Poll: Should we die of Breath in Outland?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Imagine hating the red shirt guy lol
    I hated him until his stupid shirt dropped for my Rogue

Imagine a cosmetic item that only drops from a NPC in the opposite factions city not being 100%

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by visualdave View Post
    Mate we don't all have time machines you've gone dug up a 9 year fossil all you've done!
    Searchhhhh
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    BC, and especially Legion, were dangerously close to a SF universe, though. And all that Titan crap all the way from WotLK onwards hasn't helped either.
    WoW is steampunk-esque, but that's still far from considering physics details like atmosphere. I mean, Engineers can hammer together some cog and springs and create a robot with rudimentary AI, how's that for realism?

And the technology of the space/nether-faring organizations is mostly magic anyway.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mate we don't all have time machines you've gone dug up a 9 year fossil all you've done!
    Then that just means this thread should be locked as it is a duplicate topic and we should continue the conversation there instead.......

lets go deeper - why there is sound?
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

So I've been wondering, how do we physically breath in Outland?
    I would assume this is done by inflating and contracting one's lungs in a continuous manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharadin View Post
    I would assume this is done by inflating and contracting one's lungs in a continuous manner.
    Oh god, now you made me do it consciously. I have to keep actively doing this or I'll suffocate!
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    There's nothing really wrong with it, some of the stuff in Ulduar looks good and we already entered the sci fi realm in BC as you said hell even when Draenor was fleshed out. So..its been there forever, the fact it got fleshed out isn't bad or somehow some big change.
    WC2, even. So we have a whopping 1 game that didn't have it, out of 4.(and 10 expansions)

Besides, Fantasy and SF are the same genre anyway, with at best superficial differences, so the complaint is nonsensical anyway.

Page 2 and no one said "Do you think that's air you're breathing?"

Quote Originally Posted by The Ancient One View Post
    damn, where's red shirt guy when you need him the most?
    A Wizard did it!

Quote Originally Posted by Zuvio View Post
    Page 2 and no one said "Do you think that's air you're breathing?"
    Movie's old enough to drink legally in the US, mate.

As for the OP, why wouldn't we be able to breathe? The atmosphere clearly came into the Twisting Nether with the lithosphere sections that we quest on. With no other source of gravity, the atmosphere has nowhere else to go. Even though there is no longer a magnetic field around the planet, I'm guessing the Twisting Nether lacks something akin to solar winds to rip the atmosphere off.

The real physics question is why creatures native to Outland can still walk on the surface, as the total gravity of the planet has diminished extensively. Everything that was born on the planet and/or found they could operate as normal prior to shattering should be floating high in the atmosphere.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    We also don't slowly float away from the ground every time we try to walk, even though some fragments of a planet can hardly generate enough gravity. It's a Fantasy universe, no a SF one.
    Is as much SF as it is Fantasy.

While twisted, outland still does have air elementals, so it stands to reason that there is air to breathe.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Imagine hating the red shirt guy lol
    right? lol...imagine actually knowing enough about him to know what he even caught on to the first time or any other question he's asked through the years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.

Who says wow chars breath oxygen like us? O.O

Maybe instead oxygen they breath in some magical ether that's in the air usually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not? Zangarmarsh, Terokkar and Netherstorm all have trees or treelike flora. I don't know how many trees is "enough" in a fantasy setting, but it's not like it's a planet devoid of life.
    I would instead ask the same thing for Argus. Granted we did not see it all so maybe trees are somewhere else there.

To be fair, I would argue that: "Dude, its a fantasy game, not real life", but looking at Bear npcs for example. They breathe heavily and when you go to Northrend, you can your char breathing out, due minus temp. I would say that in this occasion its gameplay over lore.

There are fires in Outland so there must be oxygen.

But the again. Who says it’s oxygen that’s needed to breathe in Warcraft?

10+ Year Old Account
    In a world of demons, walking skeletons, monsters, aliens and literal magic...THIS is what you have a gripe about? Like throwing a hammer made out of light to deal damage is absolutely fine with you.....but magical air isn't?

Good God, do we have to have a thread about every stupid thing people think about?

Next up.. Why is grass green?

So I've been wondering, how do we physically breath in Outland? Like shouldn't we die everytime we go there, guys? Vote in the poll!
    ... a weird question to ask in a fantasy world where dead corpses are walking around. I don’t think that real life physics apply...

To ask how we “physically” do something in WoW is completely dumb. It’s like asking how do we physically create fire out of our hands. Or how do we physically carry hundreds of mounts in our pockets that we can pull out in a matter of seconds.

Why do you question exactly “breathing” out of all the unrealistic things that happen in WoW?

Edit: I think the poll shows what people think about your thread. What are you smoking?
    Last edited by Kaver; 2020-01-09 at 02:58 PM.