Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Farm mounts for one
    Just seems very excessive. I guess it makes sense though for farming mogs/mounts/etc. I can't play more than a few characters. I've played the same main for 15 years.

Lmao. They had like what 2 months to do this? Yeah, sure it sucks it happened but I don't feel sorry for them at all.

15+ Year Old Account
    damn i been playing classic and i missed the whole event....what mount did i miss out on?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    It was nowhere near that bad at all. Especially since most of your gear was on par with what was needed. Unless you didn't upgrade your heirlooms, in which case you didn't get the bonus XP from Korraks since it needed to be leveled.
    so quick tip.

sadly the event is over so this wont help you much.

but dont waste all your gold on heirlooms like a plebian
    instead get these 2 trinkets, and upgrade them instead, these work for ALL CHARECTERS and give you FAR MORE EXP then any heirlooms ever could, and with just these 2 trinkets you could easily get to max level in no time.

its what i , and most people i know did, as these 2 trinkets stacked, giving you double exp.
    could be used on all chars, meaning you only needed to upgrade 2 items, they already started pretty high level.

however yeah, once you went out into the real world your gear was SHIT.

also alot of people did the korrak thing without heirlooms, os it was REALLY bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    so quick tip.

instead get these 2 trinkets, and upgrade them instead, these work for ALL CHARECTERS and give you FAR MORE EXP then any heirlooms ever could, and with just these 2 trinkets you could easily get to max level in no time.

its what i , and most people i know did, as these 2 trinkets stacked, giving you double exp.
    could be used on all chars, meaning you only needed to upgrade 2 items, they already started pretty high level.

also alot of people did the korrak thing without heirlooms, os it was REALLY bad.
    Or you could've had those, AND normal heirlooms, so your gear wouldn't be shit when you were done? Also, good luck getting those on any kind of competitive shards

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    damn i been playing classic and i missed the whole event....what mount did i miss out on?
    Slight reskins for the old AV mounts.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only knew about the event a week ago from a WOW head tweet
    thank god enough time to level all my alts that have been stuck on 111 for over a year!! lol.
    only issue was alliance side 2 min wait, Horde side often 30-40 mins so leveling the alliance alts was so fast.
    utterly hilarious seeing people moaning about a match being "long" when old AV could last hours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally, the eternal war of ice and stone has come to an end. No more shall I send champions to that valley for their eternal fight for gaining power. It was a good tool to gain levels, even with normal looks when you don't have the PvP XP Trinkets.

Brought 12 under-loved characters to level 120, at least!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Or you could've had those, AND normal heirlooms, so your gear wouldn't be shit when you were done? Also, good luck getting those on any kind of competitive shards
    You've had years to do the achievements.

so quick tip.

Yes, I knew about that. Problem was I didn't have the DMF trinket. Also, if you actually wanted to level with max XP you would use the heirlooms too.

Heirlooms give +55%
    Trinkets give +50% each

To further increase you had:

+10% Draught
    +50% Buff 20-90 as a Monk
    +20% XP 91-99 through the use of the Garrison potion which you could unlock while queuing if horde; Alliance would lose a few minutes, but unlocking it and doing the intro quests would yield more XP in that time vs the gradual XP
    +5% XP 111-120 if put in an XP gem through the use of a garrosh heirloom
    +10% XP DMF buff if the week was up and you were lucky enough not to die/knew what you were doing so you didn't.

Even earlier if you used a legion legendary

Using heirlooms + 1 of those trinket gives you more XP than 2 of the trinkets alone.

Or you could be even lazier and only upgrade the cloth set and use it on all toons. It's what a lot I know did. Even then using base cloth gear everything was doable. So far I've opened up Nazjatar / Level 35 neck quest with a hunter, resto druid, feral druid, ret paladin, warrior, monk, rogue, priest, lock, mage in nothing but the heirlooms at base gear. Though technically I could've just mailed BoA's from my main I guess, but was too much effort to swap back and forth. Each toon had absolutely no problem doing it.

Also, if you were below 120, like 119 you didn't even have to fight mobs. You could fly, or ride if no flying, and loot only treasures and they awarded a substantial amount of XP.

Really? Every person I saw in each BG was using heirlooms, can't remember seeing a single person who wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Autoriot View Post
    ^^^ This. Well geared 120's had way more HP and could easily do way more damage / soak more damage than leveling characters in BoAs. Geared 120's just had better stats overall, not to mention traits and essence powers that BoA characters did not.

My leveling hunter (with BoA's enchanted and such, so still better than most) could hardly scratch a 120 resto druid... oh yeah and he was in cat form destroying me, not even actively spam healing... and yes, I am sure he was resto and not feral.
    I mean.. that's how resto druid works.. they put their HoTs out and then go kitty form to DPS while HoTS still roll.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I mean.. that's how resto druid works.. they put their HoTs out and then go kitty form to DPS while HoTS still roll.
    Correct. The reason I said that was a 120 resto druid with just hots rolling could delete me in cat form while staying at 100% health..it was to point out that a geared 120 was significantly more powerful than anyone else, despite those claiming the scaling kept everyone fairly equal.

No sub-120 healer (even a resto druid) could do that in Korrak's versus my semi-twinked BoA alt MM hunter. Most healers I could take from 100% to 50% in a couple shots... sure they would just top themselves up after that and we play the up/down health game, but they are on the defensive and casting and not attacking my face while all of this is going on.

The xp must have been just insane with one or both of those trinkets, wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Autoriot View Post
    No sub-120 healer (even a resto druid) could do that in Korrak's versus my semi-twinked BoA alt MM hunter. Most healers I could take from 100% to 50% in a couple shots... sure they would just top themselves up after that and we play the up/down health game, but they are on the defensive and casting and not attacking my face while all of this is going on.
    Sub 120 it isn't that hard. I was doing it all the time, especially when trying to cap base towers on my druid. Depends on their talents they could have a multitude of HoT's rolling with no effort. Heck I was 5v1 at multiple points with people, granted I wasn't dps'ing just keeping myself in the 75-100% range which would irritate them. You'd essentially have Rejuv, Lifebloom, Swiftmend (x2 if you talent), Efflorescence (and it's dot heal if you talented) rolling without being interrupted. Then if you talent Wild Growth you'd have it instant too. What was funny for me was watching DK's use Chains of Ice and confused on why it wasn't sticking. Though it shouldn't be spammable and restricted by cc duration lessen thingy that slips my mind atm, but that's another story

Yeah, it is hard to take down even non-120 healers doing everything they can to stay alive, they were tankier than tanks (except maybe BDKs, it is close).

That is where the difference is though, at 120 I just ignored the healers mostly because I learned I couldn't kill them unless I had a lot of other help. I specifically mentioned the one druid who tore my face off while taking no damage but there were plenty of 120 healers I put 8k+ damage (this is the scaled number) into in under 5 seconds that did not go below 30% health. When there was a geared 120 healer in a pack of enemies, I had better lucky deleting a non-120 dps before they could react than focusing them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh I was at 70% and was like "eh fuck the mount"

To quote Han Solo, "No reward is worth this!"

I play Alliance, by the way.
    Putin khuliyo

most get +45% XP boost from heirlooms, the additional +10% to get to +55% comes from rings with +5% xp boost that many don't have. one is from winning the STV fishing contest and the 3 others (unique equip of 1) mission rewards come from a developed garrison set up with a shipyard mission table

got alot of questions for two months in korrak AV on the rings and the defending champion trinket. some were returning players prior to WOD, maybe some classic WOW players doing retail? alot were from WOD to BFA.

blizzard has a selective history of making time consuming farms from previous expac, pretty much free, near instant or purchasable like

- Siamese cat pet from DM/vc uber rare drop in van wow, put at a vendor in BC for less than 1G, devs who work BMAH still start it at 1000g
    - TBC halaa PVP mounts, required PVP, in WOD one garrison mission you received the currency to purchase both
    - WOTLK 1000g dual spec, reduced, reduced, removed.

no need to put more, but if enough complain there may be a point were the rings or leveling XP boost trinkets are moved to BOA vendor or more added

in Shadowlands i expect them to wipe BOA upgrades go from 1-50. those who come later profit, those who upgraded before costs were reduced...oh well. those who upgraded recently at reduced costs...you lost less
    Last edited by pinkz; 2020-01-08 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    most get +45% XP boost from heirlooms, the additional +10% to get to +55% comes from rings with +5% xp boost that many don't have. one is from winning the STV fishing contest and the 3 others (unique equip of 1) mission rewards come from a developed garrison set up with a shipyard mission table

got alot of questions for two months in korrak AV on the rings and the defending champion trinket. some were returning players prior to WOD, maybe some classic WOW players doing retail? alot were from WOD to BFA.

blizzard has a selective history of making time consuming farms from previous expac, pretty much free, near instant or purchasable like

- Siamese cat pet from DM/vc uber rare drop in van wow, put at a vendor in BC for less than 1G, devs who work BMAH still start it at 1000g
    - TBC halaa PVP mounts, required PVP, in WOD one garrison mission you received the currency to purchase both
    - WOTLK 1000g dual spec, reduced, reduced, removed.

no need to put more, but if enough complain there may be a point were the rings or leveling XP boost trinkets are moved to BOA vendor or more added

in Shadowlands i expect them to wipe BOA upgrades go from 1-50. those who come later profit, those who upgraded before costs were reduced...oh well. those who upgraded recently at reduced costs...you lost less
    Times change.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Slight reskins for the old AV mounts.
    and they will be gone forever now?

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    and they will be gone forever now?
    They will, as far as I know.