Page 56 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    Except we are tackling the highest difficulty content available, and statistics shows that people manage to do that and the problem is present only for people who fail to fix their mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes - YES, the whole point of mythic raiding is overcoming those mistakes, fixing them and killing bosses.
    Let me tell you as a Mythic raid leader for the last 3 years: There is NO WAY to fix all mistakes. It cannot be done. The game will need some leniency.

Stop thinking like a Sith Lord.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishayu View Post
    Let me tell you as a Mythic raid leader for the last 3 years: There is NO WAY to fix all mistakes. It cannot be done. The game will need some leniency.

Stop thinking like a Sith Lord.
    That's why game has combat ress available, lol

When people enter heroic raid, pull a boss, half of them die and the boss dies - i am ok with that. Same goes for normal and lfr. When people start dying on mythic until the boss reaches his final form/phase, and still kill it - either the boss has some unique mechanic that lets them do such things, the boss is undertuned, or it is an entrance boss of the raid - simple as that.
    So the entrance boss is allowed to have a player or two die? How generous of you to allow the pleb guilds out there some scraps.
    Well, obviously we disagree. Imho this rapid tightening will slowly strangle the mythic scene. You'll notice the ripples up the totem pole soon enough if this continues.

That's why game has combat ress available, lol
    Obviously, but way more mistakes will be made than combat resses are available. It's inevitable. Sometimes the mistake can't be fixed with a combat ressurection because it was the raid as a whole not doing enough damage or causing an AoE explosion or something.

Look, this boss has the lowest number of kills in any raid tier (not counting the silly Crucible of Storm end of tier BS) EVER.

It's too ****ing hard!

Quote Originally Posted by GringoD View Post
    So the entrance boss is allowed to have a player or two die? How generous of you to allow the pleb guilds out there some scraps.
    Well, obviously we disagree. Imho this rapid tightening will slowly strangle the mythic scene. You'll notice the ripples up the totem pole soon enough if this continues.
    Feel free to disagree, but i highly doubt Blizz will start nerfing the mid tier content just to satisfy people who think they deserve it Strangle? Highly doubt it, mythic raid scene is not the biggest one in WoW and as i said earlier " Guilds disband, new Guilds are created ". Been like that for a long long time. The argument is alike to " WoW killer is born, WoW will die soon ". People been whining at difficulty as long as there was something they couldn't achieve or tackle.

- - - Updated - - -

Obviously, but way more mistakes will be made than combat resses are available. It's inevitable. Sometimes the mistake can't be fixed with a combat ressurection because it was the raid as a whole not doing enough damage or causing an AoE explosion or something.

Look, this boss has the lowest number of kills in any raid tier (not counting the silly Crucible of Storm end of tier BS) EVER.

It's too ****ing hard!
    Okkkay

<snip>
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2020-01-09 at 12:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don `t think it `s the raids that are too difficult - it ´s the preparation that make people quit raiding mid-tier ... essence farm, ap farm, daily quests, reputation, mythic+.
    People also cant reroll that easy anymore, because of AP, essences & azerite gear.

We stopped raiding when we were at azshara mythic - people just didnt want to play anymore and needed a break.

Strangle? Highly doubt it, mythic raid scene is not the biggest one in WoW and as i said earlier " Guilds disband, new Guilds are created ". Been like that for a long long time. The argument is alike to " WoW killer is born, WoW will die soon ". People been whining at difficulty as long as there was something they couldn't achieve or tackle.
    Sure, people always whine, but I don't need to play fortune teller. The 1.5k - 3k range has already been obliterated. We have a trend. If things don't change one way or the other, it's bound to continue.

Okkkay

<snip>
    I know at this point you're just trolling, but I'll bite anyway:

1) Your raid makes tons of mistakes, too, and so do you, even if you're in the top 100 in the world, and you know this perfectly well. That's why you need so many tries you need to raid 15+ hours a week for many weeks. Stop being pretentious about it. You just make less.
    2) Mythic raiding is supposed to be very hard, yes, but it's not supposed to be nigh-on impossible. That's just my opinion, of course, but I stand by it.

I know with quite a bit of certainty that the only reason you're posting the way you are is because you want to feel smug about the fact hat you defeated a hard pixel dragon. Get over yourself and start talking to us like adults.
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2020-01-09 at 12:50 PM.

1) Your raid makes tons of mistakes, too, and so do you, even if you're in the top 100 in the world, and you know this perfectly well. That's why you need so many tries you need to raid 15+ hours a week for many weeks. Stop being pretentious about it. You just make less.
    2) Mythic raiding is supposed to be very hard, yes, but it's not supposed to be nigh-on impossible. That's just my opinion, of course, but I stand by it.

I know with quite a bit of certainty that the only reason you're posting the way you are is because you want to feel smug about the fact hat you defeated a hard pixel dragon. Get over yourself and start talking to us like adults.
    1) In case you missed my post earlier or didn't read it, " everyone makes mistakes ". Of course me and people in my raid make mistakes, and the whole fucking point is to fix them And kill bosses. Being pretentious? LoL. It is you who bragged about mythic raid leader for 3 years or something, i didn't even raise up my mythic raid experience to begin with
    There are no mistakes that can't be fixed btw. Once you have such mentality - you will run into problems pretty fast
    2) And it is not nigh-on impossible Amount of guilds that actually killed bosses in EP shows that

I am posting my thoughts as they are. You are taking things too personally, learn to loosen up

P.S. People here defeat hard pixel dragons all the time
    Last edited by Popastique; 2020-01-09 at 11:37 AM.

Thats exactly what the entry bosses are there for, scraps for the plebs. Why do you think they made them easy? They want to ease you in and let you have a taste, if you like to challenge yourself you will try harder each tier until you can defeat the more difficult bosses.

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone makes mistakes, we make a shitload of mistakes, but we learn from it and reduce the chance to make the same mistake again. Thats the difference between good and bad guilds, learning curve. Mythic raiding is nowhere close to impossible, it requires alot of patience. But when you nail that perfect try its very satisfying, its why most of us do it. I personally couldnt give a shit about loot, i do it for the thrill/rush of heartbeat when you're at 5% on the last boss etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Krille View Post

Everyone makes mistakes, we make a shitload of mistakes, but we learn from it and reduce the chance to make the same mistake again. Thats the difference between good and bad guilds, learning curve. Mythic raiding is nowhere close to impossible, it requires alot of patience. But when you nail that perfect try its very satisfying, its why most of us do it. I personally couldnt give a shit about loot, i do it for the thrill/rush of heartbeat when you're at 5% on the last boss etc.
    This pretty much ^^

1) In case you missed my post earlier or didn't read it, " everyone makes mistakes ". Of course me and people in my raid make mistakes, and the whole fucking point is to fix them And kill bosses. Being pretentious? LoL. It is you who bragged about mythic raid leader for 3 years or something, i didn't even raise up my mythic raid experience to begin with
    There are no mistakes that can't be fixed btw. Once you have such mentality - you will run into problems pretty fast
    2) And it is not nigh-on impossible Amount of guilds that actually killed bosses in EP shows that

I am posting my thoughts as they are. You are taking things too personally, learn to loosen up

P.S. People here defeat hard pixel dragons all the time
    That’s a lot of smileys.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    That’s a lot of smileys.
    I love my smileys

Quote Originally Posted by Krille View Post
    Thats exactly what the entry bosses are there for, scraps for the plebs. Why do you think they made them easy? They want to ease you in and let you have a taste, if you like to challenge yourself you will try harder each tier until you can defeat the more difficult bosses.
    I agree with the idea of giving plebs a taste and, you know, slowly amping up the difficulty. That's a curve. I like curves. All I wanted for christmas was a difficulty curve that makes sense.
    The guy was talking about quote "entrance boss", singular, and presumably a hardcore wall right after to show the plebs their place in life.

I love my smileys
    It’s just like listening to someone talk while they are laughing... hard to take seriously.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with the idea of giving plebs a taste and, you know, slowly amping up the difficulty. That's a curve. I like curves. All I wanted for christmas was a difficulty curve that makes sense.
    The guy was talking about quote "entrance boss", singular, and presumably a hardcore wall right after to show the plebs their place in life.
    You're never going to get a tier like that. Balancing the difficulty to be a linear progression is far too complex, especially since top guilds will probably discover some cheesy tactic that trivializes thing - like with Rastakhan door strat.

The closest thing that we can get is having alternate progression paths, where you aren't blocked by a single wall, but have several different bosses to choose from. Nighthold was kinda sorta like that, although skipping Aluriel was a nuisance. There's usually still a gap in difficulty, but it's possible that some guilds will have easier time with different bosses.

Yeah why don't they just make a difficulty curve that is perfect every single time for every single guild in the world. Small indie company roflmao amirite

Ironically, when Blizzard makes difficult heroic tiers, the guilds below the sub 2k ranked starts to complain that heroic is too difficult. The issue is more complex than people think, you can't just nerf/buff this and that, all changes have ripple effects that are bad in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    You're never going to get a tier like that. Balancing the difficulty to be a linear progression is far too complex, especially since top guilds will probably discover some cheesy tactic that trivializes thing - like with Rastakhan door strat.

The closest thing that we can get is having alternate progression paths, where you aren't blocked by a single wall, but have several different bosses to choose from. Nighthold was kinda sorta like that, although skipping Aluriel was a nuisance. There's usually still a gap in difficulty, but it's possible that some guilds will have easier time with different bosses.
    Sure, there's going to be anomalies. But I don't demand perfection, I demand approximation.
    It's weird hearing that Blizz can't possibly do any better. Sounds like a cop-out.

Quote Originally Posted by apustus View Post
    Yeah why don't they just make a difficulty curve that is perfect every single time for every single guild in the world. Small indie company roflmao amirite
    Oh look, a strawman.
    Last edited by GringoD; 2020-01-09 at 01:26 PM.

They should cut it out with the silly intro phases on final bosses. Argus Mythic was pretty cool in that you just skipped a silly phase in Mythic and it tacked on a hard one at the end. If Azshara did that instead of having the sleeping pill of a phase of P1 it would have been a much more enjoyable fight. P2 Azshara is also like taking a klonopin. Ghuun had a silly pointless P1, Jaina did, and Azshara did also.

I thought the difficulty curve in Palace was fine apart from the huge gulf of the last 2 bosses. The stop DPS stuff for Zaqul also made it more boring and that also suffers from the pointless intro phase problem. Pointless intro phases are fine for lower difficulties but when you are wiping many times on bosses it really makes WoW unpleasant to play.

The prep needed this tier was also uniquely terrible with the benthic and essence grind. Completely un-enjoyable trash busywork. Being a janitor scrubbing toilets would be more exciting than doing another pearl daily because at least then the work is engaging, challenging, and different every day while also paying you real US dollars. It's also more dignified than being a slave for an imaginary helpless crybaby race of gilblins.
    Last edited by Mamercus; 2020-01-09 at 07:04 PM.