Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do I need Rustbolt on an alliance character?

To unlock Mechagnome do I need Exalted Rustbolt on an alliance character, or could I get it on a horde and then do the other reqs and quests on an Alliance alt?

10+ Year Old Account
    When BFA came out i could just start quests for allied races even tho my alliance char was literally freshly boosted, granted that does not gurantee that it will work for mechagnomes aswell but it probably will.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Oh dang, I hope not. I only went over there on my alliance toons for rustfeather farming, never did the dailies or stuff on it on my alliance toons.

15+ Year Old Account
    I too have this question. I have yet to see any official response on this.

I'm 3/4 way through revered on my ally main anyway, so no biggie either way.
    Here is something to believe in!

If it's anything like the other allied race unlocks... getting the exalted achievement on any character counted for the account.

The only ones that required faction specific was due to the faction only available for horde/alliance (honorbound/7th legion specifically). I was able to get lightforged and void elf on my human character even though I was only exalted on my blood elf. I assume it will be the same for Mchanomes since rustbolt is available to both factions.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    If it's anything like the other allied race unlocks... getting the exalted achievement on any character counted for the account.

The only ones that required faction specific was due to the faction only available for horde/alliance (honorbound/7th legion specifically). I was able to get lightforged and void elf on my human character even though I was only exalted on my blood elf. I assume it will be the same for Mchanomes since rustbolt is available to both factions.
    I'm just curious because in a way that's slightly less fair to Alliance because in order for an Alliance main player to get Vulpera they would've had to play horde to max out Voldunai. We don't have an exact 1-to-1 scenario with Legion where both factions had all of the same reputations to work on.

(Not that I think its a big deal, I'm a horde main - but I know Blizz tries to keep things even)

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    To unlock Mechagnome do I need Exalted Rustbolt on an alliance character, or could I get it on a horde and then do the other reqs and quests on an Alliance alt?
    You shouldn't. As long as you have the achievement for exalted with rustbolt, you should be ok. Then all you need is a level 110 alliance toon.

The only factions that doesn't work for is Proudmoore Admirality/Zandalari Empire and 7th Legion/Honorbound. Those had to be grinded on toons of their respectful factions. All the neutral factions, like Rustbolt, you just need to have the achievement and a 110 of the proper faction to do the quest chain.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just curious because in a way that's slightly less fair to Alliance because in order for an Alliance main player to get Vulpera they would've had to play horde to max out Voldunai. We don't have an exact 1-to-1 scenario with Legion where both factions had all of the same reputations to work on.

(Not that I think its a big deal, I'm a horde main - but I know Blizz tries to keep things even)
    Ah, shit, that's true. That sucks.

This is dependant on whether or not one was wishing to swap...

I mean the legion factions were favoring horde as well since nightborne and highmountain reps were available from launch or intrinsically linked to raid progression so it was almost expected to be exalted with both long before the AA and AoL reps were added.

Though if one is so stressed about not having the rep maxed by now (when it was clear as day from a long time coming that it would be a thing), just faction swap a toon with maxed Order of Embers... abuse the lockout resets, complete the quest and come back

This isn't a subject that is supposed to be "fair" in this manner anyways.

edit:

it's a one time hurdle you will never have to deal with after clearing. The fair or unfairness at a given time is only relevant when one hasn't dealt with it. One still has to spend the time to get exalted on a single toon as well as be sufficiently set up to clear the quest.

It's either unfair cause a horde could clear the requirements to allow an alliance toon to perform... but the horde character isn't able to unlock the race, thus it doesn't matter for them.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2020-01-09 at 04:30 AM.

Still can't find an answer on this, anyone try on the PTR?

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I've tested this on PTR.
    My main is horde, who has all relevant achieves completed (exalted+questline achiev). I have an alliance max level alt on another server whom I dont believe I've even logged in since 8.2 (definitely not attuned to Mechagon and never been there). I've copied both characters to PTR and made sure to log in my horde main first then logged on the ally and went to the embassy in SW. I could not get the questline for the mechagnome unlock. When I've clicked on the pillar that shows the requirements, the exalted rep achievement was marked as completed but the Mechagon storyline was not. I think it has to do with horde and alliance having slightly different storylines. At least completing it even on a poorly geared alt shouldn't be an issue with the Mechagon dungeon being added on heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Fandis View Post
    I've tested this on PTR.
    My main is horde, who has all relevant achieves completed (exalted+questline achiev). I have an alliance max level alt on another server whom I dont believe I've even logged in since 8.2 (definitely not attuned to Mechagon and never been there). I've copied both characters to PTR and made sure to log in my horde main first then logged on the ally and went to the embassy in SW. I could not get the questline for the mechagnome unlock. When I've clicked on the pillar that shows the requirements, the exalted rep achievement was marked as completed but the Mechagon storyline was not. I think it has to do with horde and alliance having slightly different storylines. At least completing it even on a poorly geared alt shouldn't be an issue with the Mechagon dungeon being added on heroic
    Damnnnn. Well I hope there are ways to get that rep quickly. Thank you though.

i got the highmountain and nightborne unlocked and i only had exalted on ally toons.
    Last edited by mojusk; 2020-01-10 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    i got the highmountain and nightborne unlocked and i only had exalted on ally toons.
    Unfortunately looks like it was confirmed via blue post on the official forums:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...iew/405416/147

You’ll need to do it on an Alliance character to unlock them.

I got a thread started on the official forums to lessen the issue of unlocking them if anyone wants to show support.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...uest/406248/17

Unfortunately looks like it was confirmed via blue post on the official forums:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...iew/405416/147

You’ll need to do it on an Alliance character to unlock them.
    I think that is amazingly shitty, I was Ok with the allied races at first, but I'm really starting to dislike the way they are being used. Instead of either getting them as a customization to existing races or treated as new races available as part of the game, they are becoming, you have to do double the grind options and I think that is garbage.

And I say that as someone who played and gets exalted with both side's factions since Wrath

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I have only done the required achieves on my Horde main and they are showing up as "completed" on my Alliance toon just not by my Alliance character. so I am pretty sure it will be ok if you've only done it on Horde

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I have only done the required achieves on my Horde main and they are showing up as "completed" on my Alliance toon just not by my Alliance character. so I am pretty sure it will be ok if you've only done it on Horde
    It was confirmed by a blue that you need to do The Mechagonian Threat on an Alliance toon.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SamTheBeardedMan View Post
    It was confirmed by a blue that you need to do The Mechagonian Threat on an Alliance toon.
    yeah I just jumped on the PTR and had a look. I have credit for hitting exalted with Rustbolt Rebellion from my Horde character but need to do the storyline. which shouldn't take too long.