Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    This brings us to 20k+9k+3k+6k+9k+30k.
    That is 77k gold/month just for the emissary on one character, not including the reward inside the paragon caches.

As I said, 500k is definitely too much, but don't underestimate this.
    The claim wasn't just 500k, it was that it didn't take significantly more time than the WoD mission table.

And 77k is barely over 15% of those 500k. That's a rather major difference. Selling all that extra stuff is also a significant amount of additional work and heavily dependent on server economy.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The claim wasn't just 500k, it was that it didn't take significantly more time than the WoD mission table.

And 77k is barely over 15% of those 500k. That's a rather major difference. Selling all that extra stuff is also a significant amount of additional work and heavily dependent on server economy.
    Ok, a few things here:
    1. The 77k do not include the gold from the paragon caches.
    We have 7 factions that are relevant here, assuming they are evenly distributed that means we get around 4.2 (lets say 4) emissaries per faction per month. Each emissary rewards you with 1.5k reputation and in addition to that you get reputation for the daily quests (and there is the weekly event where WQs gives bonus reputation). This means that you get roughly 7k reputation per month, that means you get less than one paragon chests per faction per month. However, we are only going for the average values here.
    Basically on average we only get 70% of the income that is possible to get through the caches. Lets assume they give 4k gold each, however I think its actually a little bit more.
    7*4k = 28k
    28k*0,7 = 19.6k

So this means its more like 96600g/month and honestly I think I was a bit pessimistic with most of the stuff, so lets say its 100.000g
    You are completely right, thats not 500k, in fact its only 20% of that, but for the abysmal amount of of work this is, its actually a very good amount.

2. "Selling all that extra stuff" is really, really not a "significant amount of additional work". Its literally 5 minutes every week. You get 4 different things to sell (if you want to spice things up you could also sell linen cloth and whatever you also find, but I am not looking at that and I also ignore regular mob loot drops), thats just put them in the AH in one stack and sell them. GG, done, see you again next week.

3. If you did the mission table in WoD right you did not send out twice a day, but more like 10 times a day, because you wanted to max garrison ressource income for sumptuous fur. That also took a significant amount of time. Doing the WQs on 1 char is like 10-15 minutes. WoD WAS less, you are right, but not THAT much less.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    3. If you did the mission table in WoD right you did not send out twice a day, but more like 10 times a day, because you wanted to max garrison ressource income for sumptuous fur. That also took a significant amount of time. Doing the WQs on 1 char is like 10-15 minutes. WoD WAS less, you are right, but not THAT much less.
    You couldn't send them out that often, as you'd run out of missions. Anything beyond twice a day ran into severe diminishing returns. Also remember that you didn't even need to log in with the app, nor did you even need to be anywhere near your gaming machine of choice.

You're also working of somebody with precise knowledge of how the game works, rather than the average player taken as baseline by the claimant, and presuppose that any auctions you put up will sell and that the player has the AH mount or infinite bag space, otherwise your "5 minutes every week" won't work out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    i don't count crafted mounts, others like the WOTLK chopper mounts, MOP sky golem, etc. expac mounts would have to be included

WOD, many also forget horde got a free cycle mount and alliance had to pay 100k from a vendor for their version from the orange county chopper design vote contest
    Oh yea, completely forgot about that 100k.

And again, OP mentioned the highest cost goldsink at the time, not all the gold sinks. Sky Golems aren't actually a gold sink, just a time sink, since it's time-gated to a full month for each one. You can quite literally get all the mats you need for one by just visiting the panda farm each day and doing the ore plants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

15+ Year Old Account
    BFA had zero gold gain built in, can't increase the mount price in the next expansion if you don't wanna enrage your playerbase.

You do realise that most crafted mounts have parts that must be vendor-bought?
    yes, i have JC and 6 players who a engineers. chopper was 12.5k gold just for the parts early in WOTLK. later in the expac the chopper mount vendor parts were farmable in Ulduar, choppers prices dropped insanely on my server at the time to 8-10K. WOW forums lit up when that was less than the price for just vendor parts. Blizzard realizing Ulduar and some instances would be a cake walk in CATA, those part salvage/drops were severely nerfed, and i believe in patch 8.0 salvaging Ulduar was removed
    Last edited by pinkz; 2020-01-08 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maell View Post
    It is only a gold sink if you entice people to spend it, I for one don't have the yak even though i have the gold to spare for it. For a vendor/repair? Got the mammoth.
    I am way most likely to spend 5x 10k on a few different mounts/pets/toys then in a 50k mount. The efective gold sink is done with something that isn't that costly but repeatable, instead of a big 1 time spend.
    Yak has transmog, man! It's the best utility mount by far.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Yak has transmog, man! It's the best utility mount by far.
    It's cool and all but I don't need to change my transmog every hour.

I do use it but I sometimes even when I change 1 or 2 pieces of equip I don't go to the transmog guy. Most of the times I see 3 pieces of equip (head, shoulders and cape).

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    BFA had zero gold gain built in, can't increase the mount price in the next expansion if you don't wanna enrage your playerbase.
    BfA has gold gains built in, especially if you have level 70 azerite neck, and I'm not talking about selling anything on the AH; but you have to work for that. Gold is not thrown at you, but Accendor has proven that you can get nice chunks of money with limited time investment.

Too bad the +15% reputation bonus is gone :'( but everything adds up, and it's even better if you have ways to maximize the reputation gains (alliance WM bonus, darkmoon faire bonus, human racial bonus, WQ reputation bonus week). Bonus points if you have herbalism/enchanting for maximal efficiency. At some point, with the anniversary bonus, the human racial bonus and the WQ rep week, every mechagon daily (kill 3 rares, loot 6 chests) on my alliance human rewarded crazy amount of reputation for 5-10 minutes a day.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    It is literally not worth sending gold missions in bfa simply because average world quest gives 40-60 resources and you need around 100 to send gold mission for like 300g.

If you got tons of resources then maybe but to do it on alts? Nope. Just farm some flowers and you will have more gold per time spent.
    If your neck is level 70, every AP mission rewards gold instead. The small AP missions (4h or less) grant 200-250 gold for 20 resources. It's not a lot, sure, but I often have 4-5 gold missions available.
    Last edited by Barzotti; 2020-01-09 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    INCOMING......

10 million gold mount - can fly at the start of the Xpac - no need for achievement unlocks!

That one would get people fuming, ehh?
    also on a completely unrelated notice. We are lowering the price of tokens by 2 euro!

Quote Originally Posted by Uniqed View Post
    Hey all!

Did a similar thread after BFA was announced and the consesus in the thread as that it would probably not be more than the spidermount from Legion. Little did we know that the AH-Dinosaur was coming our way.

TBC - Epic Flying-skill (5000g)
    Wotlk - Vendor mammoth (16.000g)
    Cataclysm - Vial of Sands (at the time around 35.000g) Not as obvious as a goldsink as the two prior.
    MoP - Reforge/Transmog Yak - (120.000g)
    WoD - Honestly dont know if there was any here?
    Legion - Spider mount (2.000.0000g)
    BFA - Mighty Caravan Brutosaur (5.000.000g)
    Shadowlands - ??? (???g)

1. How much do you think the "goldsink"-mount will cost in Shadowlands
    2. Any special ability you would like it to have? Such as AH, mailbox, transmog etc.
    hi all.how may tokes doi have to buy for can buy this?bli$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

a shame.people will make them very rich..or may be,they are very rich now yet...xd....
    token$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

A flying mount, with vendors!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    BfA has gold gains built in, especially if you have level 70 azerite neck, and I'm not talking about selling anything on the AH; but you have to work for that. Gold is not thrown at you, but Accendor has proven that you can get nice chunks of money with limited time investment.

Too bad the +15% reputation bonus is gone :'( but everything adds up, and it's even better if you have ways to maximize the reputation gains (alliance WM bonus, darkmoon faire bonus, human racial bonus, WQ reputation bonus week). Bonus points if you have herbalism/enchanting for maximal efficiency. At some point, with the anniversary bonus, the human racial bonus and the WQ rep week, every mechagon daily (kill 3 rares, loot 6 chests) on my alliance human rewarded crazy amount of reputation for 5-10 minutes a day.

If your neck is level 70, every AP mission rewards gold instead. The small AP missions (4h or less) grant 200-250 gold for 20 resources. It's not a lot, sure, but I often have 4-5 gold missions available.
    Sure but it's not even close to the garrison gold and co of old which seems like the only way to afford newly introduce mounts these days(or going way back the mass guild invite addon with guildmasters making 1mil+ with the 10% gold perk).

For me personally it's pretty demotivating to play retail or coming back to retail. Having played from vanilla MC, but having skipped the exact expansions that made everyone their gold (WoD/Legion) feels terrible. BFA is way more aimed at making farming way _less_ lucrative and pushing people to buy gamecards for AH gold, that's how it feels like at least. Heck even in Pandaria I could easily farm the transmoprh mammoth provided I put in some time, now I'm looking at 1000s of worldquests or ages of professions to afford the 'big' mounts. I've always been super rich in the past from farming, BFA is the first time I don't see any proper gold increases, more like total stagnation. It's really easy to notice the difference.

I've always said a total goldwipe at this point would be best, to introduce a fair playground for all, and then making newer gold gain systems in a new expansion be easily balanced overall. Gold reset to 0, and everything in your banks/bags soulbound on a new expansion release would be perfect to accomplish this, anounce it way in advance, like the next expansion, so people don't feel their wasted their real money on AHing gametime cards. And everyone would start fresh, and all old 'exploits', if you can call the guild gold perk that, maybe improperly balanced and fixed-too-late would be a better summary, would be removed from the game.

Then, mount introductions like this could be realistically balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    Sure but it's not even close to the garrison gold and co of old which seems like the only way to afford newly introduce mounts these days
    BfA is the first expac I've made over 1 million actually. I had trouble buying the 500k mount in Legion (could'nt be arsed to setup the whole garrison thing for X chars every time and play a mobile app game instead of actually playing). I've made over 5 millions since BfA release, on a low pop server.

it will be at gold cap because blizzard hates poor people.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

The situation isn't remotely comparable. WoD you could do all that by standing next to your mission table and logging twice a day when you didn't have anything better to do. BfA you still have to go out and actually do something.
    Didn't even have to log in. Just use the app lol

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    Didn't even have to log in. Just use the app lol
    There was no app in WoD but your negativity is cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    I think 5 mil still. The gold hoarders don't seem to be all that interested in gold sinks for some reason.
    That is because Gold Makers generally know that the AH mount does not really benefit them in any real meaningful manner and that it is a waste of gold to buy it.
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Firefall View Post
    There was no app in WoD but your negativity is cute.
    Uh, yeah there was. Now run along and stop talking about shit you have no idea about.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I imagine it'll stay at 5M as that's a reasonable amount of gold for some exotic and fancy mount, provided it has some kind of useful function. Hard to top an AH though so I'm guessing the new one will have something else useful to it instead. Banking? Kinda irrelevant since you can get the Argent Crusade dude for that pretty easily. Mailbox? Covered by the stampwhistle. What does that really leave? Someone suggested portals to shaft mages and I think that's possible, as well as maybe a mobile 'summoning stone' of some kind because we can't be letting warlocks get away from things too easily.

Other than those things though, what could it do though that isn't already covered elsewhere? A bank/void bank/mog mount that's got ethereals on it? Maybe they just removed the longboi to have a different AH mount?
    Paladin Bash has spoken.