such art. Fpr instance, the reason that Gilneans can be druids is because of the druids of the harvest (aka good witches) that assisted Gilneans in their farming, such culture is non present in say Stormwind Humans, and also, Kul Tirans have been assisted by the Drust and have taken their version of druidism.

In all three instances we can acknowledge that Humans are indeed capable of picking up druidism but unlike other human nations, the nation of stormwind doesnt have any notable groups that practice druidism. (Like westfall would've been so much different if druids had assisted the poor farmers there)

Im in favor of some lore restrictions regarding race/class combos. However i believe that we can alleviate that by adding sub races that can bypass those restrictions.

I would rather the art team devote their time and resources to things other than druid forms and demon hunter skins for every race.

There are a few classes that should be universal. Warrior, which is. Hunter I... Believe is? Paladin should also be univeral, with maybe the only exception being Void Elves. Being a paladin is essentially about faith. I've seen at least 1 undead using holy magic, and he was bound to the Lich King as a Death knight. If a Death Knight can use Holy magic, then every race should.

Same with shaman. Shaman is about your connection with the elements and spirituality, and the fact Goblins can be Shaman more or less makes it an open deal for anyone, as they are one of the least likely races to have the mindset of a shaman. Priest is also a class I could see go universal. Rogue too, and yes, even Draenei and Tauren since Kul'Tirans, which are the least sneaky looking race in the entire game, can be rogues.

Mages, sure go for it, it's all about knowledge and practice, right? And individual talent. Warlock is the same, basically a corrupted mage. Monk should be too, still baffles me Worgen and goblin can't be one. Druid should be an outliner, and only be playable my races that have a deep connection with nature and the beastly spirits. Demon hunter should be playable by any NPC race that has been a demon hunter. Death knights are weird. If Bolvar is going crusading, every race should be able to go DK.

That ship sailed when WotLK came out really, so I guess you're not wrong, if a decade or so late.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

In a week I’m about to be deathgripped by panda DKs and I’ll see anime foxes running around everywhere... it’s obvious now more than ever that class and race restrictions have got to go.

This means:

Undead paladins when?

Blood Elf druids when?

Human shamans when?

These requests among others should be put into the game, player choice and freedom is key.
    NO they should not. Restrictions make choices matter. Giving you everything takes out the RPG of the MMORPG.

5+ Year Old Account

This means:

Undead paladins when?

Blood Elf druids when?

Human shamans when?

It's definitely time to lift all class/race restrictions. Lore stopped making sense long ago, with stuff like Tauren priests/pallies or canonical Undead holy priests (during early WoW, all Forsaken priests were shadow lorewise).
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I like *SOME* class and races restrictions, but i think some lore wouldn't be too far stretch for others.

Undeads paladin are bad why? Priest uses light and void too. Race being an undead wouldn't mean too much.
    Nightborne druids (have been thinking about them)
    Also even blood elves i think they embrace their nature and sophistication.
    Human shamans, why not? Would be nice.

This means:

Undead paladins when?

Blood Elf druids when?

Human shamans when?

Ive been on the Undead Paladin train for years. I say to remove them altogether, then again I was also hoping that Sylvanas loyalists would break off and become a 3rd Faction to the game and then you could just have Undead versions of all the Races as the 3rd Faction.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    NO they should not. Restrictions make choices matter. Giving you everything takes out the RPG of the MMORPG.
    WoW is basically the ONLY game with these restrictions. And worse, the game it owes a) its existence to and b) plagiarized heavily from - that is to say, D&D - has none of the restrictions wow does.

D&D does have some restrictions on ability to be a class, but it has nothing to do with character race and instead what their alignment is; one cannot be an evil paladin. Basically, how Vanilla had no paladins horde side. The horde is evil, so they cannot be paladins. However, there is still an evil equivalent class to Paladins in D&D, which is basically identical in every way except class flavor - the Blackguard.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Gamevizier View Post
    SNIP

In all seriousness though. I believe that we need more druid races on both sides and more demon hunter races on both sides. I believe how blizzard thinks about race/class combo is that its not that the individuals themselves are not capable of picking up certain classes but that there needs to be a guild/creed within that race that practices such art. Fpr instance, the reason that Gilneans can be druids is because of the druids of the harvest (aka good witches) that assisted Gilneans in their farming, such culture is non present in say Stormwind Humans, and also, Kul Tirans have been assisted by the Drust and have taken their version of druidism.
    SNIP
    Im in favor of some lore restrictions regarding race/class combos. However i believe that we can alleviate that by adding sub races that can bypass those restrictions.
    To be honest - I think it starts 'smelling bad' people taking too much of a logic of a fantasy game because of a lore that has been 'retconed' by blizzard itself.
    It's like we try to make sense of everything. And more races desperately need more druids. It's too much restrictions to make one happen.
    It's time to be a bit more open minded, maybe not all races and all classes, as someone said, druid mechagnome would be quite weird. Or a gnome druid itself... I don't know alright just sounds awful enough. But some races that the only thing that is holding them from having druids being the lore, i think it's time to open up and expand some horizons. (Vulpera warlock doesn't sound very good to me too, but since no lore exists, here we are).
    Last edited by Shakana; 2020-01-09 at 01:07 AM.